Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Georgia football-Kent State live updates, score, analysis, injury news for Week 4 game

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited September 2022 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia football-Kent State live updates, score, analysis, injury news for Week 4 game

The Georgia Bulldogs take on Kent State in a Week 4 college football game. Below you can find information on the score, live updates, injury news as well as other analysis.

Read the full story here

Comments

• reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I thought Arian was "close to getting back" weeks ago.

• budknox310budknox310 Posts: 812 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited September 2022

After half of the 1st qtr, can we STOP the Heisman, the "greatest team ever assembled" talk, please.

Can they STOP the in game celebrations on defense after every play. Act like you have been there before, Dumas.

They may go on and blow them out, but not clean on offense. They are definitely playing DOWN to the competition.

Milton first run, a loss. That is the 2nd T.F.L.of the year. Another ball on the ground. Just sloppy, sloppy, sloppy.

Wow. Playing like this, giving up possessions with turnovers, they will not survive a team that can score. Like UT. And having to settle for fg's.

I guess some feelings got hurt early today. LOL. LOL.

• UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,131 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

UGA looks awful on offense and D for most part. Smart will tongue lash them at half time...there goes #1 status...no matter how this turns out. Stetson hype is gone ...put in Beck even Brock V...even Gunner!! This KS team is what Kirby said it was...well coached. They gave OK more than they could handle first half of that game. Same with Wash.

edited September 2022

I stand by my comments even more after the 3rd turnover of the game. And throw in the td they just scored. Facts, that's what I stated. Absolute garbage.

12-10. Really.

McConkey is not right today. He needs to ride the bench for the rest of this game. Not for punishment, just to settle down. But real question is, is this the adversity Kirby is manufacturing?

• DreamAndWonderDreamAndWonder Posts: 37 ✭✭ Sophomore

Bench him please!!

UGA getting its butt handed to them by an underrated Kent State. All this Georgia hype ...best ever....I will drop UGA to 4 or 5 now...if they win? Uncle Lou is right. UGA way over- rated.KS looks better than Oregon. I honestly had a bad feeling in my gut on this one. Where is Monken? On vacation? Muschamp flee back to SC? Georgia cannot keep playing sloppy like this with these nonconference teams. Kirby is ready to have a coronary on the sidelines. This will give ESPN plenty to crow about. I cannot stand to watch any longer.....going to do yard work. LOL

• HenddawgHenddawg Posts: 716 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I really don’t want to hear the old “KS was tough, blah, blah, blah” stuff. UGA looks really bad in all facets of the game and the one thing that has been true all season is even more true now - the O line is just not that good. They can’t get any surge at all and look disjointed each play. Conference play will be difficult. UGA is good but definitely not a #1 team; more like 3 or 4 but not 1. Just look really bad and please, no excuses by touting how “well coached” or “really good” KS is. Regardless they are a MAC team with MAC talent.

Well Bennett stretched across the goal line for that one. Good drive.

• Silver_BritchesSilver_Britches Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Dawgs have my nerves all messed up playing like they’re playing so far today. Dang! Hope we get our heads into the game for the second half and take care of business the way we should, in convincing fashion! Looking sloppy today on both sides of the ball. Got to get it together!

GO DAWGS!

edited September 2022

Everyone knew that Bennett will play in the 4th qtr this year, but no one would of guessed it could of been against Kent State. Brock may not get to see the field.

Here is a serious thought, not that it mattered, because they scored anyway. When Bowers goes out at the 2, there was 57 seconds left. Clock stopped. 1 Mac run , and get to the L.O.S. There is only 14 seconds left? Somebody needs to replace the clock operator.

• thadecthadec Posts: 611 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Relax folks. So long as UGA ultimately wins by 4 scores the pollsters and awards voters won't care. Everyone knows that this was a noon kickoff against a mid-major sandwiched between a pair of conference games. Happens every year all over college football.

• JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,735 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Me, I have high hopes for the Dawgs!

Excellent first half for us.

No, we didn't look tip top. Relative to perfect we were bad.

We needed a half like this. I'm really glad our half like this was a first half against a MAC team. We have to win the second half.

In the second half the team we see will have had to reflect and regroup. The second half will tell the tale.

My goodness, we have a "bad" first half, but have double the points of our opponent, and fans are tuning out on the season! Astonishing.

What we saw in the first half had little to do with Kent State. (Kent State is playing well.) We are facing adversity. We need to face adversity. Adversity in the form of unforced errors. Mental. Lack of focus and precision.

We needed to know we're mortal. Now we know.

Let's see how the second half goes.

Go, Dawgs!

• GaBoi69GaBoi69 Posts: 323 ✭✭✭ Junior

Georgia is about to clear the stadium by the way they are playing to am inferior opponent.

• KudzuKudzu Posts: 353 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited September 2022

Lot of angst on here, and I get it.

First Half comments: Myself, I'm not as worried about the offense as a total package. If you subtract three turnovers and an absolutely horrific day from McConkey (what the heck happened!? and, BTW, those two dropped long balls were actually really good throws by SBIV, IMHO... if Ladd catches one or both, I agree with announcers that SBIV looks "eye poppingly great" today), it's not horrible, though still way below Natty winner standards. You're gonna get some "playing down" every once in a while from a group of young guys, and a QB is going to have an INT sometimes. Thank goodness for Brock!

The defense? Different story altogether... there is zero excuse for the 2Q missed tackles, esp for the TD run after catch up the left sideline. In another case, Brinson actually stopped right in the middle of a tackle that would have been a TFL! Unfortunately, can't rewind the streaming I'm watching to confirm all the various play-by-play suspicions.

That leads to the worst thing of the day (so far) for me: absolutely HORRIFIC coverage by ESPN. Bad announcing, poor camera angles, commercials out the **** at inopportune times, bad lighting of the announcers, no ability to rewind (at least my ESPN app via Comcast), glitchy streaming between commercials and the game itself, huge difference in volume between game coverage and ads... there's lots more, but it's made for an unpleasant viewing experience (above and beyond the game itself 😁). I know ESPN/SECN is always poorer than CBS, Fox, etc., but come on 😳

Sorry for the long post, but I hope the silver lining is that the first half happened outside SEC competition and has provided film for CKS to use for "teachable moments" not just this year, but years to come 😃

Go Dawgs!!!

Added comments in 2H: Ladd came back, so good. But it was a FG fest for much of game, not good. Also was hoping O line would improve, but it actually got worse ☹️ D just surprisingly lackluster. Haven't seen final yards allowed total, but can't be great. Plus falling for a fake punt... again. Add to bad ESPN coverage some real questionable officiating... what a great day for fans to forget, and Dawgs players to remember! 🤣

Hope everyone's weekend goes better than the last three or so hours!!! 😁👍

• Scottdobbs01Scottdobbs01 Posts: 26 ✭✭ Sophomore

I'm glad this isn't on regular TV the dawgs are stinking it up against inferior opposition - should never happen.

So far,2nd half same as first...cannot score a TD. Reminds me of all those games of field goal wins years back. No offense generation. UGA is having a relatively bad day....forget #1.....must concentrate on catching the ball.....WRs. And turnovers. From none to many. Teams will have more confidence against UGA now...yes, they are mortal.

It looks like the student section at the goal post area already has been cleared out mostly.