Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia fan-favorite Dominick Blaylock enters the NCAA transfer portal

SystemSystem Posts: 10,539 admin
edited January 2023 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia fan-favorite Dominick Blaylock enters the NCAA transfer portal

ATHENS — Dominick Blaylock gave his football future a long, hard look and determined it’s time to explore moving on from Georgia football.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    ypcregypcreg Posts: 253 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

What happenned to Chandler Smith and De'Nylon Morrissette?

• Options
    Red_N_BlackRed_N_Black Posts: 353 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

You don't have De'Nylon Morrissette, C.J. Smith or Cole Speer listed?

• Options
    DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

You're right. Hopefully, just an oversight as I haven't heard about a transfer. A little sad about Blaylock. I guess he wants to go somewhere and start, but I honestly don't know about that, at least not at the P5 level. He just doesn't have that burst and quick twitch that he did before his injuries. But he'll catch any ball that's close to him.

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Sure hate to see Dominick go, he was a favorite of mine also. I wish Mr. Blaylocks nothing but the best in his future. You will ALWAYS be a Bulldog to me..GoDAWGS!

• Options
    HemingweyHemingwey Posts: 3,898 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

“Yet to announce future intention”… Is there any thought, rumor or news that Ladd and/or AD will not return?

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,152 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Do not figure how Dom will do better elsewhere? He is a fan fave but is just not the "old" Dom who signed on. If he is a Dawg through and through he would stay..one would think? Don't think I do not like Dom...surely do. I wish him the best.

Receiver room is getting lighter by the day.

• Options
    rxmasterrxmaster Posts: 124 ✭✭✭ Junior

Griffith thinks AD Mitchell is draft eligible. Ladd is, but not Mitchell. Regardless, they have given no indication they are transferring either.

• Options
    BackHomeBackHome Posts: 53 ✭✭✭ Junior

I really hope this works out for him. He’s been a DGD and I’ve hated to see him injured for so much of his time here. My impression from afar is that he has handled all this well. So best of luck and thanks for being part of some great seasons!

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2023

Dom Blaylock, Kearis Jackson two of my favorite Dawgs. Course ALL the Dawgs are my favorite Dawgs !! Hate to see them go but I know they have to do what is best for their lives. Now in total ( and Selfish on my part) contradiction to what I just said I sure Hope Ladd and AD will decide to stay. But if they go, No there sure won’t be any animosity on my part. They to have to do what they feel is best for them. I’d just love to see them in action along with the other receivers both new and old. See what the receiver room can do behind a new QB whether it be Beck, BVG, or Gunner. Success and the change from success can sometimes be some what painful. I’ll always be grateful for the wonderful memories ALL these Dawgs have given this ole codger !! Wish Em All the very best that life has to offer. Go Dawgs !!

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2023

Sounds like Bryan McClendon is cleaning out the WR room. Look for a big change in the offensive style, next year. My God...they're gonna be better than 2021 & 2022.

They could've competed against most NFL Teams over the last 2 years. Next year...they could go to the Super Bowl and win.

• Options
    Cali_DawgCali_Dawg Posts: 30 ✭✭ Sophomore

Not ready for Ladd to leave he’s one of our best weapons. Defensively hate to see Blaylock go also hasn’t been same since injury

• Options
    thadecthadec Posts: 611 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Good grief @rxmaster let me list it from the NFL itself.

PLAYER ELIGIBILITY

To be eligible for the draft, players must have been out of high school for at least three years

And we see that Adonai Mitchell graduated high school 3 years ago:

Graduated in 2020 just like CJ Stroud, Bryce Young and Darnell Washington: https://www.maxpreps.com/nv/las-vegas/desert-pines-jaguars/athletes/darnell-washington/?careerid=jc43q89rtitee

What is your basis for continuing to say that Mitchell is not eligible for the draft? Please tell us. Because - as has been stated several times - NFL draft eligibility has nothing to do with when Mitchell earned NCAA eligibility and joined UGA. Or anything having to do with the NCAA at all ... the NFL doesn't even require you to attend college in the first place, plus they have drafted players from NAIA schools, from JUCO and from overseas (the CFL and rugby players) and even former Olympic sprinters. Now Mitchell isn't coming out because he has barely played: 18 games for 560 yards including only 9 catches this year. But he could if he wanted or needed to.

As for Ladd McConkey, there is nothing for him to announce. Redshirt sophomore WRs don't leave for the NFL off 50 yards per game unless they are impetuous or are facing academic/financial/legal problems. Kearis Jackson is leaving because he has done his 5 years and even has his degree. But for McConkey the combination of his average numbers - 770 yards - and measurables (6', 185 lbs, 4.5 40) and UGA's not playing an offense that resembles anything that is done in the pros makes him a 5th round pick at best. With a strong 2023 season - get that 50 ypg up to 75 - in a more conventional offense he can get up to the 3rd round (and also get his degree).