Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Tell them now

dragonslayerdragonslayer Posts: 697 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

My wife and I drove to western NC to see our grandchild after the Tennessee game, the. n swung by to see my 94 yr old mother in Hilton Head on our way back to Panama City. We had a great visit, but 3 days later she called me because of chest pain. I told her to go immediately to the ER, and she was admitted. Seemed to be going well with discharge planned when she took a bad turn, and passed early Monday morning. We were blessed to have the visit, the first in months, and she confided that she was happy that she had recently developed heart issues, as she was afflicted with intermittent severe sciatica, and was horrified at the prospect of "being a burden." She was climbing stairs and drinking sparkling wine with us last Monday evening.

I'm not looking for sympathy - she lived a full and interesting life, left many descendants, was a polymath who showed no loss mentally into her final day. We had the opportunity to tell her we loved her in person and by phone. We will be reunited one day.

DON'T MISS YOUR CHANCES TO TELL THEM, IT'S IMPORTANT.

(thankful to be her son, and to be a Georgia Dawg!)

Comments