Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Georgia football winners and losers as Bulldogs complete perfect regular season, look ahead to LSU

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited November 2022 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia football winners and losers as Bulldogs complete perfect regular season, look ahead to LSU

Welcome to Good Day, UGA, your one-stop shop for Georgia football news and takes. Check us out every weekday morning for everything you need to know about Georgia football, recruiting, basketball and more.

Read the full story here

Comments

• ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

When Saban answers a reporter’s question about his DC with, “I think he’s done a good job considering what he has to work with.”, Dawg fans should be doubly impressed with what Kirby and his staff have done! There’s not a team in the nation with more recruiting stars than Bama on its 85 man roster. “…what he has to work with…”? Are you kidding me? There’s not a HC in all of college football, save Kirby Smart, that wouldn’t trade rosters with Saban

Jim is right, right, and right with all his points. It’s one thing to bring talented players into the program, it’s quite another to develop them to the point their potential is maximized. Kirby and his staff are the absolute best in achieving that goal!

• MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Winner: All the Seniors out there playing their last game between the hedges. Not a better atmosphere in college football.

Would love to see us play USC in the semi-final game (assuming they win Friday).

• reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Ladd was a bit of a sleeper only perhaps because of where he played HS and his size. But all you have to do was roll his tape and the skills he had jumped off the film.

• UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,131 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

JIm Wallace nailed it. Good comment.

• navydawgnavydawg Posts: 2,973 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Great read Connor !! Great Comments Jim Wallace !! YES very, very few programs could take 3 star players out of HS and develop them to the level that Kirby AND his Coaching staff have done !! I totally agree with the praise given here in the comments to Kirby, the Seniors, those 3 stars who worked their butts off to become great, and lastly the Coaching Staff and Assistants !! Not only has Kirby been a great recruiter, but he has made great hires to his Coaching Staff as well !! Let’s all hope that staff will stay as intact as possible because some will probably move on to greener pastures Because of their success at UGA. Go Dawgs !!

• budknox310budknox310 Posts: 812 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Wait. It was an ankle for Jones Jr? Dang it. When I saw it, I thought he just got a cramp. Any word if he will be back? Without Smith, he is the best option. Hopefully he heals fast, but if he isn't ready. The next guys are up.

• budknox310budknox310 Posts: 812 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

You are right. Every team would, except UGA. I think that was Saban coach speak for "I'm firing him at the end of the season" 😂🤣😂

• truthtellertruthteller Posts: 226 ✭✭✭ Junior

Connor, I think you meant to say "It's hard NOT to believe".

• kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited November 2022

Look, I don't want to downplay things, but Special Teams was the ONLY thing working for us in the first half. There was no doubt about it - Tech kicked our behinds very badly in the first half. They ran against us successfully. We were chasing behind their receivers. It was really, really bad.

The 2nd half was certainly much better and I have no problems giving props to Smart for "waking them up".

I'll also give credit to the fans who were awesome. Sold out crowd against a weak opponent at Noon and they cheered hard. Great job guys.

Was Bennett a winner? God no. 10/18 with 140 yards and 2 TDs is not good. Don't forget that one of his TDs was a very poor wide-open pass that was thrown 3 feet ahead of Bowers on the turf. Bowers turned that into a TD - that should've been an incomplete pass and a loss of downs. We NEED Bennett to step it up and he really didn't.

It's a win and I'll certainly take it, but we definitely didn't dominate. This type of performance won't work against our remaining opponents. LSU will be absolutely DYING to make a statement after their loss (just like Tenn did with Vandy) and you can't run if against these opponents if you can't pass.

Play our best Dawgs and show these teams who is best.

• CandlerParkCandlerPark Posts: 632 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Agreed. Ladd was awesome. The most telling stat to me was that McConkey had exactly zero receptions. He did so much -- rushing, returning and especially that remarkable downed punt -- that I could've sworn he also caught a pass!

• CandlerParkCandlerPark Posts: 632 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yes! I have a feeling that our D will humble Caleb Williams the same way that they shut down Herndon Hooker.

• reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I believe it was on Tech's 1st or 2nd run play their TE or Right tackle pushed one of our linemen like get the f off of me right after the whistle. Called being chippy. I saw that and I was like, OK they came to play with that attitude! Our guys looked like Tech should just lay down in a crumpled up ball and concede!

• JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

We started flatfooted and sleepwalking. No doubt about it. Tech started fired up and on fire.

Tech got a ton of help from the refs. Watch the replay carefully and you'll see many more uncalled penalties. Multiple bad calls favored the gnats.

I give Tech a great deal of credit. They planned to wreck our season.

Why any Georgia fan is complaining though is beyond me. What was the final score? Does anyone doubt we're the best football team and program in the land?

Am I saying we're invincible? Of course not. Am I saying the teams we've yet to play can't beat us? Of course not. We have to improve across the board. Stetson has to play better, etc. I'd bet a nickel everyone in the UGA locker room knows that.

Go, Dawgs!