Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Georgia defenders share how they plan to ‘rattle’ Ohio State quarterback CJ Stroud

SystemSystem Posts: 11,138 admin
edited December 2022 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia defenders share how they plan to ‘rattle’ Ohio State quarterback CJ Stroud

Smael Mondon didn’t see the comparison that his teammate Zion Logue was making. The Georgia defensive lineman had been asked how Ohio State quarterback CJ Stroud stacks up to some of the signal callers Georgia has faced during the season.

Read the full story here

Comments

• MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited December 2022

Yep, gotta get in Stroud's face and rattle him. That's what we did so effectively in the National Championship game last year. We smothered Young. I question whether or not our defense can do that as effectively as we did last season, but I'm certainly hoping so!

GO DAWGS!!

• kylnmeg10kylnmeg10 Posts: 536 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

My biggest thing. Don't settle for just defending the pass, even though he doesn't have the stats, he can run. And if we start letting them run the ball, it'll be a long night. Yes, disrupting him is key, but also stop the run. Just because treveyon isn't playing, doesn't mean they don't have other 4-5 star running backs ready to make a name for themselves.

• navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

OSU played Two pretty decent teams in the regular season Penn St. that gave them all they wanted and Maryland. So those were the two At The Time strongest teams they faced. Got spanked by Michigan. I sure don’t have any love for the Vols and don’t defend them, but they did face a much tougher schedule. If our Dawgs go out and execute on Both sides of the ball as they Can and they Should then down goes OSU. The Main thing our Dawgs Can’t Do is keep them in the game by shooting their ( the Dawgs) own self in the foot as they did vs LSU. Minus all the self sustained errors the Dawgs would have utterly destroyed LSU, and I’m Believing the same thing will happen vs OSU. Go Dawgs !!

• DawgTattooDawgTattoo Posts: 420 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I agree with the opinions below. But let me add one more thing: we have to score TD's and not FG's. Redzone scoring has been an issue at times this year.

• Gibroni88Gibroni88 Posts: 460 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited December 2022

As long as our defense prepares for an entire 4 quarter game, no plays off regardless of the score, and gets pressure up the middle and on the edges with stunts, I am very confident that our Dawgs will win this game.

If Stroud has pressure in his face, just moving him off his spot and messing up his timing should be enough to allow the secondary to play to its strengths. Stroud will likely connect once or twice for big plays which is expected in a playoff game with top 4 competitors, but keeping it at or under that number and not allowing the momentum swings that usually come with double digit leads will also be key.

Our defense will be up for the test, I am very confident about that.

Monken needs to let our big Dawgs eat on offense and get Bowers that football at least 8 to 10 times in this game.

Our RB’s need to eat as well and let our severely underrated Offensive line beat the heck out of their linemen and LB’s until they just fold in the second half. I say they are underrated because outside of Athens, I do not think they get the kudos they deserve to this undefeated season and keeping the Mailman off his back for the majority of the season. The id1ot sports media always wanna highlight and cherry pick the goal line stuff but I believe that is more an issue with the play calling and coaching when the Dawgs are inside the 10. That my opinion on it and you can ask anyone that’s read my posts in the past, I am usually the last one to defend the coaches and players when it comes to that stuff. 🤷‍♂️

And one last thing: Podlesny better be ready because he will be counted on in this game. I have zero doubt about that!

• Gibroni88Gibroni88 Posts: 460 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@kylnmeg10

If there is one thing I am almost 0% concerned about with this game, it’s the run defense.

My concern is the pressure and adjustments the DL and LB’s have to make upon direction from the coaches.

If Stroud does not get pressure, his super talented WR’s will have a field day because he gets that ball out in under 3 seconds 50% of the time.

However, if he has to move off his spot in the middle from pressure, better watch out because if our D-line gets in there, it’s gonna be a butt whooping for OSU.

I really think it will come down to those 2 things.