Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

How Georgia football became the toughest team in college football: ‘It’s not built for everybody’

2»

Comments

• Options
    BornADawgBornADawg Posts: 622 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Oldddawg…I’ve been watching the Dawgs since the mid 50’s (when you could get them on tv back then) or listened to them on the radio and there’s never been a better time to be a Dawg fan. Grab a beer, kick back and enjoy the ride! It’s going to get even better.

Go Dawgs!!

• Options
    ColumbusDawgColumbusDawg Posts: 524 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Amen. EVERYONE enjoy this ride as much as possible while it is happening. Kirby has got this. ITS SHOULD BE A VERY LONG RIDE! And it appears Kirby has got this, about as well as the best coaches in history. What if he wins his 2nd natty this year? He is only 47...

80, 81, 82 was the best run I ever witnessed UGA have. Then upset Texas in the Cotton Bowl the year after Herschel left in '83. We might be about to eclipse that run this season.

And for what UGA does not have this year, it makes up for in so many other ways. First and foremost, other than the players, is the fantastic coaching staff top to bottom. Throw in all in this article, the culture and atmosphere, physicality, competition, iron sharpening iron, player development, the identity, all that overcomes most other areas of weakness against most opponents and we are seeing it. Offensive play-calling and game planning too. I mean just WOW.

Our biggest test I think will be against a very good defensive team(duh), with a good offense too, that is able to stop our run and make Stetson and Monkin score enough against them. IMO.

But just wait until the WR room is loaded to go with the best TE's in the nation coming every year. Kirby may just challenge Saban's Natty record. Especially if he wins another 1 or 2 soon. Fact. Again, look at what he has built and he is only 47 years old. So let's ALL KNOW what we are witnessing and enjoy every second. Maybe for the next 20-25 years.