Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

ESPN reporter shares Kirby Smart’s behind the scenes message to Georgia Bulldogs

2»

Comments

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Oh OK so when Bama has injuries That counts for Them. But when UGA has injuries it doesn’t count ( see your comments on another thread). You must have to buy allot of razor blades because you are so two faced. The Only reason you come here is you get your cookies by spinning up Dawgs fans. Ooops forgot the other you also fancy yourself as being The expert above all other experts of college football. I will give you this much credit you Do get under my skin. Can’t enjoy the fellowship of a Winning Season with my fellow Dawgs fans without you coming and taking shots at the Dawgs and claiming to be merely objective.

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Now for a more important comment than my previous one. I’ll give OSU due respect in that I think they will play very hard and will probably be the toughest game our Dawgs have had. But I Trust Kirby Smart and his coaching staff and I Believe in our Dawgs. They will Find a way to Win. I don’t know how the game will go, I’m not a prophet. But I just Believe in our Dawgs to get the Win. I’m not a statistician, so stats don’t really mean every thing to me. I’ve seen with my own to eyes in spite of my poor vision, a former walk on QB go against the hyped up stats and along with the great support of his teammates and coaches Win 27-3. That is enough to give me Plenty of Faith, keep the stats, I don’t need Em !! Go Dawgs !!!

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@navydawg

"Can’t enjoy the fellowship of a Winning Season with my fellow Dawgs fans without you coming and taking shots at the Dawgs " . Every Dawg fan has every right to thoroughly enjoy this winning season.

BUT Is it really a season to enjoy IF (I said IF) the season doesn't end with a win? I have no idea what will happen vs OSU. Will it be a typical SEC vs BIG10 beatdown? Will OSU keep the UGA D on their heels and be able to score like LSU did in the 2nd half of the SECCG? It could go either way.

You think CKS will be satisfied to get this far and lose? Will he "enjoy a winning season"? I have enjoyed it so far. I have confidence that CKS and staff will have a good plan to win a tough game. But UGA has not been tested like they will be tested vs OSU. How will a young team respond? How will OSU respond to another smash mouth game?

You don't get this far often. Sometimes it takes 41 years. To get to this point and not win it all would definitely NOT make this season "enjoyable". It would be a HUGE disappointment.

I don't think there is a coach in the country that prepares (from day 1) a team for success like CKS does. That is the good news.

Unlike last season, this run is on the shoulders of SBIV. Last year's D is not gonna be out there. The good news is that he has twice as much starting experience and any QB in the country and is surrounded by talent. Tom Brady or Tony "Oh No!" Romo? It will be on the coaching staff to feed the right play calls to SBIV and minimize his improvisations.

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited December 2022

I don't think OSU has the hosses to go toe-to-toe with UGA for 4 qtrs..

UGA is a "complete team", whereas, OSU has an offense with missing WRs (sound familiar) and not much of a defense.

IMO...Michigan will be a tougher beat than last year...Lol...but, then again, so will UGA. My picks are below. Use them responsibly. Lol

UGA. 52....OSU. 10

MICH. 38...TCU. 9

UGA. 41....MICH. 17. CFPCG

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited December 2022

"But UGA has not been tested like they will be tested vs OSU. How will a young team respond? How will OSU respond to another smash mouth game?"

I respectfully disagree! UGA has beaten the best that the SEC and PAC12 could throw at them and passed with flying colors. That's a much bigger feat than winning the BIG10...which OSU didn't do, BTW.

The Dawgs started the season out with youth and inexperience at a few positions...however, we are entering Season 2022B (CFP), with 3 weeks of pre-Bowl practice. The boys aren't "Young & Inexperienced" anymore.

The track meet we saw in the 2nd half of the LSU game was invited by Kirby and Muschamp. They pulled back on pressuring Daniels a little bit and went to "man coverage" on the backend.

There was a few mistakes made. But, that's kinda the point. Before Kirby and Muschamp can "fix it"...they have to know what's broke. You need to see what each of your DBs can do, if left on an island with the best receivers in College. Especially, when you are getting ready to face an offense like OSU's You won't see any of that mess in the CFP.

UGA's undefeated regular season, allowed the younguns to mature and gain valuable experience. With Spring Practice, Fall (2-a-days) preseason practice, 13 game and 3 weeks of Bowl practice...I think it's a mistake to underestimate the progress these boys have made over the last year.

"It will be on the coaching staff to feed the right play calls to SBIV and minimize his improvisations."

Why would you want to change the offense's M.O. at this stage of the game. Doesn't make any sense...unless you think it would somehow validate your unwavering (and erroneous) opinion of Bennett and Monkin's offense. Lol.

We get it...you want the Dawgs to air-it-out on every play. It's a formula for big STATs...but, not Wins or Championships. You'll learn. Lol

Bennett's been calling and changing plays at the LOS for 3 years. Granted, moreso now, than ever. But, it's been successful. To top that off...UGA's Coaches and former QBs on ESPN and SECN have been raving about his ability to adlib and move the offense up and down the field.

The so-called Red Zone issues have been self-inflicted through conservative play-calling. I'll give you a prime example:

vs Mizzou...UGA moved the ball inside the 10 yd line, twice, late in the 4th qtr.. They scored twice on 1 yd runs. Monkin only called 2 pass plays on both of those trips. Both to McConkey...and both for 3 yds. Does it seem like they were worried about scoring...or winning, that game? Lol