Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia quarterback Stetson Bennett arrested early Sunday morning

Comments

• Options
    DoggoneDoggone Posts: 101 ✭✭✭ Junior

Another Johnny Mandel in the making? Very sad. Poor judgement. He should exit the stage ASAP. Shameful

• Options
    Silver_BritchesSilver_Britches Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2023

This is no big deal. I'm just very thankful he wasn't driving while intoxicated.

• Options
    Louis8478Louis8478 Posts: 168 ✭✭✭ Junior

Not taking up for for being drunk in public but he's still young and having fun. But now, he's a celebrity who has to be aware of his surroundings. Also, he may need to keep a low profile for now. He'll be alright. Probably need to stay in familiar surrounds for now. Back to Back Champions, Go Dawgs!!

• Options
    GardenDawgGardenDawg Posts: 311 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited January 2023

I guess that high horse he was riding, "you all (media and some dawgnation fans) just wanted to see me fail" finally bucked him off in Texas!

• Options
    CandlerParkCandlerPark Posts: 663 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Well said, navydawg. I share a different faith tradition than yours, but everything you write rings just as true for me!

• Options
    ChopperChopper Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Per my sources his one phone call was answered after 2 rings

• Options
    StiffneckStiffneck Posts: 82 ✭✭✭ Junior

Hopefully this is a wake up call.

• Options
    edubbedubb Posts: 54 ✭✭✭ Junior

Yep, power and success can combine to allow one to self destruct. As the man in Hang them High was being hung he told the crowd that Demon Rum led him to this point. It seems Stetson like much of our present day society thinks one can not socialize or have fun without the presence of alcohol. When the reality is you can do both and enjoy it more without the crap.