Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Potential return of Adonai Mitchell could help answer ‘biggest question’ for Georgia football

SystemSystem Posts: 10,534 admin
edited October 2022 in Article commenting
imagePotential return of Adonai Mitchell could help answer ‘biggest question’ for Georgia football

To this point in the season, Georgia has done almost everything well. It ranks in the top-10 in both scoring offense and scoring defense. Ditto for total offense and total defense.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    PanicscPanicsc Posts: 6 ✭ Freshman

So this is basically saying “we know AD Mitchell can create separation. So if Bennett can’t hit him deep it’s a QB problem not a Receiver problem”? I think that question has been answered a few games ago.

• Options
    Ddavis0777Ddavis0777 Posts: 408 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
  • Options
    Ddavis0777Ddavis0777 Posts: 408 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I think we all know we aren’t seeing AD for a few more weeks.

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited October 2022

High ankle sprains are nasty and tend to linger.

Tennessee's best wide receiver, Cedric Tillman, had surgery for a high ankle sprain back in mid-September when he went out with the injury. I think they put in a temporary pin to help the ankle heal faster. He is due back this weekend against Kentucky. Jalin Hyatt stepped up for the Vols to become a dominant force at wide receiver while Tillman has been out. If both these guys get on the field at full strength (?), the Dawg's secondary is going to have its hands full.

Two different approaches to the issue. I doubt we see Mitchell before mid-November - and if we see him sooner, then I seriously doubt he will be at full strength. I think the Vols may have handled the injury better. Only time will tell.

• Options
    JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Reading comprehension problems?

OTOH, the article didn't say much if anything beyond the obvious and the known. We all want AD Mitchell back. We all know we miss him. We all know he might be okay to play again sometime. The headline got our hopes up but the article dampened those hopes.

Go, Dawgs!

• Options
    PanicscPanicsc Posts: 6 ✭ Freshman

Early in the article it describes where Georgia needs improvement… Then points out the stats for throws over 20 yards.. describes AD Mitchell’s talent and ability to create separation. SO FROM THAT YOU CAN GATHER THAT THE ABSENCE OF AD MITCHELL IS HINDERING OUR DEEP PASSING GAME… However on the other hand many believe the other receivers/TE get separation but have not been thrown an accurate enough ball. Say **** you want, believe what you want, everyone is entitled to their opinion. That’s what I gathered from reading the headline and article. I’m sorry that hurt your little Bennett feelings. I’d say the same thing about Beck, Murray, Fromm, or even Stafford. You start for any college team fans are going to criticize. That’s football period.

• Options
    edited October 2022

The Vols have almost the worst passing defense in the country. I mean they are pitiful. They are ranked #130 (out of 131 teams), allowing 329.7 yards per game passing. The Dawgs are ranked #5, allowing only 163.7 yards passing per game.

I know stats are for losers, but we ought to take some confidence going into the game against Tennessee that Bennett or Beck should be able to light up the Vols downfield (with or without Mitchell as we have WRs Blaylock, McConkey, and Jackson plus a few others). However, we all know that the Vols will bring lots of blitz packages and pressure to try and erase our advantage. Bennett/Beck need to be accurate with their throws, because all the Vols need is turnovers to give them more than a chance to win. We don't need to be making mistakes like that.

I'm not worried about the Gators. If we contain Richardson then we can keep him from making big runs. His arm doesn't bother me. Shut down the running game and we should be in good shape.

• Options
    DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@MontanaDawg I worry about EVERY team. We almost lost to Missouri, and we gave up 22 points to Kent State. There are no gimme's in the SEC. We need to be ready to play Florida THIS WEEK, and worry about Tennessee next week. And as far as the treatment for the high ankle sprain, we did do surgery on Arian Smith for his, (but) they decided surgery wasn't necessary for Mitchell. Who knows? They might have operated on Mitchell, too, but still no guarantee that would have gotten him back any sooner. All I know is I wish we could hire some of those Crimson Tide doctors over here. I think they could have guys back playing at full strength a week after a gunshot wound.

• Options
    DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    edited October 2022

@DallasDawg...I hear what you are saying. I did preface my comments about Mitchell and surgery with some uncertainty, because we don't know how his potential outcome or Tillman's will turn out at this point. And I didn't know they discussed surgery for AD.

Yes, I haven't figured out these Dawgs yet....still searching for their identity. You've always got to take it one game at a time, and I think Kirby has the boys focused on Florida right now. BUT, I can look ahead to the Vols, because they appear to be our toughest competition going forward in the regular season.