Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Imagine how good these Dawgs will be if they cut out the mistakes

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited November 2022 in Article commenting
imageImagine how good these Dawgs will be if they cut out the mistakes

This year’s Dawgs aren’t as formidable as last year’s, but they’re still amazing.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Oldddawg76Oldddawg76 Posts: 393 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Observation from a not-expert, both of SB4's ints were flukes, getting tagged as he released and then the DL guy intercepting off the chest of the center. That sequence at the end of the half was enough to put me in a tailspin in my lazyboy.

• dazzledawgdazzledawg Posts: 181 ✭✭✭ Junior

The punter penalty was a joke. Poor coaching right before half. Let’s just concentrate on Kentucky

• saldivensaldiven Posts: 56 ✭✭✭ Junior

UGA has given up more than 10 points in five games. In each of those five games, they have surrendered 2+ turnovers. In each of those games, the opponent has scored at least 6 points in the possession following the turnover. Despite this, UGA's current PPG allowed is within 1 point of the 2021 defense's PPG allowed statistic. If the offense would improve it's ball security, it's very likely that the 2022 PPG allowed number would be even better than the 2021 team's.

• UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

To answer Bill's question. "How good will UGA be if they cut out the mistakes"? Good enough to be '22 CFB champions. If they don't cut out the mistakes they probably won't be.

• JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The keys to this season so far have been very hard work especially work towards improvement and consistency coupled with toughness, talent, and resiliency.

Mississippi State was circled on most calendars preseason as a very dangerous game. The Maroon Bulldogs gave us their best. They were tenacious. They were physical and well coached and gritty as hell. They took full advantage when given any opportunity. They never let up.

It was I think a hugely advantageous game for us. We won and we won the East, but we also won a very clear picture - a gift really - illustrating exactly where we need to improve.

From Kirby on down, we can, must, and will improve. Anyone in the Georgia program not knowing that on Saturday morning realizes it by Sunday afternoon. What a gift.

We're not such hot shots after all. Plenty of anti-rat poison for Kirby to munch on and pass around.

Go, Dawgs!

• 99nout99nout Posts: 215 ✭✭✭ Junior

We got an unquestionable win but there were a lot of issues in the Dawgs performance. Here are my top four.

This was Monken’s worst play calling I’ve seen. Going up the middle over and over and getting stopped over and over. Sure it ate some clock but it didn’t do squat for yardage.

The O line wasn’t making gaps (hence the above) and often let too much pressure get through .

Bennett’s two interceptions were unfortunate and not all his fault but he made some questionable passes into coverage throughout the game. Turnovers were bound to happen.

the defensive backfield played too soft. Both in intensity and coverage. This was also their worst outing in tackling.

Get these cleaned up before Atlanta and we’ll have no issues with LSU.

• bobcdawgbobcdawg Posts: 64 ✭✭ Sophomore

Big win, ultimately made in dominating (if flawed) fashion. Stetson keeps making big plays and just needs to be a little more on point with some passes. I attribute the two interceptions to excellent (and one amazing) defensive plays. The first one where his arm got hit, appeared to be a likely TD, because the receiver was open. It's great to be in the SECCG again, and we just need to TCB the last two regular season games.

• MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited November 2022

Bill, it IS amazing how good these guys are - even with the mistakes. I think someone yesterday said we were "Sloppy but solid" against State. Maybe we just play to the level of the competition. If we had the same amount of miscues, mistakes, turnovers, poor tackling, ad nauseum last week against the Vols, then the outcome could have been quite different. Our tackling alone last week was the best I've ever seen it.

• BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited November 2022

Hey guys, for all those concerned about our rushing attack, we improved over 1000% since the last time we faced Coach Leach and Mississippi State 2 years ago in Athens. Believe it or not we only had 12 yards rushing on 21 attempts in that game…..and it was between the Hedges. No joke. Go Dawgs!!

• GaBoi69GaBoi69 Posts: 323 ✭✭✭ Junior

Georgia should make adjustments to the run game when teams are stuffing the box. Why keep running between the tackles with no success? They should look at running outside the tackles to give teams something else to defend.

• zonadawg61zonadawg61 Posts: 410 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

IMO neither of those INTS are Bennetts fault. Arm hit on one, fluke play on the other. That second INT is batted down 99% of the time. Missy States D is decent, and they have the #1 passing O in the SEC. Holding that to 300 yards is impressive.

• reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

" Get a real Qb "

Yeh, maybe one who can lead us to the NC. THat would be cool!

• Bdw3184Bdw3184 Posts: 12,727 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited November 2022

Our tackling alone last week was the best I've ever seen it.”

Have to agree with this statement at least a 1000%!!!!

This game still reminded me of the “prolific “ offense Hawaii supposedly had in the blackout Sugar Bowl ……but , where every time their receivers made a catch, they were put down hard….much like the Tennerssee game!!

Go Dawgs!

• reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

We had a KEaris Jackson sighting! I predicted he would show up big against Tenn. I was one game off.

• rhbatchrhbatch Posts: 730 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

As a rabid fan since 1957, I waited 23 years for the first NC of my lifetime and then another 41 years wandering the "close but no cigar" desert (almost biblical) before another was ours. I'm going to appreciate each and every victory that we get. The perfection nitpicking is for Bama fans. I don't care how we win, just that we win (and I don't mean cheating or dirty playing). The Missou game made me thankful that we have the coaching and talent to win a game where, for whatever reason, we were off our normal mode by a lot. In our 1980 NC season we won 6 games by a touchdown or less. At the end of the year, all that matters is that we won.

• 99nout99nout Posts: 215 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited November 2022

@rhbatch

You don't get better if you don't acknowledge mistakes and work on them. I've been a Dawg fan since youth (also class of '99) but that doesn't mean I can't see things to improve on that are plain as day. In my post, the only one I may not stand by is the one about Bennett making some risky passes b/c I do realize he can't see the field the way we can from the comfort of our homes.