Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Mississippi State coach Mike Leach has passed away at 61

SystemSystem Posts: 10,558 admin
edited December 2022 in Article commenting
imageMississippi State coach Mike Leach has passed away at 61

ATHENS — Mississippi State coach Mike Leach passed away Monday night from complications related to a heart condition, per a school spokesperson.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    SpdawgSpdawg Posts: 344 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited December 2022

Questions will have to be asked of the MSU team physicians, etc. Was he under the care of a cardiologist? Was he being seen for the cough that he thought was pneumonia? By extension, I would love to see improvements in the health care for all players and staff at all SEC schools.

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

May The Lord give Coach Leach family,friends, and all MSU Nation, His very special Peace and Comfort. This is So sad and tragic. 61 is not very old by today’s modern medical standards. RIP Coach Leach.

• Options
    CandlerParkCandlerPark Posts: 678 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'll miss Mike Leach's weird sense of humor and his offenses. Both were unique in college football.

• Options
    Gibroni88Gibroni88 Posts: 411 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited December 2022

This is super sad news.

I’ve paid attention and known his name since his first years at Texas Tech over 20 years ago.

I always liked his nickname and his personality of not giving a you-know-what about what people think of what he says and his actions is incredibly refreshing and is very similar to the way I try and live my life. A lot of people are just now realizing how intelligent he was and I do not mean that because of his air raid offensive schemes and the results from almost every college QB he coached. I mean because he went to law school and studied American history and travelled and read alot and incorporated that knowledge and wisdom into his everyday life. He was still relatively young while doing that and it’s refreshing to see that attitude and philosophy in this age of disgusting social media and extremely shallow narcissistic and politically correct personalities that are more than prevalent throughout our society the last 12+ years, both in the spotlight and everyday people we see in our lives that are not necessarily “famous”.

May he RIP and my thoughts are with his family and kids and his three grandchildren. He lived his life to the fullest and by his rules and moral standards, not by those of the disgusting media and politicians.

Tell Vince I said hello up there, Coach Leach. RIP.

• Options
    JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,754 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

We are all feeling a bit of the huge loss his death has created. I know I am.

My guess is he would have been terrific to actually know and hang out with. Talking history.

Blessings to his family and team.

Go, Dawgs!

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,153 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

My heart goes out to Sharon and the children and grandchildren. Mike left doing what he loved....coaching college football. And, he was very good at it My prayer is that God will comfort his family as they grieve for the loss of this wonderful husband, dad, granddad and coach. What a sad day.

• Options
    christopheruleschristopherules Posts: 14,299 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate