Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia football podcast: SEC Network analyst rips UGA offense ahead of Tennessee showdown

SystemSystem Posts: 7,421 admin
edited November 2022 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia football podcast: SEC Network analyst rips UGA offense ahead of Tennessee showdown

Georgia football is the No. 1 topic every day on DawgNation Daily — the daily podcast for fans of the national champion Georgia Bulldogs. Catch up on everything happening with UGA athletics with host Brandon Adams and the DawgNation experts as they break down the latest Georgia football recruiting news and discuss coach Kirby Smart’s quest to keep the Bulldogs on top of the college football world. On episode No. 1,814 (Nov. 3, 2022) of the podcast, Georgia fans can hear a discussion about what SEC Network analyst Jordan Rodgers said about what he perceives as a lack of playmakers with on UGA’s offense.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    cbp1947cbp1947 Posts: 51 ✭✭✭ Junior

Rodgers is a tool. He’s wrong a lot more than he’s right.

• Options
    JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,741 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Rogers was a superstar quarterback where?

I kinda like him compared to some of the talking heads. At least he's played football. However, his batting average as an analyst is about the same as Desmond Howard's.

Yawn.

Go, Dawgs!

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,141 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Rodgers did have some football experience with Vanderbilt at QB...then was let go from 3 NFL teams and the BC Lions within a two -year period. Next became a tv celebrity before signing with ESPN in 2016 as a college football analyst for the SEC Network...where he is now. He does talk a lot. I also agree with Jim Wallace....he has a less than stellar batting average as an analyst. Again, UGA will not improve his batting average....with this derogatory analysis .about a team he obviously knows little about and seems to dislike.

• Options
    HunkerDawgHunkerDawg Posts: 76 ✭✭✭ Junior

He didn't rip the offense. He said Stetson is one of the best QBs in the country this year. And with AD Mitchell out, who would argue that Georgia has a lot of talent at WR? It is a relative weakness.

• Options
    Eric_CEric_C Posts: 78 ✭✭✭ Junior

I can count on one hand how many times I've come down on an "analyst"...but this is just a dumb *** assessment by someone who needs to be more informed before going in public. He needs to at least acknowledge the injuries, yes, and he has no appreciation obviously of what UGA has done on offense...they are near the top of every offensive category in FBS.

• Options
    KudzuKudzu Posts: 354 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Thanks, HunkerDawg! Like many, I fell a bit for the click bait title of the DN article and then, thanks to you, decided to watch the interview on YouTube myself.

You were right! It was a well-reasoned, respectful assessment of SBIV and the receivers, and he used some powerful stats to back up the points he was making (27 quarters without a UGA WR with a completion of over 30 yards? Had not heard that stat before).

While he did indeed say the "talent" point, his further commentary was much more about the receivers not getting open than outright digging on the WRs or the smack-talk either the YouTube or DN titles imply. I replayed it a couple of times, and in no way did he "rip" the Georgia offense overall as Adams' title says, IMHO. If anything, claiming SBIV as one of the best QBs in the nation given his productivity with WRs that aren't getting separation was pretty complimentary (and he even mentioned the potential return of ADM).

I also watched the rest of the interview, and his discussion of the rest of the CFB field at the the top of the rankings seemed pretty reasonable, too. Plus, he was a guy who was pretty humble about his own record.

This was my first time listening to him, so not much to go on beyond this clip. But if you have 5-10 minutes to watch it yourself, I think you'll find more of a balance than the various video titles imply, including a pretty darn good assessment of SBIV.

Looking forward to an awesome Saturday... go Dawgs!

• Options
    plrdawgplrdawg Posts: 157 ✭✭✭ Junior

JR will never shut up on any brodcast, quite annoying. He knows everything, about any subject. Hard to deal with someone, who thinks he knows everything about everything. Mostly incorrect ,concerning most everything.

• Options
    plrdawgplrdawg Posts: 157 ✭✭✭ Junior

He does know how to look rediculous,,,,,in his outfits for SEC NATION,

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

HE gets paid in a sense to be controversial. OR at least more attention.

• Options

Tennessee is the soup de jour. Everyone is in(fat)uated.

• Options

"You were just wrong" good words BA.

• Options

Every team has a small number of proven playmakers. JUst see the NC game we beat BAMA by in large because they didn't have their best 2 recivers! If Tenn loses Hyatt early on in the game Saturday(not wishing that) then how does that affect their chances? Greatly!

We are more of a next man up and not dependent on one or two guys! WE can win without Nolan, or without AD or Arian Smith or even the guy wthat transferred to BAMA who was supposedly our best WR. We are a team first!

• Options
    My_Dawg_RyanMy_Dawg_Ryan Posts: 380 ✭✭✭ Junior

I agree, BA is too much of a “homer” to understand the logic of what JR was saying…it makes BA look like an idiot. 100% click bait

• Options
    HenddawgHenddawg Posts: 719 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Not sure I’d use the term “ripped” but he did ask legitimate questions. I don’t take them as negative or anything of that nature. Tennessee’s offense is very different than UGA’s but both are very effective. We will see if UGA’s is effective enough against a very highly potent offense.

• Options
    Eric_CEric_C Posts: 78 ✭✭✭ Junior

I wouldn't call it negative either...just uninformed. If this interview had taken place earlier in the year, it wouldn't have gotten much attention, but JR is absolutely calling out the UGA offense now before the biggest game of the season. UGA under Kirby is not a team that glorifies "playmakers." No team, and I mean no team, has played more complementary football (off, def, ST) than UGA since 2017. It isn't perfect, but it's worked pretty well so far, and that is really all that needs to be said.