Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Kirby Smart blunt on the Georgia offensive line after Missouri game: ‘Whipped our butt up front’

SystemSystem Posts: 10,499 admin
edited October 2022 in Article commenting
imageKirby Smart blunt on the Georgia offensive line after Missouri game: ‘Whipped our butt up front’

COLUMBIA, MO., — Cussin’ Kirby Smart was back following the Bulldogs’ 26-22 win over Missouri.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    khummelkhummel Posts: 831 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited October 2022

The much-heralded O-line has been inconsistent, at best, all year. For all that hype and depth, it's simply not translating to game time. Most concerning in this one was Sedrick Van Pran's game, since heretofore he'd been relatively steady, and he's the conductor of the O-line. Fortunately, he's a smart, tough, skilled dude who will now be better for it. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    deputydogdeputydog Posts: 132 ✭✭✭ Junior

The problem is not the offensive or defensive line although both could be better. A young team like Georgia cannot turn the ball over and give teams a short field. Pros or college turnovers will do a good team in every time. Two games straight where my bulldogs left the ball on the field. This year teams has nothing to do with last years team. I am just glad they won and still have time to grow. I will say this the QB has to be better.

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited October 2022

3 turnovers last week, 2 turnovers last night didn't help us...we lost the line of scrimmage battle most of last night and much during the game vs Kent State. We've got to get a consistent offensive lineup and stop with the constant shuffling. That might be some of the problem. The D line was gashed for several big plays and obviously missed Carter. We'll never even make it to the SEC Championship game until the line play improves. We were manhandled last night.

Connor, thanks for the honest, gut check assessment of the Dawgs' miserable play last night in your previous article. You hit the nail on the head. I saw problems brewing last week that others chose to dismiss. We've got work to do...lots of it.

• Options
    GaBoi69GaBoi69 Posts: 323 ✭✭✭ Junior

It's been two games in a row where the offensive line play was below average. The offense was sputtering all game. The defense showed how young and inexperienced they are, but played good enough to keep the team in the game. The question now is how Kirby and the staff is going to fix it. Somebody have to own it when the team plays two bad games in a row. Turnovers hurt but it is not the reason why Georgia looks and playing like they are. I think it is time to play the veterans at receiver. From what I seen on the defensive line... Brinson has played pretty good every time he is in the game. If you going to the white board and come up with the wrong answer, you have to determine why.

• Options
    SnakeScott13SnakeScott13 Posts: 92 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited October 2022

The O line has been inconsistent for years . Being that I only follow Georgia closely I can’t say if this is a problem in other programs like it is here . Even when Coach Pittman was here they struggled to get short yardage pushes consistently. You have to wonder is it the horses or the trainer ?

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Bad O-line play was a cause of the poor Red Zone offense as well. FG after FG instead of TDs...we should be getting better when we're getting worse on offense.

• Options
    JETJET Posts: 3 ✭ Freshman

I hate it ....... BUT ........ I do have to paraphrase a quote from Coach Saban at Alabama ........ It does appear, based on their last two performances that way too many Georgia offensive AND defensive players are believing in all the praising and fawning from online sources and press clippings and have " eaten the RAT POISON " ........ ONCE AGAIN this week ...... Hoping that Coach Smart will give some other WORTHY players a start in the first quarter next Saturday that have NOT yet " eaten the RAT POISON " ..

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,729 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited October 2022

Where to start? Play calling was horrendous. But with the OL getting pushed back and SBIV's inability to see/throw over the middle not sure what choice Monken had. SBIV's accuracy was flat out bad. BB's blocking? What blocking? IOL especially SVPG getting abused by DL's. May see some shake ups along the OL. Mims and Willock bring more size. Saw KMilton's fumble coming 10 yards before it happened. I miss ZWhite more each week.

KRingo eating too much rat poison. Needs to be dialed in every play. Young DB's need to mature quickly. Hats off to MStarks running down MO RB at the 1. Saved 4 pts in a 4 pt win.

What a cheap shot MO OL took on JCarter. MO's plan seemed to be to NOT play within the rules and hope the ref's don't call it. They got away with a lot.

Last 2 weeks should put an end to eating the rat poison. Also stop the narrative that this year's O and D are better than last year's O and D. Alabama's #1 ranked blue chip ratio starting to look justified and formidable.

Have to mention the 2 money catches DBlaylock had. Great to see.

• Options
    Dogs70Dogs70 Posts: 2 ✭ Freshman

So you geniuses know so much more than CKS and can read the player’s minds? I guarantee you every player was busting his ass the entire game. When did any of you start for UGA?

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,729 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited October 2022

"Exactly when did Bennett have enough time to throw a long ball? I must have missed that play." SBIV hasn't completed a long ball all season. His long ball has been off.

• Options
    DJG76DJG76 Posts: 212 ✭✭✭ Junior

After Saturday's lackluster O-Line performance, starting with the pregame BS mouth running by Carter, et al and the total "ass whoppen" we endured for three QTR's, I'd say and hope that SS is on a very HOT SEAT as far as his future is concerned. We will definitely know against Auburn if changes aren't made and improvement isn't seen. With the talent we have there is no excuse.