Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

ESPN makes playoff predictions for 2023 college football season

2»

Comments

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,664 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The combination of Smart and Monken is the winning ticket. An opposing coach has to match wits with our defense and the fact that we're going to score and put up big numbers. Good luck with that.

If we lose Monken, then I hope whatever Kirby's plan is (and I'm sure he has one) will at least rise to near the level that Monken has put the offense on. But you won't know, til you know. That at least throws some degree of uncertainty into the mix. \I

I'd rather not go that route.

• Options
    street0123street0123 Posts: 67 ✭✭✭ Junior

Mr. Hale has 2 Pac12 teams getting bids into the CFP. That means he believes a 1 loss Pac12 team will get in over Michigan, UGA and potential conference champions Texas, FSU or Clemson. Yeah place that bet and lose your money.

• Options
    JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,765 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

You are right.

Having Georgia picked to be in the playoffs makes me very unhappy. I'd rather be the underdog.

On the other hand, I'm also unhappy there are so many idiôts in the world. Not all of them work for ESPN.

Bless their hearts!

• Options
    GtheGreekGtheGreek Posts: 990 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Well CClay, I think you're wrong. For the most part, the contributors on this post know football. ESPN purports to be the premiere source of collegiate football intel but their writers/commentators regularly miss the mark on their assessments of teams and conferences. We just appreciate an honest factual call rather than homer woulda shoulda coulda wishful pandering or obvious BS bloviating just to stir pots of controversy.

As I've said before, Saban/Bama can recruit. As a DAWG, I appreciate the competition....it keep Kirby sharpe! Bama, as of today has this years #1 recruit class. Saban's/Bama staff's downfall is there inability to fully develop the talent they have recruited.....IMO, 2023 Bama will have the #1 high school team in America if development does not occur. and teams like Texas, LSU, T&AM will beat them.

• Options
    busterchapbusterchap Posts: 82 ✭✭✭ Junior

Oregon? Washington? 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Options
    truthtellertruthteller Posts: 232 ✭✭✭ Junior

"You are right. Having Georgia picked to be in the playoffs makes me very unhappy. I'd rather be the underdog. On the other hand, I'm also unhappy there are so many idiôts in the world. Not all of them work for ESPN. Bless their hearts!" - Jim Wallace

@JimWallace ok, so why would you want the dawgs to be underdog status? Were we not underdogs for the better part of 41 years? Now that we are on top and expectations are high each year, and the dawgs are picked by most experts to win it all - why would you want to go back?? Come 'on, man!

• Options
    JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,765 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If you don't get it I don't know how even Kirby could explain it to your satisfaction.