Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Ohio State coach Ryan Day demoralized by 42-41 loss to Georgia, ‘we played a helluva game’

2»

Comments

• Options
    Oldddawg76Oldddawg76 Posts: 393 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I'm no expert, but I'd have to say that Georgia won the game as much as it was lost to THE OSU. M'rite?

There were stretches when THE OSU rolled UGa. But there were also stretches (17-0, 18-3) when UGa rolled over them. THE OSU QB had a "spectacular" game, 23-34 for 348 yards, 4 TDs. But the other QB was 23-34 for 398 yards and 4 TDs. Ref calls went both ways. Some benefited THE OSU. Some benefited UGa.

In the end, UGa had more points, if I remember correctly.

• Options
    DJG76DJG76 Posts: 212 ✭✭✭ Junior

The PAC 12 Ref's were terrible. Apparently there is no such thing as holding in the P-12....though I'll give them credit, they called it one time when it was so obvious my pee wee league grandson noticed...."popie, they're tryin to tear off our guys jersey!" Without a doubt, TOS played their best game of the year...I'm still scratchin my head on how they lost to Michigan?

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,617 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

THey were clearly holding our guys all night long and got flagged once to my memory! Shameful!

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,617 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

How is it not holding on a defensive lineman if 2 Ohio St guys are on either side of him but not in front of him and he cant blow past them?

• Options
    MrLMrL Posts: 2 ✭ Freshman

After watching both playoff games, my suspicions have been confirmed:

High scoring games in football happen because the refs are calling sh** on the offense.

When you properly call holding and blocks in the back by the offense, the game of football is balanced. If you don't, it ends in a shoot out with tons of long plays. Ultimately, this becomes a different sport (maybe more like CFL). I'm sure many like it. However, I don't particularly enjoy these games. It puts too much focus on the QB. Even a mediocre player will find receivers if given twice the time as usual.

Give the defense a chance to shine, too!

• Options
    dawgfromduluthdawgfromduluth Posts: 364 ✭✭✭ Junior

It's time to move to professional officials. The days of a former 4th string D2 player, now insurance salesman or lawyer and part time official calling a CFP playoff game should be over. There's enough money in the SEC to support a merit based professional officiating team.