Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Undefined discussion subject.

SystemSystem Posts: 10,461 admin
edited October 2022 in Article commenting
Undefined discussion subject.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    westlcwestlc Posts: 11 ✭ Freshman

What's with the consultation with Jeremy Pruitt this year? He burned bridges with UGA on his departure and was an embarrassment to the SEC with his tenure at Tennessee. I will not read articles referencing him as a consultant for your columns in the future.

• Options
    MobileDawgMobileDawg Posts: 322 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I've had the same thoughts at times about why Pruitt is referenced so much, however his burning of bridges so to speak shed light on some of the major issues/problems we had at UGA IMO. There was no "Championship Culture" at UGA until CKS came to town, no disrespect intended to those before him. We now see the potential of this Georgia program and I believe it still hasn't been fully reached. I'm loving it....

• Options
    GaBoi69GaBoi69 Posts: 323 ✭✭✭ Junior

Pruitt did shed some light on the program. I don't consider that burning bridges when you tell the truth. Georgia was falling behind in the facilities race, to include assistance pay. Coach Richt had leadership that didn't provide him the support Kirby has, but still ran a successful program. I am glad Pruitt had the courage to speak out because Georgia is definitely benefitting from it. Coach Smart is bearing the fruits and doing something with it, which makes it all worth it. If the university leadership continue to provide Coach Smart that support, he will have a statue at the stadium. Then we can reflect on what some call the Pruitt tantrum that brought changes and what will be one of the best coach in college football to the lead the charge for a excellent program in Kirby Smart.

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited October 2022

Glad to be getting back to “Georgia football”, eh Stets? Exactly what does that mean? Can it be Georgia football for our QB to hit some deep passes when the receivers are running free behind the secondary? Wouldn’t that loosen up the defense for the run game? Is pounding the football on the ground really all there is to “Georgia football”? Isn’t yards before contact just as. if not more, important than yards after contact? Looking at you O-line!

I thought the Oregon game was an introduction to the new Georgia football! Kirby said, “Who wouldn’t want to play in this offense.” Now, because Stets is missing open receivers and is making it virtually impossible for his receivers to get yards-after-catch due to lack of precision on short and intermediate passes, he’s glad to be getting back to “Georgia football” whatever that means?

The defense had better “hunker down one more time” because once we play a good team, the season will once again be on their shoulders if our QB is wanting to get back to the old “Georgia football”.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,617 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

We have to get better in the passing game. THe running game has progressed and the passsing game has regressed. We can get by running on 1st and 2nd down against the weaker teams. But the better teams aren't going to allow us to run for 200 yards. If they do I'll be the 1st to say I was wrong. We have to be multi-dimensional and our best offensive performances as against Oregon, we were unpredictable, passsing at will, think the Michigan game.

When you can't pass well that leaves you with just the run. You aren't going to beat high scoring offenses(like Tennessee) with just the run. We were dismal looking against bad teams in Missou and Auburn through the 1st half.

IMO we came out flat in the last 2 games trying to play bully ball 1st and only throwing on 3rd down in the 1st quarters. It was a failure. The Auburn game could of - should of- been over by half-time and the reserves playing the 2nd half, but our weak offense allowed them to hang around til later.