Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

From the bench to the mountaintop, Stetson Bennett knows he earned Heisman Trophy invite

SystemSystem Posts: 10,551 admin
edited December 2022 in Article commenting
imageFrom the bench to the mountaintop, Stetson Bennett knows he earned Heisman Trophy invite

NEW YORK — Stetson Bennett’s past week has taken him all over the country. Last Saturday, he was winning MVP honors in the SEC championship game. On Monday, he took home the Burlsworth Trophy, given to the nation’s top player who began their career as a walk-on.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Good luck Stet! Love your jacket!

• Options
    truthtellertruthteller Posts: 228 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited December 2022

GEEZ, how tough is it to stick a mic on the dude? Ya, know, some of us may actually want to hear what the guy has to say! So painful to have to listen to him over the talk of others in the room. Not sure if Connor was actually in NYC, but man, what a rookie mistake from whomever was there - ya gotta MIC THE GUY! That is interview 101. Proud for Stetson, but he talks low, all the more reason to not have his voice competitng with everyone else in the room.

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Seth Emerson writes a great article on Stetson, who is The Athletic's College Football Person of the Year:

• Options
    MACDAWGMACDAWG Posts: 260 ✭✭✭ Junior

Awesome jacket!!!

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    Silver_BritchesSilver_Britches Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I sure hope Stetson wins the Heisman. I will be pulling for him as hard as anyone. He has earned it, in my opinion. Go get it, Stet! Then get back home and focus on Ohio State!

STETSON FOR HEISMAN!

GO DAWGS!

• Options
    CClayC88CClayC88 Posts: 126 ✭✭✭ Junior

BigDawg61

Do you really think we wouldn't be here without Bennett? At what point was JT going to flop? Just going undefeated with the highest oasser rating in school history. As for Caleb Williams it sure seemed we were going pretty hard after him even after Stets "led" us to the championship. And by led I mean CARRIED by our defense. And Bowers. And Cook. And White. And the O line

• Options
    BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Clay,

Make sure you compare apples. JT only had wins over 2 teams with winnng records (Cincinnati and Clemson). In those 2 games he only accounted for 1 TD in 8 quarters and we only scored 3 offensive points against Clemson. I think the world of JT, but fans like you need to be questioning JT more than Bennett.. I guess haters are just gonna hate no matter what the Mailman delivers. Go Dawgs!!!

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Though Stetson winning it would be Awesome !! And I sure Hope that happens. I’m just thrilled he got an invite. Just think Only Four players out of All College Football !! That in and of it’s self is a tremendous honor !! If Anyone deserves it Stetson does !!

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Amen !! NONE have !! And as has been repeated over and over so I figure mine won’t hurt. Stets had the less than desirable “pedigree” vs all the prototypical 5 Star guys coming out of HS. I think this is one of the main things that really crawls up the skin of his Nay Sayers and Some absolute Haters !! Plus his size is not what the “pure profile” folks want to see. They all have this shell shocked Who Is This Little Guy that dares to stand with and in many ways Above our perfect QB profile darlings ?? The Stetson Story just embellishes all the More why he Should win the Heisman !! And I’ll go Even further, Had he came from a big high profile HS as a 5 star, and accomplished the Same success that he has I believe many of his naysayers and haters wouldn’t even Be such !! He broke the mold and there’s a sizable segment that resents that !! Way to go Stetson !! You will go down in Dawgs history as one of the greatest DGDs EVER !!

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,632 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

We all know SB did all that he was allowed to do. THere were times when CKS put the brakes on the offense, and so we ran it virtually the whole 4th quarter. There was a lot of meat left on the bone so to speak where the offense and SB was concerned. When you are up big or everything is clicking with the pass is the best time to just keep it rolling, defensively teams get overwhelmed when that happens(see LSU against us with the pass) and the offense starts feeling it(see Spencer Rattler against the Vols and Clemson). those are the pad your numbers moments for a QB. THere were very few times this year where CKS and CTM just let those moments ride and keep on going. We didn't need to, our defense was going to hold up and they knew it. SB did what needed to be done when it needed to. In the big moments!

• Options
    VetdawgVetdawg Posts: 761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I love the man Stetson has grown into and am very proud of how he represents UGA in the spotlight. I don’t believe he wins tonight, but I want that to fuel him and his teammates against cj stroud , ala Vince young against usc.

go dawgs

dilly dilly Stetson!