Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Georgia quarterback Stetson Bennett arrested early Sunday morning

1235»

Comments

• navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,138 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2023

Well I might not have been Lol. Sane that is Lol !! I saw some off the charts Crazy mess in that job !!

• CHDawg54CHDawg54 Posts: 415 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Maturity can come and go. I thought I was mature until I got divorced at 30. That led to 4 years of bar fights, speeding tickets, and other stupidity. I met my current wife when I was 35 and she steered me back to maturity, but it took her five years. Things happen in life that we are sometimes not ready to handle and the consequences can be devastating to oneself, family, and friends.

None of us know what Stetson is having to deal with right now. Until all the facts are known, cut him some slack.

• BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Ain't that the truth! There's nothing like a "good woman", to settle a man down and get him focused. I had one. She passed on, some years back, but, She taught me, more than I ever taught Her. Lord knows, where I would've wound up, without Her.

You might be on to something. Bennett does need to settle down and refocus. I can only imagine, the meat grinder and pressure cooker he's been living in, for the past 5 or 6 years. What it takes to overachieve, in that environment, is almost superhuman. He needs to find a good Woman, that can keep His lid from blowing off. Lol

Football has been compared to a chessmatch....and, it's also been compared to War. There's a lot of truth in both statements. Bobby Fisher had issues...so did Audie Murphy...it takes an enormous amount of focus and commitment to achieve the success Bennett enjoyed while wearing The "G".

He just finished his Bulldog career 3 weeks ago...and people are already asking him, "What's next?". No time to wind down...gotta go, go, go, baby.

I think I would do, exactly what he tried to do...remove myself from the public and work on me. Unfortunately, he didn't remove himself far enough. Lol...maybe he should train in Siberia, like Rocky.