Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Where things stand with Georgia football 2023 roster as Bulldogs still await key decisions

SystemSystem Posts: 11,137 admin
edited January 2023 in Article commenting
imageWhere things stand with Georgia football 2023 roster as Bulldogs still await key decisions

Welcome to Good Day, UGA, your one-stop shop for Georgia football news and takes. Check us out every weekday morning for everything you need to know about Georgia football, recruiting, basketball and more.

Read the full story here

Comments

• brvhrtbrvhrt Posts: 356 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
  • BrooksieBrooksie Posts: 580 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

In defense of Connor. He did state that players respected the loss of their friends and didn’t post. Thus they could have declared and not mentioned it.

• VetdawgVetdawg Posts: 787 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Understood but to think a media outlet could keep quiet about anything is a farce

• GoodOlDawgGoodOlDawg Posts: 486 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I understand that, but if anyone had declared for the draft we would have heard it from the media in the same way we heard of Blaylock entering the TP, or Sherman landing with Nebraska from the TP, or Brett Seither joining Georgia Tech.

• GtheGreekGtheGreek Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The only way for McConkey, Van Pran and Truss to honour the memory of their brother, Devin Willock would be to return for one more year. I have every confidence the 2023 year will be dedicated and played for Devin and Chandler. I have every belief this would be the will of Devin and Chandler.......so why all of the mystery?

• UGA64UGA64 Posts: 126 ✭✭✭ Junior

Regardless what the players leave for the NFL, I see that as a credit on our player development. I know decisions are ahead for some of the Dawg players, but it's not a bad thing. The Football program's culture will prepare the gifted players we have for 2023. I trust Kirby and our coaches to have us in a great position next season. Go Dawgs!!!

• Dawgfan1995Dawgfan1995 Posts: 77 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited January 2023

@GtheGreek You said: "The only way for McConkey, Van Pran and Truss to honour the memory of their brother, Devin Willock would be to return for one more year. I have every confidence the 2023 year will be dedicated and played for Devin and Chandler. I have every belief this would be the will of Devin and Chandler.......so why all of the mystery?"

The reality is that it could be personally very difficult -- especially for Truss and Van Pran -- to come back to play and stay in the places that their friend still should be. With as big of a loss that they suffered, it would not surprise me in the least if they left solely because it would hurt them too much to be back in those same places without their friend.

• kylnmeg10kylnmeg10 Posts: 536 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm gonna go out on a limb and think this article was meant to be posted yesterday, maybe, idk though. My thing is, if they do decide to go, best of luck gentlemen. They are all 3 welcome to it. But the other thing that gets me, maybe they were told by smart or someone from the team that they were declaring and deciding to wait on the deadline to make it 100%.

• CHDawg54CHDawg54 Posts: 416 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

UGA will still be loaded with talent for next season. Their depth chart is better than 90% of the teams in the NFL.

I realize why some players transfer to other teams, they may be gifted athletes but are behind more gifted athletes in talent. All of them dream of playing on Sunday and if you are not getting the chance to showcase your talent it's better for your future to go where you will get more opportunities to play.

But there is no guarantee you won't just be transferring into the same dilemma.