Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Easier to watch knowing outcome

raising_DAWGSraising_DAWGS Posts: 4 ✭✭ Sophomore

BA nailed it in Monday podcast - I didn't enjoy watching that game at all. I was in bad humor and was bad company. Nervous for 59.9 minutes. Just watched the highlights and it was so much better knowing the outcome - really allowed me to delight in our team's performance. One of the few games that is WAY better the second time around.

Comments

• Options
    donniemdonniem Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

As a mere freshman, you seem well ahead of the game. This avoidance of negative emotions and roller coaster emotions and hope vs despair is at the heart of my philosophy of recording games and only watching if we win - which is usually all of the time. Negative emotions send nasty chemicals through our body - not healthy. The more one wants the Dawgs to win, the greater the frustration/anger/despair one experiences.

To quote some minor philosophers "Gloom, Despair, Agony on Me."

• Options
    Bulldawg1982Bulldawg1982 Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It's right for me but I'm biased, I went to that Rose Bowl. I too went to that 2nd & 26 natty game and even tho we were on the heartbroken end of that game, I think it deserves a spot on that list too.

• Options
    BangersBangers Posts: 826 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It was a game for the ages no doubt but it doesn't quite surpass the 2017 Rosebowl... you never forget your first!

I have to say, I disagree with this notion of not enjoying the game in the moment. Sure I was in knots the whole time, but it was extremely exciting! I was cheering like crazy with every big play we made... I cant say I didnt enjoy that because I loved it. Of course, I did think it was possible we were going to lose the game and was worried we might with every OSU score, but I also thought that going into the game. I never gave up hope that we would pull it out in the end, and sure enough...

Go Dawgs!

• Options
    Bdw3184Bdw3184 Posts: 12,727 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,741 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The interception was not on Stetson!

Watch Top Billin' on YouTube for his discussion and breakdown of the interception Stetson threw. It's exceedingly clear that the error was on KennyMac.

(This is free to watch video available to anyone and easily found.)

There are many things to clean up and improve. Just about all our players can improve. Stetson included of course, but not everything that initially looks like Stetson's fault is his fault.

I agree with you. The Peach Bowl is a lot easier and more fun to watch knowing the outcome. In some ways we were borderline terrible (defensive backfield especially), but a great many penalties were not called on OSU, and too many pass interference penalties came out way. Mostly we look a lot better on the replay.

But, that game is in the past. I'm very concerned about the next opponent and game.

TCU is a very good team. They deserve to be where they are. I doubt any knowledgable Dawg fan is taking them lightly. I'm sure Kirby & Company are well aware of the uphill battle we face.

Michigan made a lot of mistakes which helped TCU beat 'em, but we haven't exactly been a mistake free team recently. Again, Kirby is aware, but that doesn't mean our mistakes are easily fixable.

(No, I'm not saying we won't win the game. I am saying we could lose. It all depends on how we fix our mistakes, how good our game plan is, and how well we execute. We have the talent and determination and chemistry to pull off the win.)

Go, Dawgs!

• Options
    JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,741 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Maybe. Or maybe he didn't want to throw his RB under the bus. Maybe he was being a leader as in I'm the QB so everything that goes wrong is on me.

Go, Dawgs!