Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia stock report: SEC title cause for celebration, Ohio State pairing cause for concern

Comments

• Options
    DawgOnTheBeachDawgOnTheBeach Posts: 59 ✭✭✭ Junior

Why would I expect that you would give Stetson the credit he deserves since you never have in the past!!! Had your Bro JT had the same night you would have created a separate category at the Diety level.

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Wow !! You just Totally disrespected James Cook’s work at UGA !! The ONLY reason he went 2nd round was his brother will be a future HOFer ??!!?? Big LOL !!! So you honestly think that a Pro team would fork out the necessary $$$ Only because of his Brother’s fame ?? NO WAY !!! James Cook was to the UGA Offense what KMac has been this year. That is a RB that can both Catch the ball and Run the ball. Like Numerous Pro Teams do now in the modern era. I haven’t looked it up but by all Appearances KMac just Might be doing Better than James in that dual role which is saying Allot. And if RBs think that They To will get opportunities to play a dual role like that at UGA they Will Come !! I’d of thought You being the stat master and all would have noticed the trend in Both College Football and the Pros, of just Pure run the ball Only RBs are very rapidly dying out. Now Coaches in Both College and the Pros Expect then Demand with sufficient practice/time that RBs be able to Both catch and run the ball !! On a side note this is my own personal belief and opinion on this, but I believe we’re gonna start seeing TEs, in particular “select” TEs with the right body build RUN the ball much more than as compared to the past. Not exclusively but More than in the past. I’m not gonna get involved in the Holyfield, Milton, debate. But as long as Kirby Smart is at UGA and more Especially if Coach Monken stays at UGA you Will See high caliber RBs come to UGA. Not necessarily the #1 RB Recruit though that’s certainly a possibility year to year, but Kirby and the Dawgs will have been a By Committee RB room and thus far that hasn’t hurt recruiting much if any at all. One of the reasons just Might be because RBs know that Hey if I go to UGA I’ll have to opportunity to Catch the ball nearly as much as Run it and I know Now that’s what the Pros are looking for.

• Options
    khummelkhummel Posts: 821 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Not surprisingly but disappointingly (due to his natural talent), Kelee Ringo's not on the good stock list. I think he should stay another year to become a leader of the 2023 D while honing his skills (and stats) to improve his stock and draft result. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    robinsdawgrobinsdawg Posts: 106 ✭✭✭ Junior

I think our secondary approached the LSU passing game more like Ms St and KY than Tenn, especially after we got the big lead. Except Boutte, lsu doesn’t have the big time receiver name and they picked us apart by committee. Tenn, on the other hand, has the two studs, and we knew it. Our corners (mostly) blanketed them giving our line opportunity for coverage sacks. OSU will throw two studs at us (if Njigba plays) along with an accurate, athletic QB. I think when Ringo and Lassiter know they’ll be on an island, they step up with good coverage and sure tackling. To me, OSU and tenn have nearly identical offenses but with different play speed.

• Options
    Eric_CEric_C Posts: 78 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited December 2022

Ha, yeah I'd say Stetson was efficient. As someone who scrutinized every play of that game, let me say Bennett made plays all day...he threw in to very tight windows while being blitzed...made great decisions...and showed his usual swagger when it looked like LSU and the Dawgs secondary was about to give us all some serious heartburn. It's unfortunate he won't get much love in the draft. Ever since he came in and saved the Dawgs in Fayetteville, AR in 2020, I've been a believer.

Also, let's remember the Dawgs tired D was smoked by the Bama passing game in the last SECCG, but they absolutely shut things down in the CFP. While the OSU offense will be more formidable than UM and Bama (without their top receivers), I've been thinking more and more that the physicality of the UGA "offense" is what teams fear the most when planning. The Dawgs are going to give up some points to OSU, but I expect McIntosh, Milton, and even Bowers to all be touchdowns waiting to happen in the run game, and I am sure the Dawgs passing game will be more dynamic than Michigan's. Let's all hope McConkey and the OL benefit from the break.

• Options

I’d be totally good with that !! Kelee has been inconsistent. Can’t help but see it. But he’s also made some great plays to. The good thing speaking of Kelee is the ground work for him to be Great is there. He has the athletics and body frame to do it. I think Allot of Dawgs fans in the many comments nailed it on him and Starks poor game in the SECCG. They were going over kill for an INT, and got burned in the process. I’m pretty confident that Kirby, Muschamp, and staff will work that out of them between now and Ohio St. But it Does need to get fixed. In just Saying it here it is: FORGET about those cameras and that your on Ntl. TV and Do Your Job how you’ve been Coached to do it !! If they respond to that criticism, watch the tape, listen to the coaches, I think we will see a Much Improved level of play. I’d tell them Not getting an INT is better than being totally Embarrassed on National TV !! Do your job as coached to do and the INTs will come to you !!

