Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

WATCH: Kirby Smart says ‘bloodbaths’ with Kentucky have Georgia players’ attention

SystemSystem Posts: 10,533 admin
edited November 2022 in Article commenting
imageWATCH: Kirby Smart says ‘bloodbaths’ with Kentucky have Georgia players’ attention

ATHENS — Fans and media can speculate on future games all they want, but Georgia football players have ample motivation for Kentucky.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I guess Kirby is actually inviting a "bloodbath." I know one who definitely is...Jalen Carter. The only way UGA could even imagine a KY win is through major UGA player attrition....even then, UGA has tremendous depth of position. KY has to have injuries from the Vandy game as well.

• Options
    Gibroni88Gibroni88 Posts: 409 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I don’t think UK defense can stop this Georgia offense tbh.

It will be a tough environment and it’s supposed to be pretty cold this weekend up there, but I think the Dawg defense will hold up well enough with a little help from the offense in scoring points AND not turning the ball over and giving the UK offense a short field. Make them drive 70+ yards for every score and keep the momentum in the Dawgs favor and it should be a good day for the Dawg players, coaches, and fans.

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,417 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The cold has me a little concerned. Most of UGA's players aren't used to playing in cold weather. The ball reacts a little differently in cold weather, too. This might be a closer game than expected.

Considering the weather, IMO, this is going to be a relatively low scoring affair....UGA 24....KTY 10. It's possible that we will see either Beck or BVG in this game and the next, which could slow the offense down, a bit.

Or...it might be another demolition. LOL

• Options

Also, Special Teams will play a big part, so I hope the Dawgs punter, Coursen (sp?..), has straightened out his inconsistencies.

I'm from, Hot Pod's area, and I can tell you now, we HATED kicking the football in cold weather...which wasn't very often. It's like kicking a rock. I'm betting, those boys are putting footballs in the freezer this week, for simulation.

I feel like, the kicking game will become important in this game. Maybe not...just a hunch.

• Options
    PopeyethesailorPopeyethesailor Posts: 443 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Playing in cold is not as hard as playing in extreme heat. You don't see people needing iv fluids in a cold game. Never see anyone pass out or collapse from cold at a football game. Dawgs will be fine.

• Options
    Silver_BritchesSilver_Britches Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Just hit them much harder and make them even bloodier. Out hustle and physical them. They’re in our way. Take care of business! Let’s go!

GO DAWGS!

NEXT!

• Options

I have to respectfully disagree. LOL

Like I said, I'm from SE Ga., and we practiced in extreme heat 3 times a day during camp, in August. 'Course, the 2nd practice of the day, was more cerebral & anaerobic than physically demanding.

I've had mud caked in my nose and mouth from lack of fluid to spit. My uniform would be so soaked at the end of practice, you would have thought I jumped in a swimming pool. Stickers and prickly pears hanging in my socks and uniform. My head would be spinning from the heat.

But, the order of the day was, "s*u*c*k it up buttercup. Football players play hurt and a hungry man is a mean man.". We were allowed 1 water-break per practice...and, that just started because of a couple of kids that died of heat **** and dehydration, over the previous couple of years.

My Coach was a former UGA RB that played with Charlie Trippi (caught a long TD pass from him in a bowl game) and coached RBs & DBs at UGA and FLA. He ran his practices almost exactly like Dooley. Mike Cavan and former players, that were playing at UGA would tell us that.

All that...and I would still choose to play in the heat. Cold weather stiffens the muscles, you can't feel your hands or feet, every hit hurts, catching the football can hurt. It's not conducive to the game of football...maybe hockey. LOL

• Options

Dawg Nation...your **** word censor sucks! Fix it or quit!! Lol

• Options

How is "e*x*a*u*s*t*i*o*n" a bad word? Please explain.

• Options

One more thing Popeye (Lol...like them name).

IMO...and it's just an opinion, mind you...cold weather is the reason Southern boys are tougher and further ahead in their athletic development, when they arrive on the college campus of their choice.

In the South, we play sports year round. Where I come from, football was the default sandlot game...even during baseball season. 'Course, we played a lot of baseball, basketball and tennis, depending on availability of personnel, venues and equipment, Lol.

Xmas day was my favorite day to play, not because it was cold, but, because I always got a new NFL Grade Football on Christmas Day. It would almost last till the next Christmas. Lol...JK. The one I got the previous Christmas would be worn out and unrecognizable.

Anyway, the point is, in the North, kids are more restricted by the weather and available venues. They aren't accustomed to playing in extreme heat (+95°). By the same token, Southern kids aren't accustomed to playing in extreme cold (-32°). It only dips below freezing a handful of times every year, some years worse than others.

However, I believe practicing in extreme heat, prepares you for any element "Mother Nature" wants to throw at you, including, but not limited to, extreme cold weather.

The only thing cold weather makes you want to do, is eat a bowl of hot soup and take a nap. Lol