Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Jalen Carter unlikely to play against Auburn following MCL injury

SystemSystem Posts: 11,105 admin
edited October 2022 in Article commenting
imageJalen Carter unlikely to play against Auburn following MCL injury

Kirby Smart shared with the media the latest on star defensive tackle Jalen Carter, who left Saturday’s game against Missouri with a knee injury.

Read the full story here

Comments

• BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

My vote (eventhough it doesn’t count) is to rest Carter for the next 2 games. Add in the break before the Florida game and he will have a month to recover from the knee injury as well as the ankle issue. BTW……I bought my medical degree on Amazon. All kidding aside, for his sake and the team’s I’d love to see him 100% for the swamp lizards 🦎 and the brutal finish we have on our schedule. If we play up to our abilities as a team we should be able to beat Auburn and Vandy with Carter’s backups. Go Dawgs!!!

• navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,222 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I fully agree. Though Carter is an integral very important part of the Defense there’s no need to risk further injury to him. Our Dawgs ( if they come to play) Should be able to handle Auburn and Vandy without him. And if I were Kirby I wouldn’t even push him to hard in practice and try to get him back as close to 100% as possible. Dawgs will need him more for the mud lizards and beyond. As your medical colleague I fully concur with your findings. I stayed at a Holiday Inn many years ago !! 😀. Go Dawgs !!

• MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Rest as many injured players as you can until Florida. We've had (2) "wakeup" games, so now we definitely know our strengths and weaknesses. We SHOULD be able to handle Auburn and Vandy before the Bye week with those starters out.

• Ddavis0777Ddavis0777 Posts: 412 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

There needs to be a suspension for blocks like that. I’d say the following criteria would require disqualification equivalent to that of a helmet to helmet:

1. blocker grabs with hands or wraps arms around lower leg/foot/ankle while simultaneously engaging at the knee cap or below with helmet/shoulder or any other body part.
    2. blocker does so while the player being blocked is already being engaged above the waist by another teammate

You can tell by the way he grabbed Carters leg that his intentions were to violate the rules of the game - if not to intentionally injure him. We need to play clean; but absolutely bring the wood with intensity when these clowns are in town next year.

• Oldddawg76Oldddawg76 Posts: 393 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Yeah, totally clean chop (cut?) block.

• DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

First of all, @MikeGriffith , can y'all please proofread and/or copy edit your stories before they go out. I know you likely use a transcription service to get your press conference quotes, but Jeez, some of these sentences make absolutely no sense. Also, funny how reading different outlets you get more or better important info. For example, we know from this story that Bullard did not travel to Mizzou, but this story did not tell us that Kirby said he expects him to play THIS Saturday, apparently indicating that his suspension was only for one game. Also, while this story does tell us that Kirby asked the officials about the controversial block on Jalen Carter, it does not tell us that Kirby said the official told him that he was "comfortable" not calling a penalty against the Missouri player. And, this story rightly notes that Arik Gilbert did travel to Missouri with the team, however, it does not provide the important detail that he did not dress out for the game. The list goes on. As a writer, you can't assume readers just know things or that they're reading other posts to get information. You have to give them all the information you have in case yours is the only story they do get a chance to read. Go Dawgs!

• MikeGriffithMikeGriffith Posts: 3,691 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@DallasDawg I suggest you contact the author directly --- and what. you do not know is that story was filed in the midst of the press conference BEFORE Kirby went into greater detail.

DawgNation works hard to give you news quickly and free of charge, and there are times where we do not have the luxury of long proof-reads and long self-edits. In this case, Connor moved on to writing two other stories on when the Vandy game would be and what Kirby said about Arik Gilbert.

I do appreciate feedback, and I know he does, too. Rest assured everyone is doing their best to give you, the audience, the news as quickly and accurately as possible.

Stories don't always have all the info -- because there are several other stories that have been done with much background already out there.

• UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

This is bad. Carter should not have been messing with the Mizzou players pre-game for one. Trouble always ensues. I figured Mizzou would retaliate somehow and they did....now look where we are...and where he is. He needs to rest two weeks. Team...team...not self.

• KudzuKudzu Posts: 382 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

"As your medical colleague"... I literally LOLed on a flight full of people reading this 🤣🤣🤣