Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

David Pollack: ‘Streaky’ Georgia offense could be tested by Ohio State

SystemSystem Posts: 10,480 admin
edited December 2022 in Article commenting
imageDavid Pollack: ‘Streaky’ Georgia offense could be tested by Ohio State

ATHENS — David Pollack said Georgia is the best team in college football, but there’s an element to the Bulldogs’ offense that he has picked up on.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Stetson Bennett has been the best big game QB in CFB over the last two years. The peach bowl semi-final is a big game.

Ohio St better bring their A-game. Otherwise, they will get boat raced in Atlanta. These Dawgs will be ready!

• Options
    Bdw3184Bdw3184 Posts: 12,727 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

“Boat-raced” is exactly right….these Dawgs know what they have to do and will be prepared to do it!

I see no other outcome…..tOSU will be sorry they made the playoffs!

I like our chances!

Go Dawgs! Hate on Bucknuts!

• Options
    cbp1947cbp1947 Posts: 51 ✭✭✭ Junior

I loved DP as a player, but I can’t stand him as an analyst. He goes out of his way not to be perceived as a homer. We have enough Midwest/NE bias against us, we don’t need one of our own doing it too.

And the Joe Moore Award has become a joke.

• Options
    khummelkhummel Posts: 827 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited December 2022

No one said it'd be easy. After all, following 13 weeks of intense competition, these are the 4 best teams in the land.... at least the last 4 standing. One could furthermore argue these final 4 teams are loaded with talent and are well-coached. This isn't rocket science... whoever prepares best will win each of the final two games. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    ScoreCheckScoreCheck Posts: 974 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Pollack just tries to be overly objective and it shows. OSU is no push over that is a given. We don't need a Pollack to inform us. UGA will take care of business Dec. 31, Mr. Pollack.

• Options
    JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Mr. Obvious.

Nobody knowledgeable about the game thinks beating another playoff team will be easy although it sometimes turns out to be.

Kirby has said this Georgia team is inconsistent. David Pollack should credit Kirby.

Go, Dawgs!

• Options
    TrippTripp Posts: 513 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Honestly, Pollack didn't say anything that isn't true. Problem is, we all know that. On any given night anything can happen. Ohio State will play their best game and Georgia always expects to get other teams A game. Elite teams and coaches know this. Georgia will prepare and Kirby and staff will focus on the team executing the game plan. I trust in Monkens ability to formulate a game plan that puts our offense in great plays and situations. I trust Kirby and the room full of defensive minded geniuses to formulate a plan to contain the Buckeye offense. All we need to do is execute. Of course we will get tested by the Buckeyes but I fully expect these young men to stay fully grounded and keep their focus on executing a successful game plan. If we don't, disappointment could await. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The UGA offense isn't streaky. Let's face it, the QB is streaky. Hopefully he will be well prepared and "on" for OSU. If he doesn't try to force too much UGA should win.

Now is not the time for anyone on the UGA team to be too cocky. Better rein in the swagger. These will be the toughest, biggest games of the season. If you don't come in prepared for a 60 min fight you are liable to fall short of what you worked so hard for all season.

We will see who has the strongest will. UGA really hasn't been tested (MO?). What happens when they are? OSU crumbled at home vs MI. Do they have the intestinal fortitude to stand up to another knock down drag out game?

• Options
    CandlerParkCandlerPark Posts: 663 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Pollack's right. It's no secret that our offense, particularly Bennett, has been streaky this year. But as Pollack said, Bennett also gets up for big games. I think the offense will be on -- especially running behind a righteously motivated line against a fairly average Ohio State run defense.

I'm actually more concerned about our pass defense than our overall offense. Our DBs have been a bit streaky, too. In some games, they've shut down the QB and absolutely smothered yards-after-catch. But in other games, they've given up a fair number of chunk plays (especially those 502 yards against LSU).

But if those DBs show up the way they did against Tennessee, we should be able to limit their passing game. And that could be the key to the game, because I think we'll be able to score on that defense.

• Options
    CClayC88CClayC88 Posts: 126 ✭✭✭ Junior

cbp1947

What is Pollack supposed to say? If he's objective he gets criticized for not being a homer. If he's a homer then how does anybody other Dawg fans take him seriously? It seems like the majority of people that post on here only want to be fed the rat poison. Not every media personality is biased against UGA. Maybe you're just so biased you can't see the truth

• Options
    osmosiphobeosmosiphobe Posts: 381 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Idunno. I think he's just trying to be objective, which is something I think most of us would prefer. As CandlerPark noted below, he's not off-base: there have been some patchy moments offensively. Can't knock the guy for noting it. We had all of those red-zone woes, and several questions of "when are we going to get the run game going?" He didn't say the team was abysmal or that the O was going to get demolished, only that this is a concern. It is, because it has been.

Now, I do think that, overall, the team has handled that concern, and I'm not terribly worried that they won't continue to, but I don't know that anyone who's being honest with themself could say that there hasn't been any cause for worry at all. Do I think it'll get handled? Yes. Does that mean there isn't anything to be handled? ... Come on...

• Options
    DawgTattooDawgTattoo Posts: 412 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I don't think it was the DB's as much as it was the Defensive Front that shut down the Tennessee passing game. Hooker never had time to throw the ball. We were chasing him all over the backfield and, in fact, sacked him six times. We HAVE TO put similar pressure on Stroud, who will pick us apart if we don't. That's not an indictment against our secondary. It's just a fact. OSU has a great passing game and will probably be forced to pass a lot in this game. I think we will be up to the task.

• Options
    GoodOlDawgGoodOlDawg Posts: 446 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

That's a good point @DawgTattoo . The pass coverage depends greatly on pressure on the quarterback when you’re up against the kind of talent that Tennessee or OSU can put on the field. If you can take away 1.5 seconds (or more) from the quarterback, it will have a tremendous impact on his being able to connect with an open receiver. It’s the difference maker UGA can and should bring to the party against the Buckeyes, just like they did the Vols.

GO DAWGS!

• Options
    khummelkhummel Posts: 827 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Ohio State's o-line is better than Tennessee's... Jalen Carter and his pass rush posse must find an extra gear to duplicate the TN game, which as others have noted is a huge key to winning. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    DJG76DJG76 Posts: 212 ✭✭✭ Junior

Spot on Tripp...and let NO ONE FORGET......this is a HOME GAME for us, DAWG NATION must show up early and louder than the Tennessee game.....ole Bucky won't know what hitem....they'll reminisce on the picnik they had back in the shoe!!!

• Options
    ARdawgARdawg Posts: 8 ✭✭ Sophomore

Pollacks analysis while maybe on point in this assessment is also streaky. I say take the Dawgs on the moneyline. THE Ohio State doesn't compete no longer than the first half

• Options
    DawgZillaDawgZilla Posts: 10 ✭✭ Sophomore

I am sick of Pollack's incredibly obnoxious and almost obsessive behavior when it comes to his silly-assed desire to remain "objective " when it comes to anything related to Dawgs football.

He can point out inconsistencies and mistakes made by coaches or players if he wants, but if he can't be positive and buy a ticket on the fan train, then he needs to bum a ride on the other team's bus...and stay there.