Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

National media begins to question Georgia football as it preps for Auburn

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited October 2022 in Article commenting
imageNational media begins to question Georgia football as it preps for Auburn

The Georgia Bulldogs are coming off two less-than-impressive performances, beating Kent State and Missouri.

Read the full story here

Comments

• JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,739 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Plenty of uncertainty! The picture will become clearer on Saturday.

Go, Dawgs!

• UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

No way is this game a 30-pt spread. I believe Jalen Carter will leave a big hole on defense. He has to. Playing him even though he had ankle problems previously tells me something. Now he is out...period. OL has not changed...maybe more motivated but same personnel. MUST avoid turnovers. Catch the ball...receivers! Use your feet Bennett. Set before you pass into traffic. Accuracy. Little things that win and lose games. OL...be aggressive...physical. DBs rush the passer. Pressure. You did finally in the Missouri game. Will Auburn be as generous? Auburn is NOT a cupcake as the spread would lead one to believe. OL should be able to blow through the Auburn defense..will they? See you Saturday.......

• jdatl3jdatl3 Posts: 385 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Auburn should have beat the team we nearly lost to. 30 pts is crazy

• BornADawgBornADawg Posts: 621 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Auburn did win that game, 17-14. Missouri did everything they could to lose, and did. Missed chip shot field goal to win in regulation then a boneheaded play by the running back to allow Auburn to win it in overtime. Go Dawgs!

• LoranwhaddayagotLoranwhaddayagot Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Someone else mentioned that Mizzou played their best game, and UGA played their worst and still won.

Mizzou's defense was better than people gave them credit for. If UGA has played 2 bad games, maybe Mizzou did the same thing against Kansas State and Rburn.

I'm hoping that Mizzou really makes Tennessee's 5 point at home win over FU look really, really bad. Tennessee's victory over Pitt is already suspect based on what Georgia Tech did.

I know there's no transitive property in football, but it's fun to compare...

• DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

But Georgia DID fumble (twice) and it DID allow a second straight successful fake punt. Every game is filled with "ifs." We can't just overlook them, nor should we automatically assume that they won't happen again. Or that the O-Line will suddenly blow people off the ball; that our wide receivers will get separation AND actually catch the ball, too; that our DB's won't get beat on deep passes or even that our wonderful place kicker will always be perfect. Most of us thought the Kent State game was our clunker -- until Missouri. So, we hope those things won't happen again and I'm sure the team is practicing for them NOT to happen again. But there are no guarantees. I agree with others that a 30-point spread is a stretch, but the hope is that the Dawgs still win convincingly. We'll know in about 48 hours. Go Dawgs!

• navydawgnavydawg Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I just hope to see players in particular on the O play with more enthusiasm. More intensity. And the Defense step up in particular on the Def line. By that last I mean I want Big Bear, Walthour, and Logue to show Auburn that They To came to play even with Carter out. Oh Yes I fully realize Carter is an integral part of the Def Line. I get that. But here’s a golden opportunity for guys like Big Bear to show their stuff. I’d love to see them make the Auburn Center eat it !! Yes our Dawgs have injuries but there’s not a rival team out there that’s gonna care about that. You have to play and Win with the guys you have. If our Dawgs can get the W’s on Auburn and Vandy maybe they can get some guys back, fix some of the things that are wrong and press on. Go Dawgs !!

• chilidawg1chilidawg1 Posts: 156 ✭✭✭ Junior

How could they not have questions!

• MobileDawgMobileDawg Posts: 322 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Lot of areas to clean up. I believe we come out hot tomorrow. QB and OL play are critical areas IMO. If the OL doesn't show up again we have problems. If Bennett struggles and most QB"s would with the way the OL has played I would like to see Beck, he's looked good when he's played....

• navydawgnavydawg Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Very, Very good comments on your part !! Yes and Yes they Do seem to have lost focus. Not All of our players, but To Many. And as much as I hate to say this it Could Be ( I’m just speculating I honestly don’t know why from a factual basis) that Some have ingested Rat Poison !! Like we don’t have to play as hard to beat this team as They are inferior to us and We’re ( at that time) the #1 team in the land. We can beat these guys with only 80% effort instead of the usual 100% or 110% to play at an Elite level. As a Dawgs fan I want to see Much More Focus, Poise, but I also want to see much more Intensity. I call intensity a slang term of “fire in the belly”. AND I would love to see All three of these things on a much more Consistent level. EVERY play not every third or fourth or fifth play. And in my humble opinion One of the things much needed is Player Leadership. Veteran players who are Not Only veteran players but are being very Successful players holding teammates Accountable. That is Why I had and have no problem with JDJ chewing on Lassiter on the side line ( Not on the field) to get his attention. Yes Mizzou had just scored a TD, but very shortly After that chewing the Defense did seem to stiffen up considerably, while unfortunately the Offense remained stagnant until very late in the game. Coaches want Player Leaders that have All of those attributes. The Player Leader absolutely Must be able to back His talk with His level of play. Other wise the teammate he’s chewing on won’t take him seriously and even worse will only lead to a Negative type of anger. But if the guy being chewed on Knows that Hey not only has this guy been here longer than me, he’s playing great football, maybe I better listen to him and Act on his advice. Lastly I think our Dawgs fully understand that their performance has been subpar and HAS to be fixed and greatly elevated to be Elite. Hopefully we will see a Determined Dawgs team show up this Sat. Sorry so lengthy. Go Dawgs !!

• SOARDAWGSOARDAWG Posts: 15 ✭ Freshman

Well, to be perfectly honest, who gives a crap what the National media Nostradumbasses "question", much less thinks, CKS doesn't, and I certainly don't! That being said, do the Dawgs have issues needing work, well duh, but name one team that doesn't. Bammers, Ohio State, Michigan, etcetera, etcetera all have had less-than-stellar games, in fact, the inbred gumps just had another exposure from TAMU.

So when the national media Nostradumbasses "question" equally and fairly, maybe, just maybe I'll actually give a crap what they think, much less question. Right now, even with all of the issues the Dawgs need to work on, they're just as good, if not better than any of the top 10 teams. This being said, I believe the Dawgs have a pretty good shot at another National Championship. Because I'm absolutely positive not one of those "questioning" Nostradumbasses coach or play for the Dawgs.

GO DAWGS!!!