Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia football injury report: Nolan Smith ‘doubtful’ for Tennessee game with pec injury

SystemSystem Posts: 10,410 admin
edited October 2022 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia football injury report: Nolan Smith ‘doubtful’ for Tennessee game with pec injury

Georgia coach Kirby Smart had a lengthy injury report when addressing reporters on Monday.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,141 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

UGA needs the aggressive leadership style of Nolan Smith...this is not good. I know, next man up. I hate to see our top players out for this next game. AD Mitchell....who was hurt far more than was initially let on..."may" be good for TN? That would be the best news. Amarius Mims...tentative. This kid is a giant on the line. McClendon...also a shoulder injury. Truss...toe. I think he will return. UGA pretty banged up. Too many tough SEC games back to back...are taking their toll. Fourteen currently on the injured list.....and TN looms. But UGA is resilient and will bring it to the Vols...count on it.

• Options
    flemingislanddawgflemingislanddawg Posts: 583 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I told my sons when AD first went out we would see him next year. My son said that Kirby said he could have gone back in if needed. I said Kirby's back in if needed means if the entire wide receiver group gets hit by lightening. The he could've gone back in is the kiss of death.

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited October 2022

That is 4 of UGA's top 7 OL with more than minor issues. Maybe AD should just have the surgery now and be back for the SECCG? Also no Darris Smith on the injury report. DSmith is an important ST player and D sub. I suspect he was concussed and is out. Rian Davis? Saw a lot of him vs FU. Now he is "questionable"?

Not the week for CKS's infamous full contact practices.

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited October 2022

AD has been out forever. Even if he comes back now he will be limited - definitely not at 100%. Why no surgery weeks ago? Tennessee's top WR, Cedric Tillman, had surgery mid-Sept and came back this weekend against KY. He only caught (2) passes, and is probably just working his way back into full strength. Of course, when you have Jalin Hyatt catching anything and everything then even what-used-to-be Tennessee's best receiver, Tillman, takes a back seat to Hyatt now.

Blaylock had one catch Saturday and then sat out. What is going on with him? We've still got Jackson, Bell, McConkey, and Rosemy....plus all the TEs. Of course, if Stet can't accurately throw downfield then it doesn't matter which WR might be out. We can't afford ANY interceptions Saturday. I'd rather use dink and donk passes than have Stet feel like he has to force the ball and make a bad decision. We also haven't used our RBs as receivers near as much since the Oregon game. That was effective and has essentially been non-existent save for one or two per game...maybe. We need more Stet running plays and might be a good idea to milk the clock and use more RBU. Gotta keep TN off the field as much as possible.

We need a vocal leader on defense to stand in for Nolan. Who's gonna step up that can actually fill the job???

• Options
    DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited October 2022

In trying to be as positive as possible here, remember that last week at this time, Kirby said he didn't feel "great" about either Jalen Carter or AD Mitchell playing against Florida. He was right about Mitchell, but Carter played substantial minutes and did pretty well. Maybe the same thing will happen with Nolan Smith, especially if it is just a pectoral strain. It's possible he could play with that, maybe not 100 percent, but he could maybe help push the pocket some. We shall see. I've really given up on Mitchell at this point, though. If we've come this far without him, suffice it to say he can't be considered essential. I, too, am concerned about Blaylock. He fell head over heels on that play where the ball was intercepted and appeared somewhat dazed when he got up. I wonder if he was/is injured. You would hope that Arian Smith would be able to step up, but alas, he has not. And Rian Davis got hurt on Florida's very last drive -- after the failed 4th down pass to Washington which, if we had converted, would have allowed us to go into victory formation and prevent additional injuries. Whoever plays, we need them to catch everything this week. No drops (and some decent runs after catches would also be appreciated). Go Dawgs!