Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia football lands wide receiver Dominic Lovett from transfer portal

SystemSystem Posts: 10,680 admin
edited December 2022 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia football lands wide receiver Dominic Lovett from transfer portal

Georgia has added to its wide receiver room in a big way, as the Bulldogs pulled Missouri wide receiver Dominic Lovett from the transfer portal.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

We're definitely going to have a FULL WR room!

Any word on signing previously committed 4-star wide receiver Raymond Cottrell?? Tomorrow is the last day for early signing.

• Options
    CharlestonDawgFanCharlestonDawgFan Posts: 95 ✭✭✭ Junior

Regardless of whom the QB1 will be next year, that whole room has to be excited with what they’re getting next year. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    DawgCrazy76DawgCrazy76 Posts: 506 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Welcome to the "G" time to go vertical time to get elite. Christmas came early this year. Go Dawgz, Sic'em.😎

• Options
    DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Suffice it to say the Dawgs plan to throw it around the yard quite a bit next year, and I'm here for it. @MontanaDawg it wouldn't surprise me if Cottrell finds a home elsewhere. Maybe he's been told by the coaching staff to wait until after UGA sees what WRs opt to leave after the playoffs, but hard to see him feeling as needed as he may have as recently as two days ago. But what about that O-Lineman, Merriweather? Anyone know what's up with him?

• Options
    MACDAWGMACDAWG Posts: 261 ✭✭✭ Junior

UGA fans. there may be some more good news coming in this class for UGA. Stay patient and watch. There may also be some more good news on top of the two WR portal transfers with another high quality defensive transfer to UGA. Things are looking really good. Hope it all works out.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,657 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I’m greedy but Cottrell is a fantastic looking receiver if you watch his tape. Nothing wrong with waiting a year(if need be)to strut your stuff. Maybe redshirt and then ball out.

• Options
    LoranwhaddayagotLoranwhaddayagot Posts: 2,037 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Hope you’re doing okay! I’ve been cooped up with the flu for two days, and although it could be much worse, I wouldn’t wish this on anyone.

Go Dawgs!

• Options
    BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Dang, we gained the #4 (Lovett) and #14 (Ra Ra) ranked receivers in the SEC this season. That means next year we will have 4 of the top 14 receivers in the SEC with Ladd and Brock. To put in perspective, Bama’s best receivers were #15 and #19 (Burton). Yikes!!! Go Dawgs!!!

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Would Sure make any of our QBs that are thinking of transferring Stop and think when they consider the WR room now, not to mention the TE room, the RB room ( in This Offense) and what Should be an Excellent O Line !! If I’m one of those QBs and I Believe in myself, I’d want to stay and fight for the best slot I can get !! AND Kirby & Co might not be done with that position yet !! Go Dawgs !!

• Options
    WarnelldawgWarnelldawg Posts: 1 ✭ Freshman

Prayers for you and your family NavyDawg!

• Options
    BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Dang NavyDawg….sorry to hear you are dealing with all those health issues. Hang-in-there pal because we’ve got a lot of BullDawg football to take in…..and now we have the best WR room in the SEC. Stay safe and I hope Santa comes to see you. Go Dawgs!!!

• Options
    kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Awesome. The lack of high profile WRs has really been something missing over the years as we would grab top QBs and they'd have no one to throw to. Now, that's rapidly changing and that's going to work amazingly well with Beck, Vandagriff and Stockton. They'd be fools to leave now. Great WRs have always made good Bama QBs seem like superstars. They turn incomplete passes into TDs.

Very exciting!

Now, I will state that it's no surprise that we haven't had any transfers yet. We are in the playoffs. No one wants to jump ship with a shot at being at the NC. We will see where we stand around mid January.

• Options
    ftworthdawgftworthdawg Posts: 798 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Welcome Aboard!!!

• Options
    CandlerParkCandlerPark Posts: 703 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

This prompts me to wonder what our WR depth chart will look like next year.

If I had to bet on it, I'd expect McConkey, Rosemy-Jacksaint, maybe Bell, Mitchell, Lovett and Thomas to compete for the first-team (assuming we'd be running with three WRs). That would leave A. Smith, Morrissette, Speer, Mews and the three (or four) freshmen competing for third-team rotations.

This is a good thing.

But I do wonder if that depth -- combined with Bowers & company -- means we'll see one or two WRs transferring out in the spring. I'd hate to see any of the guys in that first group (or, for that matter, Adrian Smith) leave UGA. Each one is a DGD and is capable of developing further.

But any way you cut it, we've now got an embarrassment of riches at WR. Congratulations to Coach McClendon for bolstering this group!

• Options
    Bdw3184Bdw3184 Posts: 12,727 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

And as of yet , we can’t count out K. Jackson and D. Blaylock. They each have another year of eligibility and could increase their draft stock if they stayed.

That being said, Coach Kirby may have sought out the two portal WRs knowing that those two may be moving on. We’ll see, I suspect.

But In Coach Kirby we [should] trust!

Go Dawgs!

• Options
    Bdw3184Bdw3184 Posts: 12,727 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Take care of yourself, my friend!

Will be praying for you and your family!

Have a very Merry Christmas!