Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

For Georgia football players, the action is all the juice needed against No. 1 Tennessee

SystemSystem Posts: 10,706 admin
edited November 2022 in Article commenting
imageFor Georgia football players, the action is all the juice needed against No. 1 Tennessee

Kearis Jackson and the Georgia Bulldogs are no strangers to big games. They’ve played in SEC championship games, College Football Playoff games and last season’s national championship.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    brinkmanmsbrinkmanms Posts: 84 ✭✭✭ Junior

Exactly! And had Bama run the ball 3 times on its final possession instead of throwing it, we likely would be looking at a different outcome....a closer more probably field goal for Riechard, or overtime at the very least.

• Options
    LoranwhaddayagotLoranwhaddayagot Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Alabama did almost everything they could to give that game away...and at some point Tennessee obliged.

The D scheme was awful, and not well executed. Penalties. And the running plays.

Tennessee fans are quick to point out that if they played Pitt again that they would beat them. Still, Pitt showed that even when you don't have the bodies, you can scheme around them.

Let's say UTjr has improved a lot, but they run into a scheme like Pitt with better (much better!) players.

What happens then??? Oh, and they say that loud, hostile environments don't rattle them. All but TWO of their games have been at home!

And no, an 11 am game in Baton Rouge does NOT count.

I really like UGA's chances!

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,666 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I look for Kearis to have a big game.

• Options
    GoodOlDawgGoodOlDawg Posts: 451 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yep, this would be an excellent time for him, or some other receiver (maybe Marcus Rosemy-Jacksaint, or Dom Blaylock) to really go off and light up the field with some game-changing catches. All of these guys have the kind of talent that it takes to make a difference in a game like this. Coach Monken will need to use all of his play calling experience to take full advantage of it. GO DAWGS!

• Options
    GoodtimeDawgGoodtimeDawg Posts: 468 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

This game is going to be lit! Our players have been preached at all week by Kirby and staff and you know they will be locked in! Our corners can prove how good they are and our DL will be in Hooker's face all afternoon. Stetson and crew will have a great Monken game plan and this thing is going to get real quickly!! GO DAWGS!

• Options
    Thomas77Thomas77 Posts: 62 ✭✭✭ Junior

This is the perfect time to maintain order in the SEC and school the Vols; that they are not quite at the championship level. Wear them down with our trained talent, superior strength, hard tackling, and flawless execution. Spread the ball around and confuse Tennessee constantly and control our temper at the end of the play, please; let them make the **** penalties from exhaustion and frustration.

On defense, most Georgia fans would like to see that patience and discipline in the second half; generally, line backers staying at home with consistent containment of the QB dropping back. There is nothing worse to see than an opposing QB running through over-pursuit for as far as the eye can see. On offense, love to see SB really get time to set for play action or use his running ability to the max when the defense is spread out and leaning the wrong way. So far as I can tell, a balanced run game will give him that previously effective passing game that we are used to.

Let's be nice to the poor TN fans and alumni (bless their hearts) and send them home with their team disappointed, but properly educated. GO DAWGS.

• Options
    David1David1 Posts: 747 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I agree. I guess all of these “experts” just think we’re suddenly forget how to play football tomorrow. Go Dawgs!!

• Options
    DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I badly want the Dawgs to win on Saturday. I wish I was even half as confident about that outcome as most of the people posting on this site. It's not that I don't think that the Dawgs can, or even will, win. It's just not as open and shut in my mind as some seem to portray it. I care little about previous games and opponents. Just because a certain game against a certain team went a certain way, doesn't mean a certain thing will happen in this game. When all is said and done, I just want UGA to have (at least) 1 more point than UT. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    Gibroni88Gibroni88 Posts: 412 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I think that not having Nolan Smith leading the defense and making his presence known in the front seven is going to be detrimental in this game today.

The VOLS are going to be able to exploit that loss and have been game planning specifically for that for almost a week.

Our Dawgs defense is great and deep, but there just aren’t enough “elite” and “experienced” Dawgs to make up for that against this type of offensive scheme. The college game today is slanted towards offenses enough already with play clock and substitution limitations where it is basic math: UT will have enough possessions where even if they are stopped 60% of the time(which even Bama D couldn’t accomplish) then they will simply score more points per possession.

The Dawg offense and Coach Monken will have to control the clock and come up with a game plan and the players execute it well enough to keep UT offense off the field AND score TD’s on almost every offensive possession. 3 FG’s or more from the Dawgs instead of TD’s will likely end in a loss.

And SB better bring his A game arm to this game, otherwise it could be really ****.