Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia football-Kent State live updates, score, analysis, injury news for Week 4 game

2»

Comments

• Options
    GaBoi69GaBoi69 Posts: 323 ✭✭✭ Junior

Georgia is winning, but this is a sad and depressing game.

• Options

Kent State run game looks better than Georgia. Since Coach Pittman left, the offensive line looks average and the run game can't be found.

• Options

Everyone getting ready for Kirby press conference where he says Kent State is a good team. Instead of saying the team looked like crap and we didn't prepare them well during the week. It's more about coaching this week than Kent State being a good team.

• Options

Don't see the team leadership on the field.

• Options
    Scottdobbs01Scottdobbs01 Posts: 26 ✭✭ Sophomore

This is utterly pathetic.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,140 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Penalties.....looks like many Jake Fromm games...FGs. UGA is not playing well at all...IMO. Will plummet in polls because of lack of TDs against a very inferior team. #4 Michigan not looking good against MD either.

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Dawgs looking completely lost. Defense has holes everywhere.

Gonna be the toughest week of practice coming up...

• Options
    budknox310budknox310 Posts: 812 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited September 2022

Now with another fake punt, make that all 3 phases of the game.

UT will score all over this defense. They are actually just getting pushed around and missing tackles. This game may go over, because UGA can't stop them from scoring, and UGA just kicks fg's. SMH

UGA IS ABSOLUTELY IS BEING EMBARRASSED. THIS IS A TOTAL EMBARRASSMENT. What is bad is that the KS coach refused a 10 minute 4th qtr. UGA will not be No. 1 on Sunday. And rightfully so. AND someone said before. NOBODY is going to fear UGA now. UT beats these same type of teams by 50 plus points.

I was right, Bennett has to play in the 4th qtr. That does not help to keep backups, when they can't even play in a game they should dominant. 25 plays in the last 2 drives for KS.

One of the only positive things, is that Edwards looks a lot better then Milton. 1st and goal, and Milton gets smoked again. I honestly don't think he could break a tackle from me. LOL

• Options

Fake punt fools UGA again. Kent State could pull this one out yet. I know, sounds crazy, but UGA is just not that good. KS is scoring TDS while UGA feeds to the kicker Jake P. I am sweating the outcome of this game..and Kirby Smart better do something drastic after this fiasco. UGA big dogs won't like this lack of performance by Kirby. UGA defense not nearly as good as last season. KS having its way. Good QB.

• Options

I see Georgia have some starters limping. Playing a team like this, they shouldn't be in the game right now. However, they are because Kent State is putting a 5.2 millions dollar butt whooping on Georgia.

• Options
    brvhrtbrvhrt Posts: 322 ✭✭✭ Junior

Game isn’t over by any means, but I’ll go ahead and say this: For anyone to say that UGA isn’t a good football team is at best ignorant and at worst asinine. They have warts, for sure, but they are clearly playing “down” to a pretty good team in its own right.

• Options

What a home game. I told you Kirby would say they are a good team. It didn't look that way when Kent State played their previous game.

• Options
    edited September 2022

The angst isnt because we fans dislike this team, just dislike they way they play inferior opponents. This brings back memories of Richt coached teams. UGA is SUPPOSE to be better then that now. I have never been to that stadium because of where I live, but have been a fan for as long as I can remember. Which goes back before Walker, that's how old I am. But paying the cost of those tickets to watch this team under perform like that, I would be demanding my money back. This defense is playing soft, the offense is playing weak and not finishing the drill, and the special teams, let's just say they are "special".

There is no one in this country, that would of expected to see the starters still playing with 3 minutes left in the game. How sad is it, that you have to go for it on 4th down, when you had a 1st and goal from the 5. Now these broadcasters just said, about a "physical KS team", how are they going to survive against SEC physicality? Just an embarrassing effort by UGA. Now Kirby states that the team needed it, SMH. Against SEC teams, they will find themselves on the losing side.

Against everyone they have played, some teams piled up yardage and in some cases, points, against the 3rd and 4th string defense. But all this was done against the starters. But as I said before, Milton needs to be 3rd string, Edwards needs to be 2nd.

But I'm sorry, maybe I'm different then a lot of fans. I can't wait another 40 years.

• Options

Forget the down thumbs....they do not affect me at all. UGA finally showed a little defensive grit a the end with the Chris Smith interception. UGA ran clock out. Milton did redeem himself with a good TD to put it out of reach.

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited September 2022

Kent State scored 63 points in their previous game against LIU.. Only 3 points against Oklahoma the week before.

• Options
    KudzuKudzu Posts: 354 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Actually, I'm with you on most of your points on today's game, that's why I said "angst" in terms of worry/nervousness. Want to be clear I do NOT think you (or any other commenter on this game today) is anti-Dawgs... quite the opposite!!!

That said, I'm still optimistic this is a learning moment for a very, very young (on average) team. [Would love if Connor or another DN writer could get us the average starting team age (offense and defense) of the Dawgs for the past 5-10 years to compare to this team]. I'm hopeful we won't see one of these games during the SEC stretch.

To close, I agree this reminded me of a Richt-era game, but I have faith CKS will know how to use this as fuel to take this team (back) to the next level.

Have a great rest of your weekend, all!!!

• Options

Wondering the experience level of this team would be nice. I just definitely wear my emotions on my sleeve, when it comes to Dawg football.

You are right, hopefully kirby can get them motivated for the stretch that is coming up. Plus having to watch UT win, living here, just makes it worse now.

You too, have a great rest of the weekend.

• Options
    Ddavis0777Ddavis0777 Posts: 408 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Geeze man, I sincerely hope you’ve never had a lukewarm day at that office. Lol, you’re mad at Ladd, yet fail to realize he dropped two deep/probably touchdown passes from Stetson that would given him a 350+ 2TD stat line. You should just chill.

• Options
    Ddavis0777Ddavis0777 Posts: 408 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Read this after I commented previously. I’ve grown to truly just trust Kirby and his staff. Will they let me down from time to time, ABSOLUTELY. But in the end am I always WAY more proud of them and the squad than I am not… 1,000,000%. They got tons of coaching moments in this one. ****, maybe we even drop to #2. This team plays better from a place of “something to prove” from what I see so far.