Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

NFL types note more zip from Georgia QB Stetson Bennett, but more to prove entering Missouri game

2»

Comments

• navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,107 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Y’all Please forgive my waaay off topic but the site wouldn’t let me post this under the topic about TV time etc. Well as many of you probably already know thanks to a war between ESPN owned by Disney and Dish Network trying to eek out more money from the consumers no game on SEC Network. This happens waaay to often !! I encourage you to not only call Both companies, but call your elected officials as well. The multi-billionaires won’t miss Any games They want to see. Only You the every day Consumer will be like me, the ones to Pay !! Enough is enough, time for Congress to step in and curtail the utter Greed !! Go Dawgs !! Go Stetson !!

• reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The NFL can be a dangerous place for smallish QBs. It can be done, like Wilson, Murray, the Ravens guy, but you'd better have some wheels! Scary what happened to Tua this week.

We’ve all seen numerous times where Heisman winning QBs went on to be a bust in the NFL. If Stetson can go on to have a great season I think if I was an NFL team owner I’d give him some kind of opportunity to just See what he could do. Get him in the organization, train him up to NFL standards, and just See what he could do as maybe the #2 guy to start off. Then if he’s successful maybe he could work his way to being The Man !! Stetson has already shown Clearly that he has allot to offer. Who can with No Doubts say he’s be an absolute bust in the NFL ?? I can’t at least right now, and I won’t !!

• 1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited October 2022

I tried posting on the same article, with the same result as you. That's the reason I had to post it here, off topic. If you call, expect at least a hour wait, if not longer. Utterly ridiculous, they remove channels but your monthly price increases, that's not how it's supposed to work! I'll bet they lose multitudes of customers over this. They've already lost 1 in me, after I cancelled my subscription this morning.

I hear you !! And agree Totally !! Dish & Disney both make billions stacked on top of billions of $$$ and it’s You & Me and people like us that Really have to Pay for their wars over another dollar !! I called Both and told them my feelings, And my sincere Hope that millions of Americans will get Congress involved !! If these stinking rich entities can’t see their way on their own to treat consumers with common decency perhaps Congress can enact laws to Assist them in seeing their way !! My wife and I pay a fortune to watch mainly old westerns, a smidgen of news, and The Dawgs Play Football !! Notice how they seem to always wait till Sat. to pull these stunts ?? Grossly unfair to the consumers !! Just a bunch of Greedy people trying to eek out even more !! Sorry but I’m hot as blazes over this !! Go Dawgs !!

• 1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The American way..the rich keep getting richer, while the ordinary citizen suffers..

• DawgOnTheBeachDawgOnTheBeach Posts: 59 ✭✭✭ Junior

Another meaningless article by MG highlighting SBIV’s “shortcomings”. Surprised we did not get a JT comparison for the umpteenth time!! I don’t give a crap about Stetson’s NFL potential — that will be determined in the future. Right now, I just want him to be the best he can be leading UGA. Kinda feel the same about Heisman talk — that too will sort itself out and will be based on results and not his “…relatively small statue..” as MG consistently likes to point out!

• FishingDawgFishingDawg Posts: 39 ✭✭✭ Junior

The comments for this article, for the most part, are out in left field. How has SB been trashed and how has the UT qb been raised up? SB is our qb and he has improved, but at this point he no more than a good college qb. If it bothers you to hear information about other players, especially ones we might see this season, you might need to open your mind. Knowledge is power. I could give a rats ass if SB plays in the NFL. I want him to continue to grow this season and lead the Dawgs to another NC. His post UGA career will take care of itself. Personally, I want to know what lies ahead so the Dawgs can prepare properly for each game. You can bet that the support staff was studying everything about future opponents this week and not Missouri.