Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Georgia football lands wide receiver Dominic Lovett from transfer portal

2»

Comments

• ftworthdawgftworthdawg Posts: 802 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Welcome Aboard!!!

• CandlerParkCandlerPark Posts: 788 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

This prompts me to wonder what our WR depth chart will look like next year.

If I had to bet on it, I'd expect McConkey, Rosemy-Jacksaint, maybe Bell, Mitchell, Lovett and Thomas to compete for the first-team (assuming we'd be running with three WRs). That would leave A. Smith, Morrissette, Speer, Mews and the three (or four) freshmen competing for third-team rotations.

This is a good thing.

But I do wonder if that depth -- combined with Bowers & company -- means we'll see one or two WRs transferring out in the spring. I'd hate to see any of the guys in that first group (or, for that matter, Adrian Smith) leave UGA. Each one is a DGD and is capable of developing further.

But any way you cut it, we've now got an embarrassment of riches at WR. Congratulations to Coach McClendon for bolstering this group!

• Bdw3184Bdw3184 Posts: 13,174 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

And as of yet , we can’t count out K. Jackson and D. Blaylock. They each have another year of eligibility and could increase their draft stock if they stayed.

That being said, Coach Kirby may have sought out the two portal WRs knowing that those two may be moving on. We’ll see, I suspect.

But In Coach Kirby we [should] trust!

Go Dawgs!

• Bdw3184Bdw3184 Posts: 13,174 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Take care of yourself, my friend!

Will be praying for you and your family!

Have a very Merry Christmas!

• reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,756 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@navydawg

"Hang in their like a Woodall boy" is an expression my father-in-law used to say during tough moments. He grew up during the depression and he tells the story of the Woodall family who lived down the road. Times were tough on all but they were of meager means and lived harder lives it seemed than most but my father-in-law said they were as tough as nails. Hence, the expression his family came up with, "Hang in there like a Woodall boy." Sort of like hunker down you hairy dawgs! God bless!

• LoranwhaddayagotLoranwhaddayagot Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Sincere prayers for you! I mean that! The flu is a minor inconvenience.

Your post really blessed me with your attitude and spirt even with what you’re going through.

I just don’t know what people do that don’t have the Lord. The presence and peace of the Lord is real and I pity those who have never felt that.

I hope your new doctor is a blessing! My dad is having heart issues, and his cardiologist has been battling cancer so I’m not sure how they’re going to handle that.

It is called “practicing medicine” after all. But we know the great physician who can do all things!

Again, praying sincerely right now for you and your family and all that you’re going through!