Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Mel Kiper Jr. projects Georgia football back-to-back with No. 1 overall NFL draft picks

SystemSystem Posts: 10,466 admin
edited January 2023 in Article commenting
imageMel Kiper Jr. projects Georgia football back-to-back with No. 1 overall NFL draft picks

Georgia football might not be done going back-to-back if Mel Kiper Jr. got it right with his first 2023 NFL mock draft on the ESPN pay site.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    thadecthadec Posts: 611 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Stuff like this is just bizarre. If the Bears, who are starting backups at OT and WR, take a defensive player overall that city will have a meltdown. Also, why would a team that runs a 4-3 defense take a 3-4 DT who isn't a pass rusher (6 sacks in 3 seasons at UGA ... his infamous play against Jayden Daniels against LSU wasn't the norm). Unless the Bears fall in love with a LT or WR they love, they are going to trade the pick to a team that wants a QB. And that team is not going to draft Will Levis over CJ Stroud or Bryce Young. Instead they are going to want a QB who is actually capable of being Vanderbilt.

• Options
    BigFanBigFan Posts: 146 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited January 2023

Agree. Chicago has it's QB and someone who doesn't will capitulate and give up a fortune to move up to #1 to get Stroud/Young/Levis (I like Stroud). Chicago has many holes and needs more picks. If I'm a Bears fan and they don't trade out of #1, I'd be scratching my head. I do think Carter would be just fine as an interior DT in a 4-3. Maybe he'll get more sacks when he isn't double teamed and held (tOSU) on every play. Don't get me started on the Mizzou cheap shot.

• Options
    BigFanBigFan Posts: 146 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited January 2023

Re: QB's - my interest is less about Levis and more about how Bryce Young deals with the size issue. Very talented, but he had Alabama OLs protecting him. If he goes high in the draft, it's to a bad team with (probably) a bad O-line. Chicago trades out of #1 and the team that moves into 1 takes Stroud. Then you have the Texans at #2. Given how bad that O-line is, maybe you have to take Levis (who could start soon given the Texans' QB room) as he looks like the best candidate to survive the physical abuse he's going to take as a rookie.

Or everyone who needs a QB calls Chicago's bluff and deals with Houston. But Houston needs help everywhere too, including QB. Why draft a QB and have him killed in his first year? Another trade down for more picks and sacrifice Mills for one more year?

Just my 2 cents. I love the NFL draft almost as I love UGA football.

• Options
    CClayC88CClayC88 Posts: 126 ✭✭✭ Junior

Levis sure looked good when he outplayed Stets last session. Was hitting recivers 40 yards down the field when our coaches were scared to let Bennett throw the ball

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

No team in their right mind is taking Levis over Stroud or Young or even Hooker.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Ky completed 3 passes over 30 yards in the whole game. One of those was on their 1st drive of the game. So, they had 2 longer passes completed the rest of the 58 minutes left in the game. That's just Revisionist history. THey had to pass on a cold windy day because they couldn't run the ball-only 89 yards on the day, and we ran for 247 yards. 90% of Levis passes were of the 5-10 yard variety.

Our game plan was to clearly dominate with the run and throw possession type passes and minimize just airing it out when we were never going to lose that game.

• Options
    kylnmeg10kylnmeg10 Posts: 521 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Could easily see Jones shoot into top 10 or even the top 5 conversation after testing. He is as polished as they come and would benefit a lot of teams now in the NFL. Carter, will fall a couple spots, only because of need for QBs. Curious to see how these guys test at the combine. Still really shocked about Camarda last year. Could've really used that speed on some fakes, if the situation had came up.

• Options
    MikeGriffithMikeGriffith Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@CandlerPark Agree, a lot of attention went in other directions

• Options
    kylnmeg10kylnmeg10 Posts: 521 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited January 2023

Exactly. And how the OL was snubbed of the Joe Moore award. Sure michigan "looked" good during the regular season, playoffs, looked like a completely pedestrian team. This year and last year. Could probably find any other team that played better than Michigan did in their last 2 playoff games. I mean come on, UGA only gave up 9 sacks, ALL SEASON. But let's give it to Michigan.🙄

• Options
    Bdw3184Bdw3184 Posts: 12,727 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    CHDawg54CHDawg54 Posts: 334 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Everybody has Stetson Bennett as a late round pick or even a free agent. The man was the MVP of two national championship Dawg teams. His record as a starting quarterback is nothing short of fantastic. He should go in the first three rounds if the NFL coaches have any brains at all.