Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Georgia quarterback Stetson Bennett: ‘We fought admirably’ in 26-22 comeback win at Missouri

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited October 2022 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia quarterback Stetson Bennett: ‘We fought admirably’ in 26-22 comeback win at Missouri

Georgia quarterback Stetson Bennett found his rhythm in the fourth quarter at Missouri, just in time.

Read the full story here

Comments

• HenddawgHenddawg Posts: 719 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Can’t argue with anything he said. He really showed some leadership in the 2nd half. Definitely struggled and still tends to lock onto 1 receiver on each play, but he did show leadership and improved. Not all wins are pretty and the **** ones still count the same; although they are much more painful to watch! Go DAWGS

• HenddawgHenddawg Posts: 719 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

All I said was the “u**ly one still count the same. How in the world is that word not allowed?!

• Dawg4lyfDawg4lyf Posts: 21 ✭✭✭ Junior

Gut check game...not much was going right, got down by 13, then kicked and scraped our way back...defense stood tall on final 2 drives when it was needed most. Kirby has plenty of work to do but I bet secretly he was glad to see them fight through a game like this. Alabama had their Texas, now we've had our Mizz...time to get to work!

• kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

After the Kent State game, I expected this game to be one of our best... not our absolute worst. That's very concerning.

• navydawgnavydawg Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Love our Dawgs. Love Stetson. Glad they got the W. BUT Stets and our Dawgs shouldn’t have to had fought admirably against a Mizzou team that on paper is grossly inferior from a player talent stand point. Yes ANY team can have a bad outing, an Off day or in this case night. But what happened to the Recognition that things needed fixing after the Kent St. game ?? I’m thinking the First area on this team in need of repair is the Coaching Staff. No I’m not vaguely suggesting anyone needs to be fired. But Kirby needs to take a long look in the mirror Chew himself out very hard. Call All the Coaches together Chew them out. Call the players together, Chew them out and every player not injured run gassers, Then have a Very tough practice !! Let the Coaches know that Anyone can be demoted. Let the Players know the same. In the last two games ( you could even add in Stamford) the Dawgs seem to “ wake up” and start playing only when they are being humiliated. Well if humiliation is what turns their key, give Em some in the form of gassers !! And a reminder that a second string player can Take the starter job, and a third string player can Take the second string player’s job etc. There is Far to much talent on this Dawgs team to struggle against Kent St. and again against Mizzou. With respect to Mizzou as They were the ones who played their hearts out. Yeah I’ll always take and be glad of a win, no matter how bad it was done. But the Dawgs have GOT to get Much better and in a very short period of time if they are Serious about a repeat Ntl. Championship Win. Auburn will be smelling blood coming into Athens !! I’ll close by saying it’s the Attitude the Dawgs start these last really Three games off. They just act like they are completely uninterested. Especially on Offense. Then Finally when they are being humiliated they seem to Wake Up and play much harder. Well that Dawg won’t hunt when they play teams that are Much better than Kent St. and Mizzou as the season progresses. I don’t really know what’s wrong but Kirby better find out and fix it Fast, if they plan to retain the Crown !! Go Dawgs !! I Still Love Y’all !!

• PopeyethesailorPopeyethesailor Posts: 443 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited October 2022

Dawgs peaked with Carolina and have been slumping, ever since. If Kirby can't right the ship, Dawgs are going to get knocked off.

• DawgTattooDawgTattoo Posts: 408 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Suddenly match-ups against Kentucky, Tennessee, Florida , and Miss. State look very scary. Especially Tennessee and Miss. State (which is on the road). These two teams have looked very good and will be smelling blood when we play them. Five turnovers in the last two games! Offense looks out of sync! We are very susceptible to blitzes! Kirby has to figure things out and NOW.

• BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Get used to it guys...UGA has that big ole target on their back, now. They're gonna see everybody's best.

Florida, Tennessee, Miss St and Kentucky, is the "Red Zone" in UGA's season. Either they fix their "Red Zone" woes on the field, NOW, or there won't be much of a Post-Season for the Dawgs.

I think maybe Monkin and Smart are playing possum, a little bit. I don't think they were in any REAL danger of losing. I've never been big on "Style Points". They don't fit anywhere on the "scoreboard". LOL

5 and 0, Baby! Keep knocking em down Dawgs.

• SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I agree. The first half was not good on any level. But the coaches made the right adjustments, and the team performed much better in the second half.

You have to start fast, especially on the road and when you fail to do that, a lesser team starts to believe. The offense has spent too much time feeding the belief of the other team (last two weeks) with dropped passes - turnovers and blown blocking assignments. I hope Carter can come back and they really need more receivers to get healthy.

I am proud of the team. It was a diminished lineup last night. Take away Jalen Carter, Adonai Mitchell, two starters from the secondary and several other receivers are less than 100%. Mizzou smelled blood and punched this team in the mouth, but they still fought their way to a win. This team is still undefeated 5-0. Now, they just need to get better and get healthy.

• khummelkhummel Posts: 815 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • WoodstockDawgWoodstockDawg Posts: 250 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Very different offensive plan in the 1st half v. 2nd half. It looks like Monken is trying to assert the run and vertical game the last two games in the 1st half and we are not very good with either at the moment. Then he had to go to what we have been successful with in short out wide passes that losen up the defense to open the middle. We need to focus on the strength of this team and just get better at it. Get the game in hand and then work on the other parts not the other way around.

• JBMDawg46JBMDawg46 Posts: 355 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Both players and coaches seem too satisfied with a clearly poor game performance against a team that may not win 5 games all year. This is not a good sign imo.