Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Georgia football safety Dan Jackson likely out for 2022 season due to foot injury

SystemSystem Posts: 11,043 admin
edited October 2022 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia football safety Dan Jackson likely out for 2022 season due to foot injury

Georgia will be without one of its key defenders for the remainder of the 2022 season, as junior safety Dan Jackson will need surgery to fix a stress fracture in his foot. Jake Rowe of DawgsHQ was the first to report the news.

Read the full story here

Comments

• JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Not good news for our season, but it's always next man up.

I believe the injury can be fully fixed. It will be likely Dan will fully recover and play again should he want to. Still it sücks for him.

Go, Dawgs!

• UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,204 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Man, that is a shame...what timing. T. Smith and Bullard are familiar with that role. UGA should be okay but this is a critical loss at a critical time. Smart liked Jackson for his leadership.

• DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It ain't good news, but not necessarily devastating. Hopefully, someone else can rise up and fill the void (notice I didn't say, "next man up"). I'm wondering if this isn't the same type of injury that Tate Ratledge had. And, I assume, Jackson sustained this injury in practice. Jeez. Really hoping the injury needle moves in the other direction -- like getting back Jalen Carter and Smael Mondon and Kendall Milton and anyone else who's been a walking wounded of late. Go Dawgs!

• Ddavis0777Ddavis0777 Posts: 410 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Kirby said in a press conference we are “hopeful to get him back this week” tho 😉

• navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I sure hate this for Dan. He plays really hard and his motor is always wide open. A leader on and off the field. Wish him a full and speedy recovery. Now this offers another man or men an opportunity to show their stuff !! Get in there and make your family and team proud of you !! Go Dawgs !!

• UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited October 2022

really? It is amazing how NOT objective fans can be. Do you really believe what you just said? Here's what I saw. A hustling Jackson getting absolutely blown up by a frustrated Agije Hall at the goal line when Hall realized Ringo was not going to be stopped. I thought it was at the time it was an overzealous cheap shot by Hall . Indicative of what was to come for Hall at AL. Hall did not make the tackle but he was standing over Jackson on the ground after the "block" (screen).

Jackson's experience and depth will be missed. DDS.s play does not reflect a S with multiple years in the system. Often seems late or out of position. Instincts?