Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia opens as solid favorite over Ohio State, ESPN experts cite Atlanta stadium advantage

SystemSystem Posts: 10,649 admin
edited December 2022 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia opens as solid favorite over Ohio State, ESPN experts cite Atlanta stadium advantage

ATHENS — Georgia has opened as a 7-point favorite over Ohio State in the CFP Peach Bowl Semifinal and will have a bit of a home-field edge.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    street0123street0123 Posts: 67 ✭✭✭ Junior

After LSU put up over 450 passing yards against UGA Ohio State should be a big favorite to advance over UGA.

• Options
    CandlerParkCandlerPark Posts: 690 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

IMO, Ohio State is the most dangerous team for us to face -- especially because they'll also have time to heal in the backfield and at WR. Among other metrics, they have two wins that were better than anyone TCU played.

I can't help but think that the committee slotted Ohio State fourth to avoid another matchup with Michigan. The betting lines pretty much confirm that: Georgia, the No. 1 seed is favored by less than Michigan the No. 2 team is favored. As the No. 1 seed, we shouldn't have to play the tougher draw.

But, hey, that's OK. We're the better team, we're wayyyy better coached, we're playing at our home-away-from-home. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    GoodOlDawgGoodOlDawg Posts: 447 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I like this matchup a lot. The Dawgs have played exceptionally well this year against the high octane offenses that feature a dynamic quarterback. Those passing yards that you referenced from the LSU game are an anomaly for the Dawgs defense. I believe the issues in the secondary will be addressed over the next several weeks. UGA has more than enough weapons on offense to confound the OSU defense, who isn’t very impressive and doesn’t appear to compare well with the LSU defense.

GO DAWGS!

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Lol Ole Kirk wanting OSU to beat the Dawgs So bad. And Desmond doesn’t even Try to contain his homerism for Michigan. At least David Pollack try’s to be objective and keep his homerism under his hat Lol !! I hope our Dawgs beat the Buckeyes like a drum !! I Believe they can and I Believe they Will !! Go Dawgs !!

• Options
    thadecthadec Posts: 611 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@CandlerPark

"Among other metrics, they have two wins that were better than anyone TCU played.

I can't help but think that the committee slotted Ohio State fourth to avoid another matchup with Michigan."

Pardon me? TCU's best victory was over #9 Kansas State. Ohio State's best victory was ovr #11 Penn State. As for Ohio State's second best win, it was over 8-4 Notre Dame. Yes, ND beat Clemson, but they also lost to Marshall and Stanford. At any rate, Notre Dame is #21. Texas, whom TCU beat by a greater margin than Alabama did - and didn't need assistance from the refs as Bryce Young was clearly down in the end zone - is ranked #20.

• Options
    jdatl3jdatl3 Posts: 408 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Too many homers thumping their chest. Dawgs gave up 450 yard passing, because of mostly one DB and zero pass rush. The dawgs have been exposed. Kirby has three weeks to fix it or they will lose. It will be the sec championship 2021 all over again.

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@jdatl3...Yes, we did give up too many passing yards yesterday....even to guys that were double covered. I think Ohio State has the offensive edge and the Dawgs have the defensive edge (just looking at Stats). But, the intangible is the REVENGE factor that we unleashed on Bama in the NC game earlier this year. OSU will be out for that same revenge from being embarrassed (like we were last year in the SEC Title game) and will be aggressive, attacking, and physical. They will be in a different mindset than the Dawgs.

How do we react? How do we prepare? Are we still the hunter?

And as we all know the game will be won at the line of scrimmage.

• Options
    RS289RS289 Posts: 18 ✭ Freshman

Played way too soft on pass defense. Ringo didn't play good he has been slack for a few games. I don't think Ohio State can do anything with our Defensive front line or linebackers Stroud might not get a chance to throw the ball.

• Options
    bogarttadbogarttad Posts: 279 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I just want to see the defense we had for the final 30 minutes of the Tennessee game.

• Options
    JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,765 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

You're a fan of THE, right? Thanks for stopping by.

No smart Dawg fan would say THE can't beat us. However, the SECCG has nothing to do with the next game.

As I recall, we beat LSU by 20 points. That's allowing them a ton of passing yards. THE shouldn't count on the same.

Go, Dawgs!

• Options
    CandlerParkCandlerPark Posts: 690 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Whoops. I realized after I posted that I didn't Texas was ahead of Notre Dame, but didn't realize that K-State had jumped Penn State.

I do personally believe that Penn State is a stronger team than Kansas State, and that Notre Dame and Texas are pretty close. But I do appreciate you correcting my error!

• Options
    ItchyZItchyZ Posts: 179 ✭✭✭ Junior

So, UGA has never lost in Atlanta??? Their argument that the venue gives them a boost is mighty weak.

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

IMO...UGA wasn't operating out of the same defense they shut Tennessee down with. It appeared that Kirby and Muschamp backed off of putting pressure on the QB. Instead, they invited LSU to throw the ball.

Practice, at UGA, comes in many forms and NEVER stops. Which means, they use games for practice purposes. Nobody has REALLY challenged them, in at least 2 years...if not 3 years.

Including Kent St, Mizzou and Kentucky. UGA could've scored anytime they wanted to, in any of those games, if they had run out of their normal offense, using their "bread & butter" plays. Lol

• Options
    WillDawg82WillDawg82 Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Go Dawgs! Sic 'em

Woof,woof,woof