Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Kirby Smart gives latest injury report for Georgia football heading into 2022 SEC Championship Game

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited November 2022 in Article commenting
imageKirby Smart gives latest injury report for Georgia football heading into 2022 SEC Championship Game

The 2022 SEC Championship Game is here, as the Bulldogs will take on the LSU Tigers on Saturday. And both teams are dealing with injuries entering the conference title tilt.

Read the full story here

Comments

• E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Ha, yeah. If he'd been here for Tennessee in 2015 he probably would've said "Nick could've gone back in if we needed him to. We hope to have him back this week."

But yeah, I get why he does it. It's on us not to put any stock in anything he says about injuries.

• Gibroni88Gibroni88 Posts: 408 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited November 2022

@ShoottheHooch

100% correct. Chambliss looked pretty terrible against tech. Poor eye control and poor technique/ not wrapping up and just so SLOW!!!

Just rewatched the Tech game and he trailed on 4 B gap runs inside where that was clearly his #1 responsibility. I counted 3 missed tackles and 6 plays total where he was lost and trailing the ball carrier on inside or wide gap runs. If our Dawgs have to match up against LSU with a healthy Daniels and then the USC QB in the playoffs?! Not a chance Coach Smart lets Chambliss take that assignment after watching yesterday’s game tape. No way, other injuries or not. He’ll move another LB over before he allows that to happen because Lincoln Riley will exploit that every single offensive drive.

• UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,131 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Don't count on Jayden Daniels being out for SECCG. He taped up and re-entered the game against TAMU. He did some sufficient damage to TAMU but the run game, interlaced with long passes, hurt LSU. LSU defense cannot contain a good run game. I agree with one pundit, TAMU played their best game of the season. The way everyone expected them to play all season. Albeit, LSU will test UGA...IMO.

• navydawgnavydawg Posts: 2,973 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited November 2022

Exactly and agree. I sure wouldn’t count on Daniels being out. In fact he’ll probably be fairly close to 100%. So probably best to just factor him as fully in. On our side it’d be nice to have AD Mitchell back. But if he’s not pretty close to 100% I’d play him very sparingly as we’ll need him more for the playoffs. I Believe our Dawgs can and will beat LSU, but they better go in ALL Business !! LSU got totally embarrassed by TAMU and I’m sure they’d love to redeem themselves by beating our Dawgs. Course our Dawgs have a bone to chew on wanting Revenge for the Joe Burrow lead debacle. So I’m confident our Dawgs will have plenty of motivation !! I’m Very confident we can run the ball with success on LSU. And I Believe our Defense is significantly superior to TAMU even with our injuries. If the Dawgs come with their A game they should beat LSU by a solid score. BUT Please No slow and sloppy start to help LSU !! Dawgs can ill afford to be helping them as they to will be motivated and they do have some talented players and solid coaching. Go Dawgs !!

• My_Dawg_RyanMy_Dawg_Ryan Posts: 379 ✭✭✭ Junior

I say rest AD until the postseason…we are in no matter what happens in Atlanta, just let the guy rest for an extra month!

• BigFanBigFan Posts: 144 ✭✭✭ Junior

Hopefully, Arian Smith is back for good. He can take the top off and looked great on that "almost" TD catch. Maybe that will help AD get back sooner ;-)

• SloanDawgSloanDawg Posts: 23 ✭ Freshman

Would be great to see healthy TE’s (Bowers, Big 0, Delp) fully utilized.

Not confident Stetson could hit AD or A.Smith full-stride on a take-off route.