Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Arik Gilbert, former Georgia football tight end, commits to Nebraska

SystemSystem Posts: 10,468 admin
edited January 2023 in Article commenting
imageArik Gilbert, former Georgia football tight end, commits to Nebraska

ATHENS — Another Georgia Bulldog will be heading up to Lincoln, Neb. to play for Matt Rhule and the Nebraska Cornhuskers. Former Georgia tight end Arik Gilbert committed to Nebraska on Thursday afternoon, joining former teammate MJ Sherman.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    GoodOlDawgGoodOlDawg Posts: 446 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I hope things work out great for AG at Nebraska. I’m not very familiar with that program, I don’t know much about Matt Ruhle, and after two years at UGA I can’t say I know very much about Arik Gilbert. If they are successful with getting him on the field, he will probably be a game changer.

GO DAWGS!

(and good luck AG)

• Options
    brvhrtbrvhrt Posts: 323 ✭✭✭ Junior

Really glad for Arik, but if he sees the field early/often I’ll have a lot of questions about the standard Coach Rhule is putting in place.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,145 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Nebraska turning out to be UGA's satellite facility. LOL

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Beat of luck in Lincoln, Mr. Gilbert..GoDAWGS!

• Options
    Gibroni88Gibroni88 Posts: 409 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Sweet! Good Luck, AG!

• Options
    TrippTripp Posts: 513 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Best of luck Arik, I hope you find happiness and fulfillment with the change of climates. You have immense talents and Nebraska can certainly use them. Get healthy and get on the field!

• Options
    BigTenEatsFartsBigTenEatsFarts Posts: 147 ✭✭✭ Junior

Lol. Another one to the big ten. Hope he is able to get the help he is looking for and have a long happy life, but man Nebraska haha

• Options
    E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2023

Well, the bar isn't exactly sky high. Gilbert probably walks onto campus already the most talented player the program has seen in years. If he feels like he's ready to go, what's Rhule got to lose by putting him out there?

• Options
    truthtellertruthteller Posts: 226 ✭✭✭ Junior

I will be watching to see if the new surroundings of Nebraska wakes this kid up. What a talent - it just seems like he has been walking in a fog the last two years. I wish him the best!

• Options
    jamboogiejamboogie Posts: 188 ✭✭✭ Junior

Maybe he will yet find inner peace that would allow him to live up to his potential. Sorry it couldn't be at UGA.

• Options
    WCHWCH Posts: 476 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Nebraska is a long way from his support group.

• Options
    kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yep, I hope he finds what he needs. My suspect is that he's going to find that football doesn't have the path he's looking for.