Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Kirby Smart on Georgia football defensive performance: ‘It won’t be accepted or tolerated’

SystemSystem Posts: 10,486 admin
edited December 2022 in Article commenting
imageKirby Smart on Georgia football defensive performance: ‘It won’t be accepted or tolerated’

ATHENS — If you judged Saturday’s performance by the Georiga football defensive performance by the wow plays, you’d have thought the group had a great day.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    My_Dawg_RyanMy_Dawg_Ryan Posts: 382 ✭✭✭ Junior
  • Options
    jdatl3jdatl3 Posts: 397 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

everyone knows the problem, including the other team. kirby is making a mistake

• Options
    zonadawg61zonadawg61 Posts: 415 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Ringo is constantly out of position. He never seems to know where the ball is, and if he does, he gets a PI because of it. He seems to have regressed this year. My 85 year old mother made an observation during the game I'd never thought about -- she said he's playing like he's trying not to get hurt. Once I heard that I watched him more carefully and that seems spot on. Hope Kirby get's that corrected because teams will continue to pick on him. Dude was a 5 star and supposedly one of the fastest player on the team. Something isn't right with him.

• Options
    johnchappelljohnchappell Posts: 66 ✭✭✭ Junior

Honestly, it looked like Ringo quit on that last LSU touchdown.

• Options
    David1David1 Posts: 715 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

People jumped on the Ringo bandwagon after his national championship clinching pick six, but I didn’t think up to that point, nor do I now think that he is a good DB. The front 7 have covered his b u t t for the last 2 years. Hopefully he’ll have better games up coming. Go Dawgs!!

• Options
    SR_JRSR_JR Posts: 45 ✭✭ Sophomore

It surely says something about his play. You would think quarterbacks would go after Lassiter but no they are bombarding Ringo. Now if this was Lassiter getting beat this bad he would have been pulled. But Kirby doesn't want to hurt Ringo's draft stock. But letting him continue to get beat is hurting his draft stock. The kid is getting beat badly and not just this year it was all last year as well.

• Options
    thadecthadec Posts: 611 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited December 2022

Good grief folks. Get a grip. UGA jumped out to a 35-10 lead and spent the second half trying to avoid injuries. UGA didn't even need style points because it didn't matter how much Michigan was going to run it up against 8-5 unranked Purdue. Ignore this anomaly and get ready for Ohio State in 3 weeks (TCU should be the #4 seed, but the playoff folks will use their winning the terrible Big 12 as an excuse to avoid a Michigan/Ohio State rematch in the 1st round, just as was done with Bama/UGA last year).

• Options
    thadecthadec Posts: 611 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@SR_JR

1. Look at what UGA has at safety. Not a whole lot.
    2. Look at UGA's sack numbers for the season. Where last year 6 guys had more than 4 sacks, this year only a couple of guys have 3. So enough about this "the front 7 is carrying them." That was last year.
    3. So still think that Keelee Ringo won't be a 1st round pick? In an NFL where 3 CBs start now?
  • Options
    ColumbusDawgColumbusDawg Posts: 526 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

WAY TO GO DAWGS!

• Options
    ColumbusDawgColumbusDawg Posts: 526 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited December 2022

Dang, y'all sore posters need to chill bro. Ringo is a big play guy. He makes big plays when big plays are needed to change a game. He had some good plays today too. But sure was not his best and he could have had a better game, so could have several DB's and most everyone on D. But you also do not know all the facts about several different aspects or factors that played into todays game played out.

Preparing for a very different QB than the strong-armed one with a literal BAZOOKA for an arm, that had to air it out the entire 2nd half, is just one of those aspects. Defensive game plan for the QB and play-calling when the change happened was another.

I tell you this much, next time UGA plays this same QB and had UGA not had the big lead it did, he will be and would have been running for his life. Wouldn't be just a 4 man rush like it pretty much was today. I could go on to other factors and also point other DB's who had the same issues as Ringo, but its all good.

They ARE the best we got and whoever said something about Kirby would pull Ringo if it wouldn't hurt his draft stock, must be about 10 years old. Ringo is 1 of the best 2, likely the best CB on the team. There is nobody else as good to replace him with. But again, its all good. Enjoy! UGA 2022 SEC Champs baby! Dang....

• Options
    Lexi33Lexi33 Posts: 64 ✭✭✭ Junior

Horrifyingly bad performance by the secondary most of the night. Then again, LSU QBs had all day to throw in too many cases.

• Options
    DawgTattooDawgTattoo Posts: 413 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

TCU didn't win the Big 12. I just don't understand how you couldn't drop TCU at least one spot after a loss. But I hear what you're saying.....no way the committee wants OSU vs Mich in the first round.

• Options
    DJG76DJG76 Posts: 212 ✭✭✭ Junior

Rather than consistently employ good solid technique.....(Kelee, that what the scouts are looking for!!!!) Kelee is going "show Boat" looking for the INT or save. I hear so much about communication.....our cover guys must have been using sign language last night. ....we always seemed to be steps away from every reception. The problem was exacerbated by the lack of any meaningful rush in the second half when we knew Nuss was going to sling it every down.....OK, I get "saving" our players from injury. I contend that hitting Nuss two or three times for sacks would have dissuaded his zeal and accuracy.

OK, I've released my frustration.....KS is the coach, NOT ME, and he has, along with all our coaches, produced the best team in College football for another year.....my only prayer is to see more of the flashes of dominance and greatness that I know we possess in the next two games...........GOOOO DAWGS, Blind the Buckeyes, then kick Big Blues arse again!

• Options
    BackHomeBackHome Posts: 53 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited December 2022

It’s in the offensive gameplan from the get-go to attack #5. I noticed it early this season and it seemed to be the case most every game. I’d have to rewatch that 2nd half, but in the moment, it seemed like every single pass of the half was his guy, his guy with help, or an area where he looked like he was in zone. That side is a primary read in the progression - not a last resort. He’s made some big-time plays this year for sure. Nobody’s coverage is 100% for sure. I trust the coaches who darn well forget more than i could possibly know about football. But the opposing coaches feeling like that’s the ticket? Gives me pause. I hope he lights the fire and makes ‘em pay in the CFP. GoDawgs! What a season so far!

• Options
    BackHomeBackHome Posts: 53 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited December 2022

@thedec Christopher Smith plays safety - he’s having an All-SEC season.

Looks like it’s in the offensive gameplan from the get-go to attack #5 in many, if not most, games this season. I’d have to rewatch the SECCG 2nd half, but in the moment, it seemed like every single pass of the half targeted his guy, his guy with help, or an area where he looked like he was in zone. That side is a primary read in the progression - not a last resort. He’s made some big-time plays this year for sure. Nobody’s coverage is 100% for sure. I trust the coaches who darn well forget more than i could possibly know about football. But the opposing coaches feeling like that’s the ticket? Gives me pause. I hope he lights the fire and makes ‘em pay in the CFP. Go Dawgs! What a season!

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

My bet is we play OSU in the first round. Just like the Dawgs, Ohio State depends on its run game working to setup the pass. Michigan was able to stuff their run game and make them one dimensional. Ohio State has a talented group of receivers but not as elite as in years past. Our TE room is much better than theirs, and if AD and McConkey play then I'd say we are at least as good as them in the WR room. It ought to be a good matchup. 4 weeks for Kirby and staff to implement new twists and schemes that hopefully work

Overall, our secondary played pretty poorly yesterday even with guys being double covered. Passes still found their mark. Gotta clean that up.