• Options
    GoodOlDawgGoodOlDawg Posts: 445 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited December 2022

I believe that being an exceptional receiver out of the backfield is what adds value to the draft status of an otherwise excellent running back. That is why James Cook, who is even smaller than Holyfield, was drafted so highly and gets the amount of playing time that he does now in the NFL. I seriously doubt it has anything to do with his brother, nor do the Bills know or care how many stars he had in high school. Milton needs to establish himself as a very good receiver out of the backfield to maximize his draft status. If he feels as if he has done that, then he's ready to go. It's his decision to make, as I stated in my original comment, but it needs to be based on good information.

GO DAWGS!

• Options
    DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited December 2022

Ringo should definitely be in the Stock Even (Down) category. Blame it on technique, desire, positioning, lack of attention to detail, not wanting to get hurt, or just plain getting beat. But whatever it was, he did an extraordinarily poor job on Saturday. Yes, I'm sure he knows this and the coaches know it, but I want folks to keep saying it so that HE comes out motivated with something to prove against OSU, because we KNOW they're going to be motivated. Also, while I won't go as far as @UGA66 in saying the lead photo was in poor taste, I will say that it seems an odd selection. Why not use the one of Jalen Carter hoisting Jayden Daniels into the air with one arm? Or perhaps one of Christopher Smith running back the blocked FG attempt? Both of those guys were included in your Stock Up category and certainly would have been a more representative photo, in my opinion. Nonetheless, Go Dawgs!

• Options
    87Dawg_1187Dawg_11 Posts: 77 ✭✭✭ Junior

The DBs had a bad day on Saturday, but pass defense includes the front getting pressure on the QB and the secondary covering. QBs can't throw deep without getting time. The Dawgs pass rush was anemic in the second half and has been bad all season without a DB blitz. I'm much more concerned with the lack of pressure on the QB than the coverage of the DBs. The dawgs have talent in the secondary, they don't have a legitimate pass rusher outside of Carter and it's easier to neutralize an inside rusher than an outside rusher.

• Options
    ColumbusDawgColumbusDawg Posts: 524 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Man, y'all need to get a life other than all this complaining when all that is happening is WINNING! Oh and when it comes to high powered passing games, just think back to, hmmm, I don't know, the Tenn game... Just win baby! And that is what Kirby has the guys doing! Over and over and over. While y'all keep on complaining and stressing and worrying and whining lol. Poor babies.

First and foremost y'all should be THANKFUL that we got passed on like that...it was a wake-up call that will be corrected where needed. Secondly, and I PROMISE YOU, there WILL BE A PASS RUSH. We was up 35-10 fellas, it wasn't like it was close and we just rushed 4 and let them get within one score or took a loss! No,we rushed 4 with a huge lead. Why? For a few reasons but mainly because we COULD! If the game was close, we would have been blitzing like usual. Just chill bros. It's still all good. All good...

• Options
    KudzuKudzu Posts: 354 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited December 2022

I'll pile on a bit with your point, but maybe not even going to whether this is a "fan site" or not: in any neutral (aka "objective") site, I'd find it hard to believe that an article about the results of a conference championship would have a lead photo featuring the loser scoring. Way beyond DN, I'd be pretty surprised if ESPN, SI, CBS Sports, etc. did so.

My two cents...

• Options

These are really good points... and what better way for these guys to get real-time experience that, with the help of their coaches and seasoned teammates, should help them do better in the CFP :)

• Options

Final point (I promise!): Ladd McConkey got injured in the CFP, so his stock is even? I thought he was pretty darn good until he had to sit the rest of the game out

• Options

I sure Hope Ladd will be back 100% by Dec.31 He had some rough times in some games but he seemed to be coming on really strong. Especially to have been dealing with tendinitis in that knee. Hopefully he’ll be OK. I wonder how bad McClendon’s injury is ?? An MCL can be slow to come back from even if minor as I understand it.

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

How about more context? Clemson was ranked #2 in the country and had 1 of the top (3?) defenses in the country. LSU has the 48th ranked defense in the country. Plus JF played most of the game with broken ribs after missing 1 play.

• Options
    SpdawgSpdawg Posts: 344 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Interesting that you brought up Beck and the portal. Given all the QB’s jumping into the portal today, there may not be a landing spot for Carson. My guess is that he stays and BVG goes elsewhere.

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,404 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Stetson Bennett...Heisman Finalist.

I told @MikeGriffith last year, this could happen. Bennett had the ability and the tools. Then, in the Spring, I told him Bennett would be a top Heisman Candidate by the Florida game. He couldn't pound the JT Daniels drum any louder...then the Beck drum...then ???. What Mike...time to dredge up "ye Olde Justin Fields Controversy"? LOL

Just give-in Mike. The kid beat all of you...on top of the rest of the competition. Lol...Bennett just wouldn't go away and eventually persevered...twice. The very definition of "A Winner"...nay..."A Champion".

• Options
    MikeGriffithMikeGriffith Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Stetson is one of the best stories in recent CFB history, there is no doubt about that!