Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Georgia remains No. 1 on this ballot, but red-hot Tennessee could take top spot in CFP rankings

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited October 2022 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia remains No. 1 on this ballot, but red-hot Tennessee could take top spot in CFP rankings

JACKSONVILLE — Georgia coach Kirby Smart chuckled when asked to assess the Bulldogs’ 42-20 win over Florida.

Read the full story here

Comments

• BrooksieBrooksie Posts: 447 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

As a dawg fan I’m not a homer. It’s very possible that Tuesday night UGA could be #3. But that’s OK. This weeks game will decide who the best team in the land is in 2022. GO DAWGS!!

• MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

TCU is an interesting case. I don't think they remain unbeaten if they play an elite team outside their conference. They gave up 430 yards yesterday to a 3-4 Mountaineers team. So, we've got another instance of an unbeaten Big 12 team with a weak defense.

LSU has improved and will face their litmus test against Bama this weekend. Ole Miss won't be in the SEC Championship. They will lose at least one more game.

I put the Vols #1, OSU #2, GA #3, MI #4.

• UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,131 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Next Saturday is the day #1 will be decided...do not care at all about this week's ranking...except to say that slotting TN #1will give them even more impetus as game day approaches. I believe TN is playing over its head...on sheer momentum. They are good...no doubt....but beatable. The Dawgs will pop the bubble.

• My_Dawg_RyanMy_Dawg_Ryan Posts: 379 ✭✭✭ Junior

Everyone knows Mike really wanted to put Tennessee #1, but he probably tired of people saying he is a huge Tennessee fan…but deep down he wanted too, which would have been the right thing to do

• JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,735 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Sorry but not everyone knows that. How could anyone know such a thing?

I'm not always the world's biggest Mike fan. He sometimes ought to proofread his posts before pushing the button. (Shouldn't we all.) However, he is very upfront about what he thinks and how he sees it. He may be tired of people saying he's not a Dawg fan, but our opinions of his opinions and perhaps his biases don't seem to have colored his reporting.

That said, it makes almost zero difference how anyone's ranked this week. How we play on Saturday will be the deciding factor. We are injured, young, talented, and deep, but can we be disciplined and consistent?

We learned last season that Stetson, at his best, was better than the other team's Heisman quarterback. Can that Stetson resurface on Saturday? Can we be more physical than Tennessee? Can our tight ends and running backs make Tennessee decide they'd be better off back in Knoxville? Can we control the clock? Can we communicate? Can we stop it with the sloppy play? Can we play football for four quarters?

Tennessee is beatable, but they are also very good, and they're red hot. Big Mo has a funny way of turning on you though if you lose it. It's our job not just to get the momentum but to keep it.

Go, Dawgs!

• ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited October 2022

“…best Kentucky football teams in history…”? Really?

Before we go all Griff on making Tennessee some kind of behemoth because they beat KY and eked out a win over Bama, let’s remember that this best ever Kentucky team scored only 14 in a home loss to SOUTH CAROLINA.

The pumpkins needed every one of the 17 accepted penalties, a bone headed muffed punt, and the ugliest game winning field goal in the history of ug!y game winning field goals in order to act like complete idiots after scraping by Bama. I doubt the Dawgs are going to be so accommodating.

Let Griff and hillbilly nation have their moment in the sun. It’s going to be lights out for them next Saturday!

• NCMtnDawgNCMtnDawg Posts: 35 ✭✭✭ Junior

Please log on to Tennessee blogs and gush all over their attributes as coach Dooley would have done. "I think you guys are just too good for us to beat", "We don't stand a chance", etc. Make sure they get plenty of that "Rat Poison" prior to Saturday.

• UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,131 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Coaches poll just came out...UGA still #1, OSU 2 and TN 3. Means little until next Saturday.