Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Nothing eccentric about Mike Leach’s take on upsetting ‘simple’ Georgia: Buy-in, more cowbell

SystemSystem Posts: 10,458 admin
edited November 2022 in Article commenting
imageNothing eccentric about Mike Leach’s take on upsetting ‘simple’ Georgia: Buy-in, more cowbell

ATHENS — For all of the ‘guru’ status Mike Leach has been assigned, the Mississippi State coach finds his team’s matchup with Georgia remarkably simple.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    BornADawgBornADawg Posts: 624 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

We’ll that’s a lot of muscle to be flexing. Fortunately that’s something this team has an abundance of! Go Dawgs!

• Options
    Eric_CEric_C Posts: 78 ✭✭✭ Junior

What a tale of two different weeks...vol fans last week were quite obnoxious on SM leading up to the game, and now this week...you could hear a pin drop in the SM world. Ha, would rather have the obnoxious MSU fans fueling a fire in the team, but they are obviously not feeling that confident. The good guys need to focus on this week and take MSU seriously, and I'm sure they are, but there isn't going to be a lot of BB material for inspiration. Go UGA Dawgs!

• Options
    GoodOlDawgGoodOlDawg Posts: 446 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yep, I'm with you on that @Eric_C ! I'm not sure how realistic it would be to expect the Dawgs to play at the same level of intensity as last week, but I believe they will play with enough to get the job done. It's going to be scary for everyone else when they see the Dawgs getting better as younger players get experience and guys come back from injuries. Most importantly as you pointed out in your comment, focus on MSU. GO DAWGS!

• Options
    PopeyethesailorPopeyethesailor Posts: 443 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Hopefully, my Dawgs can get a comfortable lead and then bring in the subs to get valuable game day reps, while the starters rest and heal. Hopefully, AD Mitchell gets some work. We are going to need him, later, in the season. What has happened to Arik Gilbert? He didn't even show up on the injury list, last I saw.

• Options
    DoggoneDoggone Posts: 101 ✭✭✭ Junior

Cannot take anything for granted period. Kirby and staff have done a good job of keeping the team focused on one game at a time and not underestimate the opponents. We were clearly the better team last weekend but it was also obvious that Tennessee was flat, of course we had something to do with that. But that can happen to any team. It has happened to us in the past and can in the future. It is a matter of keeping your head in the game and disregarding what you read from the "experts."

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Score early and often, and the crowd and cowbells will diminish....think the Dawgs will be focused.

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@MikeGriffith

Mike, I have a question regarding the BAMA vs LSU game. I was watching the 2nd half, to see what each team would bring to the table in the SECCG...just in case.

I noticed on the last play of the game (2pt Conv) that Wil Anderson wasn't on the field.

Why would Saban sit "The best Defensive Player in the Country", Will Anderson, on the most important play of their season?

Did I miss something? Was Anderson injured? Just curious, I know the odds of UGA facing BAMA are extremely thin. But, you never know how a young LSU team, with a 1st yr coach, is going to handle the hype...much like TENN.

Thanks

• Options
    DawgDaddyDawgDaddy Posts: 33 ✭✭ Sophomore

There should be a rule that when MSU travels, the home SEC team gets to use artificial noise makers for that game. MSU would quickly decide that no school should be able to use them. Them being able to use them, but other teams can't is simple craziness.

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

LOL...I vote for those "Little Horns" kids have at their Birthday party. Times it by 60-80 thousand, and they might wish their was a rule.

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Oh Yeah I fully Agree !! Having AD back and at 100% would be Huge !! I do wish he was healthy enough to get in at least a few snaps in these last three games to knock off some of the rust. Gilbert I guess will get the nickname Mystery Man. I sure wish for his sake, his family, and the team things would come together for him. I just don’t know. IF he could get things together he’s a great athlete and Could be another potent weapon for the Dawgs. I know there are allot of fans that aren’t to happy about him being on the roster. But I appreciate Kirby’s compassion myself. We wouldn’t want a player with a physical ailment kicked off the team. In This case it seems to be a mental health issue. I read on here a pretty good while back that his teammates like him. I’ve not heard anything where he’s a trouble maker or anything like that. He’s been practicing as far as I know. Just a mystery. Maybe he will be able to get things together and contribute. Wouldn’t That be something if he came in and played Great ??!!!?? I’d sure be happy for him and the Dawgs !!