Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia fan-favorite Dominick Blaylock enters the NCAA transfer portal

2»

Comments

• Options
    DipSpitDipSpit Posts: 6 ✭ Freshman

Umm … Darnell Washington was in the 2020 recruiting class … Mitchell was in the 2021 recruiting class. 🤷‍♂️ They didn’t graduate high school the same year.

But, I enjoyed your rant.

I think Mike Griffith just enjoys the attention of saying things in the most controversial way he can. Much like “Details scare in care accident” …

Why ? Why say it that way ? Because it’s his not so subtle snide way of writing things. I guess he thinks it’s cute. 🤷‍♂️

• Options
    Dogman912Dogman912 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Bro you have to do what you have you do. You got 2 rings and you will always be a Dawg. Without those injuries you were well on your way.

• Options
    Oldddawg76Oldddawg76 Posts: 393 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Hate to see him go. Good luck to him (except if he goes to another SEC school :))

• Options
    HemingweyHemingwey Posts: 3,898 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Gotcha! I do seem to remember that article now. Obviously, we all hope they will stay.

• Options
    GoodOlDawgGoodOlDawg Posts: 447 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

"Ladd McConkey, yet to announce future intention

Adonai Mitchell, yet to announce future intention"

If I understand correctly, the deadline (midnight on Monday 1/16/2023) has passed for underclassmen to announce their intentions to declare for the NFL draft. The deadline for entering the TP is midnight on Wednesday 1/18/2023 and will open up again on 5/1/2023 for about a two week period. If this is correct, I think we can assume that McConkey and Mitchell intend to be on the UGA roster for 2023.

GO DAWGS!

• Options
    SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I hate to see Dom go but he was down some on the depth-chart. I hope McConkey returns. I would like to see what Ladd could accomplish with a full year while hopefully being 100% healthy.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I hate to see him go too. Seems like a really good kid. WIsh him the best!

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Can't blame Dom. When he was finally back to full strength Stet rarely threw to him - probably because he was more comfortable with McConkey, Bowers, and Mitchell.

Good luck Dom!

• Options
    WCHWCH Posts: 478 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Dominic Blaylock is a gifted player who has been out played for the past 2 years. He could have done a lot next year. If I were he, I would go to Texas. At any rate, so long.

• Options
    HenddawgHenddawg Posts: 721 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

You are correct on the portal but someone could declare for the draft and not say anything because they list doesn’t become public until Thursday; Thursday is the deadline to rescind the declaration for the draft. Given the tragedy that has occurred, if they did declare they likely didn’t post anything given the sensitivities around this. If they decide to remain in the draft (not saying anyone has even declared), they would likely make some sort of announcement Thursday before the list becomes public.

As for AD Mitchell (I don’t believe he would declare), he took a gap year in Texas after graduating from Cane Ridge HS in Nashville. He has been 3-years removed from HS and is eligible for the draft.

• Options
  • Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2023

You're right. I don't think Mitchell will declare, either. Not with the QB room UGA has. I'm sure there are some receivers licking their lips and daydreaming about next year.

That Lovett, or whatever his name is, from Mizzou and the Rara kid transferring in, are darned good receivers. Add in Arian Smith, AD Mitchell and Ladd McConkey. Dang...the QBs are licking their lips, too.

Lol...notice I didn't even mention the receivers at the TE/RB positions?

UGA is an NFL Quality team with players dedicated to each other's success...even after they transfer. I really liked Blaylock and hate to see him go. I'll be pulling for him, as I do with most former Bulldogs.

• Options

Agree - I think this offense will be an even bigger beast next year than this - and that is saying a lot. Great receivers, and the one from Mizzou was their leading receiver and will be great in the UGA offense. O line will be interesting and I’m expecting Van Pran to return and hold it all together. Isn’t it crazy but I’m ready for next season to start - ha. I’m sure the players and coaches aren’t. Go DAWGS