Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Georgia football drops behind Alabama in Week 6 AP Poll Top 25 rankings

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited October 2022 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia football drops behind Alabama in Week 6 AP Poll Top 25 rankings

When you play like Georgia did on Saturday, it shouldn’t come as a surprise that you lose your No. 1 ranking in the AP Poll. That’s what happened on Sunday, as Georgia fell to No. 2 in the Week 6 AP Poll Top 25 rankings.

Read the full story here

Comments

• UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,131 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

AP must have called to ask what the Coaches did. I am perplexed. I had UGA 4th at best. Pretty hard on my Dawgs for another less than stellar outing. Seems like I have been saying this for two to three games. UGA '22 is not UGA '21. Much younger team that seems to often lack focus and sharpness. Kirby thrills at these wins....guess he is trying to keep morale up. Always says keep getting better. If they had played the first three quarters as they did the 4th..the score would not be a 4pt sneak by win. Honestly...I have no idea how they will do against Auburn. UGA is pretty banged-up as well. i am now sweating every game. Just my opinion.

• jamboogiejamboogie Posts: 186 ✭✭✭ Junior

I think we are fortunate to be at nr 2 slot. Although it is just media hype at this stage, perhaps the move will incentivize the guys to play just a touch better

• brvhrtbrvhrt Posts: 320 ✭✭✭ Junior

I’m glad the Dawgs have dropped out of 1st. I also hope that any Heisman talk has been set aside. These guys do so much better without all the noise.

• navydawgnavydawg Posts: 2,973 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Love our Dawgs. But to be honest I thought they’d drop farther down than that. Now let’s hope they can get things together . Go Dawgs !!

• My_Dawg_RyanMy_Dawg_Ryan Posts: 379 ✭✭✭ Junior

I guess Kirby was wrong and we have become the “hunted”, this team the past 2 weeks looks like they are just trying not to lose the game instead of going out there and being aggressive

• KBPKBP Posts: 377 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Y'all, this ranking doesn't matter. The fact that we have more talent and didn't put the game away until late in the 4th quarter is no reason to act like the sky is falling. Give Mizzou some credit and this win, not Oregon nor South Carolina, is by far the best win of the season. We had to FIGHT all day for this one against our own miscues and against Mizzou. This is a great win!! We need to improve but we won.

• David1David1 Posts: 698 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

This win seems like a loss to most people. I’d rather win **** than lose pretty any day. This is similar to bama barely beating Texas and dropping to number 2 so I’m wondering why people think we’d fall any further.

• David1David1 Posts: 698 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I don’t know why u g l y is taken out.

• deputydogdeputydog Posts: 132 ✭✭✭ Junior

A win is a win. Georgia can play better and some leaders on this team need to step up. You cannot keep giving the ball away and expect to win. The QB has to play better. There really isn't much else to say. The ranking don't mean much right now. We just have to be in the top 4 at the end of the process.

• Dogman912Dogman912 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Michigan.....here we go again 😆

• KudzuKudzu Posts: 353 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Weird, right? Especially when it’s used by all the DN writers!

• kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yes, you guys should know by now that you aren't going to drop 3 spots if you win your game.

I admit that I didn't watch it, but stats wise Bama didn't exactly dominate the #20 team in the nation. Arkansas had far more 1st downs and got 377 yards on them. Bama made 10 penalties and went 11-22 passing,

• HenddawgHenddawg Posts: 716 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Certainly understand how UGA could fall to #2 after the past 2 performances, but those same standards need to be applied to all of their top 5; I’ll use Michigan as exhibit A. 2 main points:

1). Agree on why they remove u g l y. It isn’t like it is a bad word or statement.

2). Not sure I follow how UT is ahead of Ole miss. Ole Miss has a very solid offense and a stout defense and have beaten a much better team than UT, who’s signature win just got run by GT who fired their coach. Add in the weakness of that UT defense, and it just seems that Ole Miss is a better pick. I guess it will all play out as the season plays out.

• JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,735 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I agree with you. An ügly win is a win.

That said, our team played barely well enough in 25% of the game to win, and barely well enough the other three quarters to have a shot at a comeback victory.

I'll take a bad win any day.

To me, the score doesn't much matter when we win, but playing to the standard set by Kirby and endorsed by all the players matters big time. In the trenches Missouri dominated most of the game. Missouri accrued more man hours in our backfield than Stetson. Their O-Line looked much better than ours for most of the game.

Are you of the opinion Missouri is a much better team than Oregon? If not, how to you account for how good we looked against the Ducks, how ready to play, how sharp, how well we executed, our energy vs how we looked against the Tigers?

It wasn't a great game for us, but it was a win. All wins are great.

Go, Dawgs!

• DawggieDawggie Posts: 66 ✭✭✭ Junior
  • reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Kirby keeps saying it’s hard to win on the road in the SEC.watched what I thought would be a competitive game in Arkansas. If Bryce young doesn’t get hurt it was going to be a blowout BAMAS way. Like in terms of 48-0 or 48-7ish. Bama looks like they’re moving forward and we’re moving backwards. Glad we’re not playing them any time soon.

• ColoradoSkiDawgColoradoSkiDawg Posts: 35 ✭✭ Sophomore

Yup. Overrated as usual. I was in Michigan in August and would see guys strutting around in their Michigan gear. I'd point to the G on my UGA hat, and they'd immediately look away and avoid eye contact. LOL😁

• DJG76DJG76 Posts: 212 ✭✭✭ Junior

The Vegas line is BS, formulated by unscrupulous dishonest people intent on taking the money of ignorant bettors. The fact of the matter was that Mizzo would have beaten every team in the coaches poll top 25 save 1-3 on Saturday night playing like they played UGA. Every team in the SEC.....even Vandy, has the potential to beat any other team in the SEC given the right circumstances.....home field, time of game, lack of focus of one team, poor game plan, lack of execution of a game plan.....I contend our O-Line failed to have the right focus and attitude......just because you think you're big and bad and you have a somewhat good reputation made up by highly skilled players, the fact remains that if you don't use your talents in a team effort (attitude & focus) you run the real risk of getting your --- beat, just like our O-Line did for 3 QTR's in COMO.

• WestAshleyDawgWestAshleyDawg Posts: 19 ✭✭ Sophomore

#2 is a better spot to be in anyway.