Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Florida coach Bill Napier compares Georgia and LSU: ‘It’s going to be a heckuva game’

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited November 2022 in Article commenting
imageFlorida coach Bill Napier compares Georgia and LSU: ‘It’s going to be a heckuva game’

ATHENS — Billy Napier sees LSU quarterback Jayden Daniels as a difference-maker, but says Georgia has special players, too.

Read the full story here

Comments

• GoodOlDawgGoodOlDawg Posts: 444 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited November 2022

“In particular, the defensive line and inside backers,” he said. “Both have really good personnel, both are well coached, it’s going to be a heck of a game.”

It's what you expect in the SECCG, and it could be the best matchup that we see. I really like the Dawgs chances with the defense showing some really good signs of maturing , and the offense getting some key players back from the injured list. If A.D. Mitchell can get healthy between now and then the offense could become more explosive than ever. I know that CKS and Company are focused on Kentucky right now, as they should be. DawgNation can focus on what we think/hope can happen in the SECCG and beyond without impacting the team. That's what fans tend to do. GO DAWGS!

• MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The Tigers will be formidable but definitely a team we should beat. LSU ranked 40th in total offense (Dawgs #3), 35th in total defense (Dawgs #6), 36th in Red Zone offense (Dawgs #1), and 14th in Red Zone defense (Dawgs#3).

I'll hold out my final thoughts on LSU after seeing how they perform through the end of regular season.

• navydawgnavydawg Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Good comments from my fellow Dawgs fans here !! Sometimes you have to give your rival credit and a little respect for what they’ve done and can do. LSU came on strong to become a very good team. The real and final objective is to put up more points than your rival and thus get the Win right ?? Well in that regard I just don’t see LSU being more potent than TN and possibly OR either. Yes LSU has the better Defense at this point it seems than TN, but they Don’t have the Offense that TN has. And in a head to head battle I’m not sure if LSU would beat OR either. I think that our Dawgs will see the best game LSU has played this season and Yes I think it will be a battle. But if our Dawgs bring their A game, they will prevail and get the W. Dawgs have more over all talent, better depth, and a better Coaching Collective ( not just the Head Coaches) than LSU does. Over the long stretch of the game very late in the 3rd Qtr. these differences will start to factor in and the Dawgs will break away and win. Go Dawgs !!

• thadecthadec Posts: 611 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

And in a head to head battle I’m not sure if LSU would beat OR either.

@navydawg the Oregon-boosting ship that UGA fans were hyping all year trying to get the Ducks back into the playoff so you would be handed a first round win has sailed with Oregon losing at home to Washington, and this was after it should have sailed due to needing a 4th quarter comeback (aided by referees) to barely get by 6-4 Washington State 44-41. While the Huskies are pretty good, they are still 1-2 against ranked teams this season. Comparing them to an LSU team that has wins against 2 loss Alabama, 2 loss Ole Miss and Florida (4 losses but 3 of them are to LSU, Tennessee and UGA) is absurd.

A lot of the "well maybe UGA is just that good" Oregon hype was due to their blowing out BYU right after BYU picked up a road win against defending Big 12 champs Baylor. The problem is that neither BYU (5-5) or Baylor (6-4) turned out to be that good this year. At this point, the only reason why Oregon is even favored over Utah to win the Pac-12 North is because the game is in Eugene. But even if Oregon wins that game big deal: the Gators beat Utah also.

Now the Gators versus Oregon - a matchup of two teams that UGA easily blew out - would actually be a good game. Oregon? UGA fans are only hyping the Ducks because you played them.

• Bdw3184Bdw3184 Posts: 12,727 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

"......but says Georgia has special players, too."

Thanks so much, Billy! We appreciate the compliment......../s

• UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Head to head LSU/OR would be a good game. Tough to call a winner. OR/FU? OR would stomp FU.

Have to cut SunBelt Billy some slack. He isn't used to seeing the SEC level of competition yet. So EVERY team looks dauntingly impressive to him.

• PopeyethesailorPopeyethesailor Posts: 443 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

UGA has faced some really good dual threat qb's. FU's Richardson, Arkansas' Jefferson, and UT's Hooker. I'd say any of the three is as good, if not better, than LSU's Daniels.

• LoranwhaddayagotLoranwhaddayagot Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I got so sick of Rick Neuheisel - I think it was last week - going on about Perkins.

All I kept yelling at the TV is that UGA has a whole team of Perkins!

Unless Perkins is better than Will Anderson, I'm not worried. Kirby and Co. figured out how to neutralize him in the NCG.

Maybe we sick Granddaddy Big D on him until he gives in!

• LoranwhaddayagotLoranwhaddayagot Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Agree 1000% The incessant droning on from ANY talking head, once they latch onto a topic, is excruciating!

And the analogy can almost be said about Bama's defense and Will Anderson, although they do have that other edge rusher-can't remember his name, but both of them will be gone next year.

As you said, We have a whole defense full of Perkins!

Go Dawgs!

That cracked me up the first time you said this as well! 🤣🤣

• BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Agree...and, all preseason we were hearing about the great BAMA stealing our "top recever", Jermaine Burton. I said, then, that Burton was average.

@MikeGriffith was constantly pounding that drum. Burton this...Burton that...the great "Burton left to win a Championship and get more catches in Saban's superior system.".

I called BS then...now, I say that Bennett and Monkin were making him look better than he is. Stick that in your corn cob pipe and smoke it! LOL. And, I don't get paid for my opinion.

I also said that BAMA would NOT be in the SECCG and Saban would retire after Young and Anderson move on to the NFL. Looks like that may happen...unless Young, unexpectedly returns to BAMA for 1 more season. I think that might be the only way he stays. Unlike previous seasons, the cupboard is bare, behind Young...and Burton...and Gibbs...and the starting O-Line (which is avg.). 'Course Saban has a lot more problems, right now, than QB.

A bunch of knew UGA's offense was going to be explosive and virtually unstoppable. What we didn't see coming, was how dominant the defense was going to be, early in the season. I think we all suspected the defense would be comparable to last year's, at this point in the season...but, not as early as the Oregon game.

This is another Kirby Smart "Generational", NFL Quality Team. Where's Saban's? BAMA's defenses haven't been the same, since Kirby left.

• UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Daniels seems to be much more elusive, slippery and faster runner than anyone you mentioned. He seems to be a streaky passer. 8/15 and 7 sacks vs Ark but 22/32 passing and 95 yds rushing vs AL. Both W's btw.

• BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

One more thing...I'm proud to see storied programs such as TENN, LSU and FLA being resurrected by competent and competitive coaches, such as, Lea, Heupel, Kelly, Napier, Kiffin, Beamer and Stoops.

All are doing a great job providing strong teams for UGA to destroy and pad their CFP Resume. Without those guys, they'd be talking about the Dawgs, the same way they're talking about the Wolverines, right now...with respect to SOS & SOR.

Man...I was thinking about the difference between the 21 & 22 Dawgs, and the '80, '81, '82 & '83 teams. Both won Championships, but this team would annihilate the teams that played back then. It's not a matter of schematics either. It's the size and speed of the players.

Look at the size of interior linemen of the day and compare em to kids playing today. I don't know if it's advancements in sports medicine or kids just be more informed about expectations and "strength and conditioning" advancements. Some of the guys that were recruited back then off teams I played on and against wouldn't even be given a second look today. I don't know what it is...maybe it's in the water.

Radioactive contamination produced Godzilla and King Kong. Maybe that's where some of these Bulldogs came from...Skull Island!!! LOL