Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia football-LSU instant observations as Bulldogs come out on top in 2022 SEC Championship

SystemSystem Posts: 10,410 admin
edited December 2022 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia football-LSU instant observations as Bulldogs come out on top in 2022 SEC Championship

ATLANTA — Very rarely can a football game be boiled down to one play. But that was the case in the 2022 SEC Championship game.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,141 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Thank God...what a win!

• Options
    Gibroni88Gibroni88 Posts: 409 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

It was 35 to 10 at halftime Gary Danielson!

Of course LSU was going to get a ton of pass yards in the second half!!! Talking about whoever UGA plays that there will be passing yards available, 🙄🙄🙄🙄

What a fool he is. 

Every game that plays out like that the losing team gets tons of yards in the second half…It’s a Championship conference game, not a game with a CHUMP team on one side like the BIG 10 Championship is about to be!!!

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited December 2022

LSU had 502 yards passing. Most all of that was against our 1st team defense. Big plays allowed. We knew that they would have to pass to win, and for the most part, we couldn't stop them. Gotta do much better than that against potential gunslingers like Stroud or Duggan. They had to be licking their chops watching our performance.

Otherwise, a great win...and the resilient, albeit inconsistent Dawgs are SEC Champs!! Congrats!!

• Options
    jdatl3jdatl3 Posts: 387 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

one of our dbs is a real problem.

• Options
    budknox310budknox310 Posts: 812 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

WOW. Even neuheisel still pumping the fear of bama. Just stop.

• Options
    Gibroni88Gibroni88 Posts: 409 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Back 2 Back, BABY!

Bring on the playoff!!!

Great game, Dawgs.

Good job, Stetson. You deserve the credit. Start watching that game tape tomorrow!

• Options
    Silver_BritchesSilver_Britches Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Congrats, Dawgs! Way to go! Stay focused and keep chopping!

GO DAWGS!

• Options
    97GradyDawg97GradyDawg Posts: 346 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

My take on the second half is that we didn’t bring much pressure; went with a 3-man rush most pass plays. I wouldn’t be surprised if it was to give our DBs a taste of the kind of passer they may well see in a playoff game, basically using a game we had in hand as a scrimmage. That game tape will be used extensively in practice in the coming weeks, I’m sure.

• Options
    Silver_BritchesSilver_Britches Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    dogs_n_bravesdogs_n_braves Posts: 121 ✭✭✭ Junior

My instant observation: LSU passed for 502 yards . . . against Kelee Ringo.

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 2,995 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I know Stetson can be frustrating at times, but I love the kid. And I think that if the “Spirit” of the Heisman were followed he Should get consideration. But alas he won’t as it’s all about gaudy stats. And is there a law that someone like Jalen Carter can’t win it ?? SO in the end Winning SEC Championships and National Championships should and probably Do mean more to our guys than the over rated Heisman anyway. Ever notice how Allot of those Heisman guys turn out to be total flops in the NFL ??

• Options
    SpdawgSpdawg Posts: 344 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Malaki Starks had an absolutely awful game. Nothing good to be said.

• Options
    Tom_BomadilTom_Bomadil Posts: 68 ✭✭✭ Junior

The Georgia play calling in the second half once again reflects the play not to lose mentality that has become Kirby Smart's signature. Run the ball up the middle, three and out, give the ball back to LSU so they can score again. Once again the passing game disappears in the fourth quarter. It leaves a sour taste in the mouth, even if Georgia wins.

• Options
    HenddawgHenddawg Posts: 719 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

What a win and MItchell may not have caught a pass but he threw for a successful 2-point conversion to the Big O. SEC champ DAWGS

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,613 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Credit the LSU QB with was tossing dimes with a rocket arm. Kinda disturbing when we knew what was coming and 2 of our guys couldn't cover one of theirs. In the end, check off another box and we move on. Whoever we play they will probably question whether or not they should even bother trying to run it. Just pass it. Pick on Kelee.

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 2,995 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Please Be Honest now. Who here was Pretty Sure in the PreSeason that the Dawgs would win 13 straight games ?? Honestly I Sure Wanted them to, and I thought they had Allot of potential, but I thought losing So Many talented players would probably cost us at least one game. After the vs OR game though my Faith really lit up !! But even after that I had my doubts. NO MATTER what the future holds for This Dawgs team, I think Anyone would have to say what they’ve accomplished is pretty remarkable !! Especially any Dawgs fan. Go Dawgs !!