Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Unraveling College Football Playoff picture after Georgia owns historic moment on day of upsets

SystemSystem Posts: 10,439 admin
edited November 2022 in Article commenting
imageUnraveling College Football Playoff picture after Georgia owns historic moment on day of upsets

ATHENS — Georgia dominated the moment, beating Tennessee in what could be remembered as the biggest regular-season game in the history of Sanford Stadium.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    GoodOlDawgGoodOlDawg Posts: 446 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited November 2022
  • Options
    HenddawgHenddawg Posts: 720 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I agree 100%. Judging from play so far this season alone (neither has any out of conference impressive play), Michigan looks like the more consistent team than Ohio State. That will be settled soon enough but all of this talk about how great the suckeyes are is just not being borne out this season. They may very well end up being the best team in football as i keep hearing Herbstreit whine about, but they sure haven’t played like it so far.

• Options
    TrippTripp Posts: 513 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Looks like the Vagas odds makers had it about right when they opened the line at 12 to 12.5 points in favor of Georgia. On the other hand, looks like the playoff committee had it all wrong putting Clemson in the 4 hole and Tennessee and Ohio State ahead of Georgia (I’m glad they did though). I know the committee will talk about the body of work and SOS and all the other BS to justify there bias. Because they looked so inept in their first rankings, they will say it’s just the first ranking. While I will agree it was the first, your only objective is to get the 4 best teams in the country in the playoffs and your first draft raises concern about the committee’s ability to do so without bias! Now I will step down from the soap box but committee please, put OSU at #1, we have Miss St and need more motivation.

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

With Clempsome and AL losing yesterday the probability is very high that TN will win out and make it to the CFBPO. UGA will see them again on a neutral field. Ideally, #1 UGA plays #4 TCU and #2 OSU plays #3 TN. A LOT will happen in CFB before the selections are made but the table is set for UGA provided they bring it like yesterday.

• Options
    ItchyZItchyZ Posts: 179 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited November 2022

I love the smell of a UGA win and an Alabama loss in the morning. Great Kudos to the mailman and the relentless junkyard dawgs.

• Options
    khummelkhummel Posts: 824 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited November 2022

Bennett has it exactly right-- stay completely focused on one week/game at a time. Rest assured we'll get the absolute best that Mississippi State Bulldogs and Kentucky Wildcats have to offer... they are both solid teams playing at home... a win against #1 would salvage their seasons, so Georgia must bring its A Game as well. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Personally, I don't want to play the Vols again. But we've got unfinished business we need to take care of before even thinking about the playoffs. Starkville is a loud venue and those other Bulldogs will be looking for an upset. We've then got the Wildcats in Lexington.

The playoffs seem like years away for me...gotta stay focused and vigilant. Kirby will have the boys ready.

GO DAWGS!

• Options
    kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

As excited as I was yesterday, I'm concerned this morning. Why? We've seen this movie before and everything seems to be moving towards that dramatic ending.

Bama is out (yea!) and Clemson is out. Ohio State definitely didn't look like the 2nd best team in the Nation against a very weak (1-7) Northwestern.

So, you can make whatever arguments you like, but how exactly do you think the committee is going to vote when their chosen #1 team loses to their #3 team. You think they are going to drop them below #4? Heck no. Tenn is going to be #3 or #4. Count on it.

So... you can see where this is heading, right? Tenn will destroy the remaining opponents, sit out the SEC championship game and then we have a rematch against Georgia. And which team will be "out for blood" this time? Which team won't have the home field advantage?

Sigh, yep. Tenn is going to win it all, unfortunately.

• Options
    E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm actually kinda bummed about the latter. I was looking forward to watching the Dawgs slap Bama around in Atlanta.

• Options
    E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    TrippTripp Posts: 513 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited November 2022

Michigan, Ohio State and Georgia will all be in the top 3 this week but not in that order. Tennessee and TCU are going to be the committee’s tough debate at the 4 spot. I think LSU will land in the 6 hole.

• Options
    NJEricNJEric Posts: 125 ✭✭✭ Junior

Here's my guess as to who makes the CFP. Georgia should make it with only 1 or zero losses, which seems a almost certain bet thankfully! The winner of the Michigan/ Ohio State game ,assuming undefeated or 1 loss, will make it. TCU would make if undefeated, but I doubt that will last and they don't seem strong enough to get in with a loss. So, the winner of the PAC12 should get in with the 3rd or 4th slot assuming only 1 loss, and there are 3 candidates for that, so it is now probable. Whoever survives will have a boosted resume. The 4th slot could go to a 1 loss team, possibly from the Big10 or the SEC. Or possibly even 2 loss SEC champ if that happened, but that's a real long shot. Summarizing, we have : 1. Georgia, 2. Ohio State or Michigan, 3. PAC12 Champ, and 4th still wide open.

• Options
    CDDawgsCDDawgs Posts: 56 ✭✭✭ Junior

Mike, you really need to check your TN fandom before sitting down to write. UGA with no or 1 loss is a lock for the CFP unless that loss is an epic blowout. UT will be lucky to squeeze in if TCU wins out. The 4 will be UGA, tOSU or UM, TCU, and Oregon. The only reason for Oregon over UT is that the committee loves conference champs.

• Options
    jamboogiejamboogie Posts: 188 ✭✭✭ Junior

A little off subject but I have seen no mention of the head blow to SB4 on his TD run. I have seen a lot less impact called targeting but it apparently was never considered