Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Lane Kiffin reportedly makes decision regarding his coaching future between Ole Miss and Auburn

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited November 2022 in Article commenting
imageLane Kiffin reportedly makes decision regarding his coaching future between Ole Miss and Auburn

Lane Kiffin appears to have made a decision regarding his coaching future, as ESPN’s Chris Low reports that the Ole Miss coach will be staying at Ole Miss, as opposed to becoming the next head coach at Auburn.

Read the full story here

Comments

• 1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • 1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited November 2022

If I was an Auburn football player, I'd much rather have Cadillac Williams as my Head Coach. Kiffin is subject to bolt for supposed greener pastures at any time. And Hugh Freeze is even worse..GoDAWGS!

• BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

""Georgia is set to take on both Ole Miss and Auburn next season, with the Bulldogs visiting Auburn on Sept. 30 and Georgia hosting the Rebels, and thus Kiffin, on Nov. 11.""

IMO. If UGA wants a real rivalry game, during rivalry week...they should move the "UGA vs FLA" game to the last game of the season. It's cooler in the South, in December. More like Football weather. Lol

• BASDawgBASDawg Posts: 38 ✭✭ Sophomore

Kiffin has a short attention span. He knows he'll never win the natty at OM and will bolt at the next opportunity.

• budknox310budknox310 Posts: 812 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited November 2022

I have seen posts stating that Freeze was going to sign after the bama game. It was decided 2 weeks ago. Kiffin so used that to sign a bigger contract. 😂🤣😂

• DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited November 2022

The reports I saw were that Kiffin's family really didn't want to leave Oxford. I think his wife is like, why go into all that drama that is Auburn University? Deep down, I think Kiffin would prefer to coach at Auburn because in the long run, it's a better job. But oh well, we'll just have to beat them both next year.

Also, now that folks know that Kiffin will at least listen to other offers, don't be surprised if some other big-name school goes after him, a place that his wife might like better. Go Dawgs!

@budknox310 ....you're right about Kiffin using it as leverage to get a better contract....Only, it wasn't Kiffin. It was Jimmy Sexton. He owns most of the major Coaching contracts in NCAA/NFL. Which puts him in position to elevate everybody's contract...EVERY YEAR!!

Sexton is the reason Texas A&M, LSU, UGA, BAMA, etal., are giving their Coaches $10+ MILLION/yr. He has leverage on EVERY BODY. He is a walking Monopoly. Until they break that crap up...which they won't...contracts will continue to spiral out of control. Supply...and demand.

I'll tell you what's REALLY frustrating. Colleges are paying Tens of Millions of dollars to their Coaches...making billions of dollars from TV Contracts, merchandising, Donations, Tuition, discoveries/inventions, etc... Yet the POTUS insists on forgiving student debt to these Universities and their credit providers using money that you and I pay, in taxes from what we "earn", working our "blue collar jobs". Seems to me, we're taking it in the shorts, any way you slice it. Wish they'd forgive my debt to the IRS every year. Lol

I don't think Kiffin was ever interested in the "Hot Mess", Auburn has become.

Jimmy Sexton was using him...the same way he used Jimbo Fisher @ aTm, to get Kelly a big contract @ LSU. Finebaum, whom is also represented by Sexton, said that's Sexton's M.O.. Lol...course, that's every agent's M.O..

• budknox310budknox310 Posts: 812 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

That's true. Forgot about the agent. Is he the big name that represents players too? I keep thinking its someone else for the players. I absolutely agree with you about the student loans. I wish I could not pay taxes for a couple of years. 😂🤣 I wonder how much trouble is going to get into financially with this contract. 🤔