Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

NFL types note more zip from Georgia QB Stetson Bennett, but more to prove entering Missouri game

SystemSystem Posts: 7,418 admin
edited October 2022 in Article commenting
imageNFL types note more zip from Georgia QB Stetson Bennett, but more to prove entering Missouri game

ATHENS — Stetson Bennett leads Georgia into its first night game of the year at Missouri looking to help the No. 1-ranked Bulldogs make a statement after last week’s lackluster outing.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    CDDawgsCDDawgs Posts: 56 ✭✭✭ Junior

Seriously, you include your Vol Boy Hooker OB in an article about Stetson? Business as usual.

• Options

WHat I noticed about SB was he threw into some tight windows a few times last week, with zip on it. I don't see why SB couldn't be drafted. I loved JF but SB is a better passer than JF. But Jake was 6' 2 " 1/2. BUt he was a statue pretty much.

I say if SB leads UGA all the way again(or close to it) and puts up record passing numbers some team will take flyer on him for sure. He's done nothing but overcome all obstacles.

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Off topic.. If you subscribe to DISH, you WILL NOT see the game. They have removed several channels, including espn(no big loss) and SEC Network. You can thank Disney for that. On hold now to cancel my dish..

• Options
    edited October 2022

Couldn't agree more. I'd bet no one on DAWGNATION cares about orange wearing CLOWNS.

• Options
    EastmandawgEastmandawg Posts: 145 ✭✭✭ Junior

Dang…..just can’t leave it alone can you. Now you’re using NFL scouts to try and validate your opinion of Stetson.

Most get it…..you just want to be right. But dang man, you are obsessed with it, way overboard. It’s become more about you, not a good look for you.

I bet if you ask those same scouts about the ones Stetson beat out (QB) who had the better pro potential……most would pick the ones on the bench and the transfer, two different games (pro/college).

I think most Dawg fans care more about his wins with the team he is playing with now than his potential as a pro. He is the best QB for his team. The players know it, the coaches know it and so does SB. Most all do but you, you just continue to question and needle.

Coaches coach and are paid to win. Take your beef up with them, the decision makers. I would think they would welcome your opinion/beef with open arms.

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited October 2022

Better players than the opposition? Receivers running wide open? Take a look at Fields’ tape at Ohio State! Nobody questions his stats and to the contrary, media types couldn’t take their lips off his backside.

The Bucknuts are a big fish in a very small pond. Defensively, the B1G is just a bunch of Mississippis, Missouris, and Vanderbilts.

McDonough has a hard enough time just performing his play-by-play gig. He should just shut up and try not to pass himself off as some kind of QB expert!

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

“He’s definitely better, but to me, it’s hard to judge off this limited sample because he’s throwing a lot of these perimeter passes, short and intermediate passes, to guys who are wide open and are super talented,” McDonough told SEC Network host Paul Finebaum. “You and I could complete some of these throws. "

Couldn't agree more, BUT Stet knows how to lead the team, the players trust him, and he has helped win a National Championship. And at this point, I just want him to help us win another one. Do I think he should be a serious Heisman candidate? It's too early in the season to tell for me. You'll have to talk to me in November.

Stet probably will not be a starting NFL QB, but even if he doesn't he has accomplished more than most college QBs out there. He ought to be proud of himself and his never-ending quest just to play the game he loves. You just gotta love it.

• Options
    edited October 2022

I guess we upset a ut fan judging from all the down votes 🤣😂🤣

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

After the NCG Young and Stets congratulated one another. They were eyeball to eyeball. There’s less than an inch difference.

Kyler Murray is an inch shorter than Stets.

“…relatively small stature…”? It is just way to easy for readers to do their own research rather than buy into the agendas and shallowness of media types that are no more experts than my dead grandmother.

• Options
    edited October 2022

That's very possible! Waits for another thumbs down vote..... 😆

• Options
    rxmasterrxmaster Posts: 124 ✭✭✭ Junior

Amazing - he still doesn't get nobody cares about Tennessee right now. We aren't playing Tennessee, we are playing Missouri. Nobody else matters RIGHT now. It's terrible writing. If he wants to write about Hendon Hooker, Cedric Tillman, or Josh Huepel, he should find a different job doing it because being a beat writer for UGA is not the best avenue for writing about a UT players and coaches.

• Options
    dogs_n_bravesdogs_n_braves Posts: 121 ✭✭✭ Junior

So, SBIV is markedly better (according to my amateur eye-test) this year. The biggest differences to me are that, last year, he had multiple passes batted down per game. This year, almost none. That alone is a huge difference. The other difference is that, except for the first half against S. Carolina, he gets into a rhythm and just seems to "feel" it. Sure, he looks like he added a bit of zip and he has always been accurate under 35-40 yards. But, his zippiness loses a bit of glow when Beck comes in and chucks lasers, by contrast.

And, I think side-by-side comparisons are fair. Specifically, Justin Fields - the chosen one - is awful in the NFL. I can confidently say that I think SBIV, with two years in the league, would not be worse than Fields is right now.

• Options
    EastmandawgEastmandawg Posts: 145 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited October 2022

It seems to me that his ambition to become a SEC writer….or maybe even a national one.

Nothing wrong with that, but he is struggling to cover just one team that he is getting paid to do.

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 2,992 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Y’all Please forgive my waaay off topic but the site wouldn’t let me post this under the topic about TV time etc. Well as many of you probably already know thanks to a war between ESPN owned by Disney and Dish Network trying to eek out more money from the consumers no game on SEC Network. This happens waaay to often !! I encourage you to not only call Both companies, but call your elected officials as well. The multi-billionaires won’t miss Any games They want to see. Only You the every day Consumer will be like me, the ones to Pay !! Enough is enough, time for Congress to step in and curtail the utter Greed !! Go Dawgs !! Go Stetson !!

• Options

The NFL can be a dangerous place for smallish QBs. It can be done, like Wilson, Murray, the Ravens guy, but you'd better have some wheels! Scary what happened to Tua this week.

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 2,992 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

We’ve all seen numerous times where Heisman winning QBs went on to be a bust in the NFL. If Stetson can go on to have a great season I think if I was an NFL team owner I’d give him some kind of opportunity to just See what he could do. Get him in the organization, train him up to NFL standards, and just See what he could do as maybe the #2 guy to start off. Then if he’s successful maybe he could work his way to being The Man !! Stetson has already shown Clearly that he has allot to offer. Who can with No Doubts say he’s be an absolute bust in the NFL ?? I can’t at least right now, and I won’t !!

• Options
    edited October 2022

I tried posting on the same article, with the same result as you. That's the reason I had to post it here, off topic. If you call, expect at least a hour wait, if not longer. Utterly ridiculous, they remove channels but your monthly price increases, that's not how it's supposed to work! I'll bet they lose multitudes of customers over this. They've already lost 1 in me, after I cancelled my subscription this morning.