Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Remembering Chandler LeCroy: ‘She was never not smiling’

SystemSystem Posts: 10,460 admin
edited January 2023 in Article commenting
imageRemembering Chandler LeCroy: ‘She was never not smiling’

Want to attack every day with the latest Georgia football recruiting info? That’s the Intel. This rep here is meant to honor the life of Georgia alum and recruiting staffer Chandler LeCroy. She loved the University of Georgia and got to show it every day at work.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    GtheGreekGtheGreek Posts: 931 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Thank You, Jeff! Such a touching article about a true angel, the heart and soul of our DAWGS. Focusing on Chandler and the unsung team that enriches every aspect of recruiting and player personnel brought a new appreciation to all that goes into making and sustaining The DAWG Nation, of which I am a devoted member for life.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,617 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It just don't seem right! So, much negativity in the world and she was just a literal ray of sunshine to all! Chandler LeCroy a DGD!

• Options
    Run_Lindsey_RunRun_Lindsey_Run Posts: 46 ✭✭✭ Junior

First ever post after 50 years of being a Dawg fan .... Thank you Jeff. While I did not know Chandler and only saw Devin play on the field, their sweet souls will shine on. I hope the AD can encourage all UGA sports teams to remember these 2 in their efforts and presentation going forward. What a tragedy for all of DawgNation. 😢

The team will heal and go for 3 in 2023 devoting each game to Devin & Chandler. They would not want it any other way. Get ready to go hunting again ... stronger, better, more committed than ever. DGD ... Go Dawgs!!!!!

• Options
    PopeyethesailorPopeyethesailor Posts: 443 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Very sad and praying for families. But examining the events that led up to the incident is warranted.

Understand speed was a factor. With that said, why would anyone be driving SOUTH on Barnett Shoals Rd. at 245 AM? Without judging anyone's character, have there been any toxicology results?

• Options
    Run_Lindsey_RunRun_Lindsey_Run Posts: 46 ✭✭✭ Junior

@Popeyethesailor - man, it's just a tragedy regardless of what happened. Toxicology reports are still a couple weeks out. Let everyone grieve the loss of 2 beautiful people and pray for everyone else involved whether a passenger , friend, teammate, coach, mentor or family member. I still get choked up every time I read anything about this sad, sad event. Chan was speeding no doubt. The damage done is proof enough of that. She completely missed the curve (you can look up Clarke County Police accident scene report to see the diagram). Once th curb was jumped, it was a quick progression to power poles, trees and the apartment complex where the vehicle came to rest. In retrospect we are all very lucky not to be mourning the loss of all 4 individuals. 2 exceeds my tolerance level.

I lost a brother to a head on collision. Regardless of fault, THERE IS PAIN.

• Options
    riddlevilleriddleville Posts: 13 ✭ Freshman

Another star in Heaven, beautifully shining and glimmering just as Chandler did in her job hosting recruits and their families. Gone too soon for sure. Praying for Chandler's family and thanking them for sharing such a sweet sweet spirit. UGA loves you, Chandler!