Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Offensive lineman Warren McClendon, Warren Ericson declare for 2023 NFL Draft

SystemSystem Posts: 10,480 admin
edited January 2023 in Article commenting
imageOffensive lineman Warren McClendon, Warren Ericson declare for 2023 NFL Draft

Two more Georgia offensive linemen will be moving on, with right tackle Warren McClendon and center Warren Ericson making their intentions known that they will be entering the 2023 NFL Draft.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    GoodOlDawgGoodOlDawg Posts: 446 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2023

I wonder if Warren Ericson’s decision is based on VanPran wanting to stay for the 2023 season to continue playing center. I don’t know if these guys discuss these things with one another, but if the spot was opening up then Ericson could possibly have a year of starting center to improve his draft status (I think he has another year of eligibility). I guess it’s my wishful thinking that VanPran would stay for 2023, but we will know soon enough.

GO DAWGS!

• Options
    GoodtimeDawgGoodtimeDawg Posts: 468 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Hoping for successful careers for all of our DGDs! I can't wait to see where they land so I can follow NFL teams I never did before. It's no surprise that the NFL wants players from Georgia. They know they will be getting well trained, hard working men that know how to win. GO DAWGS!

• Options
    Raw54Raw54 Posts: 16 ✭ Freshman

McClendon should have stay all he does is flop and fly around after plays.

• Options
    My_Dawg_RyanMy_Dawg_Ryan Posts: 382 ✭✭✭ Junior

Why Ericson leave, I don’t think he was ready and did get pushed around a lot… he probably not going to get drafted and be a FA

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Not surprised. UGA has OL stacked up. If the older guys don't move on the younger guys will leave. Center could be a problem next season.

• Options
    GoodOlDawgGoodOlDawg Posts: 446 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yep, we need for VanPran to stay for 2023. It would be ideal to have a veteran center while breaking in a new starting QB.

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2023

Wish these two DGDs the very best that life has to offer.

• Options
    thadecthadec Posts: 611 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Ericson is a senior who A. does not start and B. has his degree (earned it way back in 2021 in fact). UGA has signed 14 OL in the past 3 recruiting classes, meaning they have a ton of guys that have been redshirting or on the scout team that are ready to contribute. There is no scenario where Ericson was going to have his scholarship renewed. It was either the draft or the portal.