Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Arik Gilbert Georgia practice update, Auburn coach Bryan Harsin sees ‘evolution’ of Brock Bowers

SystemSystem Posts: 10,410 admin
edited October 2022 in Article commenting
imageArik Gilbert Georgia practice update, Auburn coach Bryan Harsin sees ‘evolution’ of Brock Bowers

ATHENS — Georgia tight end Arik Gilbert is practicing with the Bulldogs this week, but he’s not expected to be heavily involved in the game plan.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If anyone was paying attention, UGA DID try to hit Bowers on a deep pass in the Missouri game. Bowers appeared to have a step or two on his defender, but Warren McClendon got beat badly by the DE who crashed into Bennett's arm just as he released the pass, causing it to fall woefully short of its target. So, they have the idea although I don't think Bowers is a long-term solution as our deep threat. Not if the other wide receivers don't come along to draw attention away from him. As for Oscar Delp, something tells me he's not as ready as we may have once thought. I could be wrong, but I don't think he played a single snap at Missouri, which was somewhat surprising. And quiet as it's been kept, it was Jackson Meeks -- NOT Ladd McConkey -- who was in the game at wide receiver during Georgia's last drive when it had to play keep away from Mizzou's offense. I took that as a sign that McConkey's foot really was bothering him (which I DO NOT BELIEVE for a minute is the reason he's been messing up lately) or that the coaches believe Meeks is a much better run blocker and may have more faith in him at the moment. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 2,995 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Amen !! Agree completely !! Our Dawgs need to be hungrier than they are !! And return to being the Hunters instead of the hunted !! I don’t know why but I had a bad feeling in my very ample gut about that Mizzou game !! And I assure you and my fellow Dawgs fans I’m not taking Auburn lightly. But and I can’t explain it at all, I’ve got a Good feeling in my ample gut about This game !! I think our Dawgs are gonna come in Angry and Anxious to prove themselves. STILL I think the early going will be rather nerve wracking for Dawgs fans as Auburn IS hungry and looking to upset our Dawgs. But I think that some where about mid 2nd Qtr. our Dawgs are gonna settle in and open a serious can of whip butt on Auburn !! We as Dawgs fans need to Thank the Auburn Center for running his mouth about demolishing our Defensive Front !! He gave them Big Bulletin Board material by making an open challenge and really insult like that !! Yes Carter is extremely important and him being out hurts, but our guys are gonna want to show that They can play to !! All the Auburn Center did was energize them with comments like that !! Go Dawgs !! Your right about them doubling Bowers, but he’ll manage to get loose a few times, and usually he makes teams pay when he does !!

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Meeks IS a much better run blocker. He's 6'2" 205 to Ladd's 6' 185 (maybe). And if you are running out the clock running the ball do you want a marginally injured, smaller player even in there? No you want the completely healthy , better blocking, bigger player in there.

• Options
    BigFanBigFan Posts: 145 ✭✭✭ Junior

When was AD's ankle injury classified as a high ankle sprain?

• Options
    PetesdawgsPetesdawgs Posts: 395 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I was an offensive guard and why did it take us till halftime to widen our gaps to open up the run lanes? Most of our top receivers are hurt or injured and the defense is extremely young, but gaining confidence. If Bennett struggles again Kirby should put in Beck to see what he can do in creating more plus 15 yard plays.

• Options
    WCHWCH Posts: 476 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

If Stetson isn't doing the job, take him out!!!